82. Confrontation

This is the Choi Family

Of course, the best way to learn about your enemy is to study them thoroughly. But how does one go about it? 

Option 1: Ask Jun the master of data gathering for help.

Option 2: ..... I'll think of something. 

Seungcheol sat at his desk mindlessly doing his job of pushing his work to his secretary, while planning what he had to do moving forward. (His secretary is really starting to re-think their job.) 

To put it into simple terms, he had to remove his father's candidate, gain favor from the shareholders, replace himself with another candidate, and run away to a better life!

Thinking that doing things with other people's help wasn't going to be as impactful as doing it by himself despite being faster, Seungcheol planned to do things by himself. The other shareholders are already looking for him and have sent him stuff about his cousin Hyunwoo, but this kind of material wasn't enough to take him off the seat his father had given him. At most, a little fuss on the internet would happen before his father would shut up the media. Being himself, the best way to understand his enemy is of course!

Meeting the man face to face.

--------------

Hyunwoo: ".........."

Seungcheol: *business smile* (crying on the inside; Why did I do things without asking the others?????)

"So what did you call me out here for?" Hyunwoo asked, as he sipped his tea languidly. Seungcheol could only chuckle lightly as a response. He called Hyunwoo out to probe him but he had no clue on how to do that.

".....I'm going to be straight with you. I'm going to get you off that seat my father gave you." 

"And how do you plan to do that?"

"...That's what I called you out for....." They looked at each other with a little bit of incredulously. Hyunwoo because his "enemy" told him that he was coming for him, Seungcheol because he was messing things up.

"......The share holders are on my side, they have dirt on you to remove you from office and they are willing to help me up there. Is there anything that you want to say to that?"

Hyunwoo continued to nonchalantly drink his tea, leaning back giving off a superior aura. "Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time, a little boy was off to his uncle's house for a birthday party. Since it was for his little cousin, he expected a lot of children running around, bounce castles and cake, all of that. But then his father told him to put on this tux. Why? he had asked. His father said, you'll learn in the future. That birthday party wasn't at all like the boy thought it was. Adults were everywhere; his father took him here and there, talking to adults about things the boy didn't understand. When he finally met the birthday boy, do you know what he said? Today isn't even my birthday..."

Seungcheol remembered that day. Since then, his birthday was celebrated on a day that wasn't the day of his birth. It was something his parents decided, although he himself knows his real birthday was someday else. So the boy who spoke to him that day was Hyunwoo.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm telling you that the adults are in a league of their own. They've been above us for as long as I can remember, controlling us like puppets. Do you like being under their control?"

"Are you indirectly telling me that you don't want to be up their either?" Seungcheol finally caught on. Perhaps Hyunwoo wasn't an enemy. 

"I didn't say anything but I hope you understand what I mean. I can't say those words directly, those words could cause us a lot of trouble." He understood, that there are many eyes and ears around them, their words could be used against them by others, it was better to be careful. 

"If that is all." Hyunwoo had finished his tea and got up to leave. Seungcheol made no move to stop him, trying to process his cousin's words. If what Hyunwoo says is true, then he won't be a thorn in his path, he won't fight back. Then that's one step forward, onto the next.

---------------

Wonwoo was cleaning out his locker of all the junk the other students slipped in through the slits of the door while Jihoon was off to the restroom. They spent most of their lunch working on music in their empty classroom when Jihoon needed a break. Since the nearest restroom was by Wonwoo's locker, he went with him as well, now empty his dirty locker. The other students haven't physically bullied them since Seungcheol reformed the school, but silent threats continued. Both Wonwoo and Jihoon agreed that it was already much better than before and decided that Seungcheol didn't need to know all the little details. 

Throwing all the profanity covered slips of paper and nasty food wrappers into the trash can nearby, he turned to go wash his hands when he was stopped by a group of four. 

"You're Jeon Wonwoo?" Judging by their clothes, they weren't students from here. They were also a lot taller, their faces looking a lot rougher. Looking around them, he could see some students hiding around the corner sneaking glances. They must of told them.

"And if I am?" There was no way out, surrounded completely, the wall behind him blocking his escape. If anything, he should make sure Jihoon doesn't get caught up in this. "Let's have a little chat."

"Then let's not do this here, there are a lot of eyes around us." These 'thugs' weren't completely stupid and agreed to move, knowing this is enemy territory. Wonwoo guided them away from the restroom and breathed a breath of relief.

"What you sighing for? Get him."

---------------violence happening~

Wiping his bloody lip on the inside of his jacket, he was lucky that they only bruised him up where his clothes still covered. Well, except for one busted lip, that was before the 'leader' told them to be 'careful'. Checking his pockets, he realized his phone has been snatched. Thinking nothing of it, he hurried back to check on Jihoon, hoping the thugs were only after him. 

Seeing Jihoon obediently waiting for him by his locker, he calmed down. "Hey Ji, sorry I stepped away for a bit." 

Jihoon noticed his busted lip and reached to look at it clearly. 

"Don't worry, I was being an idiot and opened the locker door right into my own face." He assured. Jihoon only elbowed him in good humor. He held on a light-hearted smile and lead Jihoon away.