24. Recording Hurricane

This is the Choi Family

A couple days went by, the day that Hoshi and Woozi were going to record the song was finally here. Seungcheol selected only one other producer, Kye Bumzu, to join in the session, limiting the number of people who have a connection to just his most trusted. 

"You really got Woozi to help you? I know about the scandal online but I thought it was fake news." Bumzu commented. "We're really working with Woozi. It's his account on Uprising that we have been messaging on, the only platform he is active on." Hoshi answered, spinning in his seat, waiting for the appointed time. He couldn't help but fidget in his seat, full of excitement. 

Seungcheol's eyes were glued to the clock on the wall, watching the second hand tick, each second feeling longer than it should. Bumzu only looked at the two amused. It's not everyday you get to see your boss sitting straight glaring at a clock and his best friend dazed out spinning on a chair. It's definitely not a common occurrence.

Turning back to the computer sat in front of him, Bumzu saw the little grey icon turn green next to Woozi's name under Hoshi's friends list. Grabbing Hoshi's chair and jerking the man to a stop, he pushed the keyboard closer to him. "Your 'dear' Woozi is online. Hurry and greet him you fool." Hearing the words Woozi and online, Hoshi quickly clicked on their chat room and typed a 'good afternoon'.

Woozi: Good afternoon to you too. I have to set up some equipment, I'll share the link in a bit.

Hoshi: No problem, take your time Woozi-sshi.

When Woozi was done, his set up was listed in icons across the bottom half of the screen, chat shrunk to the side. The track was displayed in the top half, Woozi's mouse fleeting around across the screen fiddling with his music. Bumzu scanned the list of equipment, surprised and a little bewildered with what he reads. "His equipment isn't very impressive. It's behind by a couple models. Some of our equipment isn't compatible." Seungcheol scrunched his nose as he scanned the list as well. Looking back at the equipment in this studio, it was all brand new, best of the best. "Do we have compatible equipment on hand?" He asked Bumzu. Bumzu shook his head. "We've sent them back to the company for experimental data. The new tech brand sponsor we signed with recently replaced everything." Seungcheol's eyes stopped on the model of mixer. "I think I have some." He mumbled, rushing out of the studio headed straight towards his office. Displayed in his glass cabinet is the same model, same brand. Eyes glazing over, fondly touching the device, he remembered the days he produced music secretly. Those days were the best, playing music secretly behind his parent's backs. Taking it out of its perch, he brought it back to the studio and Bumzu got to work.

Hoshi looked at the old equipment, recognizing it immediately. "Hyung, do you still produce music?" He asked quietly. He studied Seungcheol's face, cautiously, afraid of bringing up unpleasant memories. Seungcheol smiled a sad smile. "No, I haven't touched music since then." Hoshi only nodded before being enraptured by Woozi.

The way Woozi worked was admirable, typing comments in the chat, always direct, not using complicated words. His mouse clicking and editing, Hoshi's voice repeated again and again before he picked out some flaws and asked to record again. Hoshi didn't mind recording again and again, Woozi says its not up to caliber then its not good enough for his debut. What Woozi says, goes. Seungcheol watched on from the couch, monitoring Bumzu asking about this and that, learning from each other about techniques. He was calm and happy, just watching his best friend working hard in the booth. Just then, his phone buzzed interrupting his moment. Sighing, he got up and left the studio. Picking up his phone, he saw it was from his mom.

"What is it, mom?"

"Is that anyway to talk to your mother?"

"Sorry, mah. Let me rephrase it. What do you need from me?"

"Humph. Well, whatever. I want you to come to the Caratland Diner this evening."

Seungcheol sighed and agreed, knowing he didn't have much of a choice. "When do I have to be there?"

"7 pm sharp. Dress nicely."

Ending the call abruptly as it came, Seungcheol sent a quick text to Hoshi telling him that he had to go before shoving his phone in his pocket and left.

----------------

Seungcheol ranted about anything and everything to Joshua until it was time to go. "Good luck, bro. I hope they aren't asking for the impossible from you." Seungcheol nodded. "I hope its just them yelling about how bad their trip is going." He snorted at his own words. As if they could possibly have a bad time. 

Arriving at the diner, he noticed the decorations were quite cute and artsy. Nice light blues and pinks filled up the diner. I should bring Jihoon and the kids here sometime. He hummed to himself, mood not as bad. Upon entering the diner, he was wrapped in a homely feeling, which is unusual for a diner all the way out here. Even more weird, his parents are sitting in it. They looked extremely out of place. Guided to his parent's table, he noticed the guests and-. 

Seungcheol now really regrets coming. Across from his parents must be the Yoon family and their "lovely" son, Yoon Jeonghan. Slapping himself silly in his head, he wished he begged Hoshi to lock him up at the studio. 

"Evening, son. Come sit here." His father gestured to the seat next to Jeonghan. Jeonghan did not look up from his empty plate, lips pursed. Seungcheol sighed and sat down. Greeting the Yoon parents with a formal nod, he sat comfortable smug. His mother was glaring at his behavior but Seungcheol could care less. 

They had a nice meal, parents talking the whole time. Both Seungcheol and Jeonghan said not a word, just eating the food in front of them, not sparing each other a glance. "Seungcheol honey, why aren't you talking to you're fiancé? He must feel so awkward."

Seungcheol took one peek at Jeonghan and sighed. Turning back to his parents, he stood up and nodded a bow, leaving a easily discernible lie. "Thanks for dinner, but I'm going to head back. I can't leave Joshua at home alone for too long." He was turning to leave when Jeonghan grabbed his arm. 

"Don't leave." He said quietly, still not meeting his eyes. Seungcheol scoffed and shook him off. 

"I'm not your fiancé, get off me." Seungcheol's dad stood up and yanked him aside. "What are you doing?" He hissed. "You are going to marry him, I'm not even asking for you to marry a girl, just marry this guy!" 

Seungcheol glared at the discolored patch on the wall, hands clenched at his side. 

"The Yoon Industries want to merge with us and you are costing us the deal! Get you head on straight!!" He jabbed a finger into his son's chest. Seungcheol gritted his teeth and stocked back to the table. 

"Let's go, Jeonghan." He forced out. Jeonghan silently got up and bowed to the parents. Seungcheol walked out fast, not caring if Jeonghan was following or not. Outside, he headed straight for his car. When Jeonghan noticed, he hurried over to the passenger side and bucked himself. 

"Where is you're house." Seungcheol said quietly, concealing his anger. Jeonghan finally looked up at him. 

"W-what?" 

"I asked where you lived." Jeonghan mumbled out an address and Seungcheol started the car. 

When they arrived, Seungcheol said nothing, Jeonghan didn't move. Seungcheol was getting more and more frustrated. Jeonghan's actions were hard to read. The grabbing him and stopping him from leaving and the not getting off the car. "Get out, don't make me drag you out." Jeonghan nodded in goodbye and hurried out the car. As soon as the door closed, Seungcheol got back on the road not caring if Jeonghan went in or not. He was mad. He didn't say no to the marriage, he couldn't for his company. 

He didn't want anymore interaction than that. This time he got out of the situation, but what if he couldn't get out of it next time? He needed to get away. Parking on the side of the road, he pulled out his phone and dialed a familiar number. Listening to the dial tone, he gazed out the window of his car. When it connected, he in a breath. "Hey Jun, its me. You'll be here soon yea? Help me with a little something."

-------------

Hi hi! It's me, the author :D 

The next few chapters might be a bit shorter, since finals week is here. Just a heads up! But I plan to stick to my Friday uploads.  No stopping or else it might drop!

Thanks for reading!