32. Information

This is the Choi Family

Seungcheol finally got to sit down and have a chat with Jun. After the hospital debacle, Jun had left on short notice without a word and Seungcheol had to wait until that was finished. Having afternoon tea in a nearby cafe, Jun pulled out a thick manila folder labeled 'Yoon Industries'. Pushing it over for Seungcheol to read, Jun summarized what he found.

"The Yoon Industries have a long history of tax evasion, a little illegal dealings but I haven't found anything big." Seungcheol nodded, flipping through the pages quickly. "That's okay. If there's one specific deal that's bad enough, I'll tattle to my parents. Anything about their family?" If he was going to get out of the arranged marriage, he needs to know every bad thing there is for blackmail. Jun shook his head, indicating there wasn't much. "Their family is really good at withholding that information apparently. Seeing as I got a hold of their company details." Flipping through the big folder to a tiny tab at the end, there was a few sheets about Jeonghan's schooling and medical history. There was some articles about Jeonghan's father at charity events and a transcript of an interview, but other than that, there wasn't a word about the rest of the Yoon family. 

"There's little out there about Jeonghan's mother. She's only ever seen in public events, never anywhere else." There were a few pictures of said mother, all without a smile, only a smirk from time to time. Looking at the dates and events they were taken from, the ones with smirks were the ones where they successfully provoked Seungcheol's parents. Did they know each other? "Is there anything about the couple's education?" Jun sipped his tea and sighed. Blinking his tired eyes, he flipped through the files once more, pulling out a mostly blank document. "This was found right before their malware detector caught our hacker and deleted most of it." Making out some words from the scrambled document, there was a high school and a university listed. Making a point to remember it, he instructed Jun to follow up on the school's end to further understand the Yoon family.

"I think that's all for now, I'll have more people look into the specifics." Seungcheol nodded, closing the folder and put it away. Clearing his throat, he looked Jun up and down, observing him. Jun had some dark circles and looked way too stressed for a simple job like his. He's seen Jun deal with black market users and IT competitors going long without sleep and he'd never seen his this worn down. "Is something going on? You look terrible." Jun sighed before retelling what he told Hoshi and Joshua. "I told them that day when you were in the hospital with Jihoon and Wonwoo. I missed the opportunity to tell you too at that time." Seungcheol hummed in understanding. That day was hectic, he understood that there's a time a place for everything and that this was Jun's story to tell, that's why the other two haven't said anything.

After listening to the whole situation, Seungcheol sympathized with him. "Is that why you rushed out the other day? To follow a trace of your nephew?" Jun nodded, not looking Seungcheol in the eyes. "I thought it wouldn't be as hard as taking down a dark web group, but finding a baby without registration is harder than I thought." Seungcheol hummed, keeping his voice low, worried that if he was any more frantic or loud, he might just set Jun off. Jun was really upset, eyebrows furrowed in what looked like pain, lips pulled in a frown. 

"What happened out there?" Seungcheol asked quietly. "I went out to the port, to find out where the baby went from there. I though they would just point me out to an orphanage, but it turns out that they don't take care of that. It was whoever found the baby took him somewhere." Jun sighed, the pain evident in his eyes. Ripping up the napkin on the table, he continued. "And it's not just one baby, this happens often, so the baby could be anywhere." Seungcheol frowned with him. "Did your sister write about when and where she left the baby?" There must be some other indications of when the baby arrived in Korea. Jun shook his head dejected, the only relevant information was the port that the baby supposedly landed in: Port of Sokcho. There wasn't even a date on the letter his sister left him. "If there was, I could just snatch all the security footage nearby and roll through it tracking every smuggled baby, but there isn't a specific date so tracking every one of them is going to be long and tough." 

"They could have moved the smuggled baby straight into adoption, or left at an orphanage. Have you checked the orphanages?" Jun shook his head. "A lot of the orphanages aren't privately funded so they don't have any electronic data." Seungcheol remembered that Jihoon and family were also from an orphanage, he could find out how the system works. "Hey, how about I go find out for you how the orphanage system works? I know that the one that had Jihoon and the boys is really old, they shouldn't be too hard to dig into." Most orphanages are run on government money, and that usually meant that they don't have the best documentation of what happens there. Only a little percent of orphanages have patronage from private companies. If the documents have the profiles for the children to enter written down, he could help Jun out a little.

Jun nodded in thanks, a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "Thanks Cheol hyung. I was going to do that anyway, you can give me a helping hand." His crew that did the dirty work with him were sifting though huge amounts of data, looking for his nephew. All that was left was to wait it out. The pen and paper documents can be considered a last resort. "Anyways, it shouldn't be long for me to dig up info about your brothers soon too. Their case was broadcasted on the news after all." Jun switched the topic, and Seungcheol sighed. This topic must be hard for Jun, his was really close to his sister before she left him. 

Ignoring the change in pace, he sipped his tea once. Patting his friend on the hand, he smiled softly. "I'm sure you'll find him soon. There's nothing you can't find in this world. You're Moon Jun, smartest guy in our little crew."

-----------

Hi,

I'm in a depressive mood. And I've poured it all into text. If I put that on the internet, what would your response be? I don't have anyone close enough to tell in person. Would the internet listen to me and not judge? Or would I receive backlash? A response would be nice.

Thank you for reading, I love you all.

BlueMoonStone