102. Interrupted

This is the Choi Family

sorry not sorry :)

--------------

Jun found the children playing in the living room, all by themselves. Realizing that the others were all busy with a little something, he sat himself down on the couch and pulled out his phone to work.

Listening in, it seemed that Mingyu was sharing what his friend gave him on the last day of school. 

"I completely forgot about this after school ended. When I was cleaning my backpack out for next year I found it."

Showing the others, it was simply a pack of crackers. How cute.

"Check the expiration date, make sure it's still edible~" He warned.

"Yes~" the children chorused. 

Mingyu obediently checked the label and saw it was still good.

"We're clear~"

Opening it by the coffee table in case of crumbs, Mingyu evenly distributed the crackers to his brothers. He even broke the crackers into bite-size pieces for baby Chan.

All of them munching on their snacks, they all looked quite happy. Jun went to the kitchen to grab more snacks for them since Mingyu's snack was too little for a snack. Opening the cabinet, he suddenly stopped. Certain things were labeled 'Not for Hansol'. 

The last time they were at the hospital, they learned that Hansol was allergic to peanuts. Before, Jihoon didn't have the opportunity to buy snacks for the younger ones, it was by chance the snacks Wonwoo bought then didn't have peanuts. Once Jihoon and company came under Seungcheol's care, once there was more people to watch over them and more change to spare, they could have more snacks. 

Thinking so far, a lot of little snacks have that warning, 'may contain nuts'. All of those were labeled.

Feeling something was wrong, he rushed back to the living room. Grabbing the wrapper out of Mingyu's hands, he searched the labels.

'may contain nuts.'

Feeling a bit panicked, he called for others. "GUYS! I NEED A LITTLE HELP!!!"

Joshua and Jeonghan rushed out of their room, followed by Jihoon and the others.

Joshua quickly took the wrapper from Jun's hands, realizing the situation quickly. 

"It 'may contain nuts', but it doesn't mean that it's definitely peanuts." Glancing at Hansol who was sitting to a side scratching his neck, Joshua frowned. "Let's take him to the hospital. It's best to be safe."

Picking up Hansol into his arms, Joshua pulled Jun along towards the door. Stopping for a moment, he turned to meet Jeonghan's eyes. "...we'll talk more later."

Jun started the car and the 3 left.

Jihoon gripped the nearest person's arm, which happened to be Wonwoo. Grabbing Jihoon's hands into his own, Wonwoo comforted him. "It's okay, these things might happen more often when he can go to school. We just have to be careful."

Mingyu seemed to understand the situation and felt a bit like crying. Cleaning up the crumbs on the table and wiping all the other kids' hands, he still felt down. The other ones might not understand what's going on, but Seungkwan seeing his buddy get taken away was a little upset, but was immediately distracted.

Seungcheol who noticed Mingyu's silent behavior went over and pulled him into a hug. "Hey little guy, what's going on in that little brain of yours?" Mingyu didn't answer, only pushing Seungcheol's face away. "It's not your fault honey. You didn't know, we didn't know, nobody knew. It's just an accident. Besides, we don't even know if Hansol had any reaction to it. Cheer up baby."

 Mingyu didn't seem to be coming around so Seungcheol took him up to his room. A little peace and quiet, a little room to think, and a person who'd listen is what he needed.

Jeonghan, Hoshi, Jihoon and Wonwoo were left in the living room. Since all the roles were filled, they stayed with the children and made sure they were okay.

Hoshi sat with Jeonghan on the ground and nudged him with his shoulder.

"You feeling better?"

"mm. Thanks for asking."

"No problem. I was just a bit worried if I said anything wrong earlier."

"Such as?"

"....just in case. Sorry."

"Nah, just teasing. You good."

--------------

Sorry for the short chapter, I haven't been sleeping well and have a headache. :P

I didn't want to miss a Friday.... I'ma go take a nap :D Good day/night~