116. School work, another guest

This is the Choi Family

Mingyu has gotten to the age where homework started taking more time. This meant he couldn't play with his brothers as much. This also meant he had to set time aside to study, just like how Wonwoo and Jihoon spend a lot of their free time doing. In order to not get distracted, he got to close the bedroom door and worked quietly in his own room.

Frustrated by the numbers and symbols on the paper, he worked his brain hard, calculating the answers. He was on the last page of long division, the answer wasn't whole. Glaring at the numbers, burning a hole into paper, Mingyu gave up and threw his pencil. Picking up both the paper and the tossed pencil, he went out to find help.

"Hyyyuuuuuuuunnnnnnggggggggg" His voice rang out downstairs, catching the attention of everyone.

"What's up champ?" Wonwoo said, walking closer. Seeing the paper and upset face, Wonwoo smiled and reached to rub Mingyu's head. "Stuck in a question? Need help?"

Mingyu nodded and whined. "Heeeeeellllppppp meeeeeeee pweeeeaaasssseeee."

"Of course, buddy. Let's go back to your room."

The other little ones who heard Mingyu talking also came to peek around the corner calling out to their brother. "Hyung?"

Jeonghan who was with them blocked them off by standing in between. "Not now, your hyung is almost done. Just a little longer and then he can play with you all."

The little ones pouted and whined but were quickly placated and distracted into playing on their own.

Mingyu sat back in his seat while Wonwoo sat next to him as they looked at the problem. "What's the struggle?"

"This number goes into this number 3 times and this number goes into this new number 2 times. I can't think of anything that goes into this last number."

Wonwoo nodded in understanding. "Have you learned fractions and decimals yet?"

"Mhm but I don't like them."

"Well you've got to learn to like them, you will see them quite often in the future."

----------------

Once Mingyu's homework was done and he could play again, Wonwoo returned to the dining table where Jihoon was studying.

"I feel like an overworked teacher." He said jokingly. Jihoon frowned at that, not knowing if it was a joke or not. "I-if you-"

"I like teaching you and the others. A lot." Wonwoo amended. Just as he was about to sit down, the doorbell rang. Feeling a bit of Deja vu, he hesitated to get the door. Their family members all had keys so it wasn't them. Jihoon came with Wonwoo to the door, taking a peek outside. This time, it wasn't a crazy woman, there was a man dressed in a suit.

Jeonghan who had also heard the door came to take a look and also stopped. Both the time the crazy woman and the knocking in the dead of night still bothered him a little, so he first phoned Seungcheol. 

"There's a man at our front door, do you know him?"

On Seungcheol's end, he quickly connected to the cloud and accessed their camera. Looking at the man, he was about to say no that he didn't know the man and not to open the door, but some how he looked familiar.

"Give me a second, I think I've seen him before."

Rummaging through his brain, he thought of Jun. Just as he was about to ask Jun, he remembered. Isn't that the man from Seungkwan's file? The man rumored to be Seungkwan's father. How did he find his way here????

Relaying the information, he quickly packed up and headed home. 

Jeonghan told the younger two to stay behind him. Being the oldest in the house at this moment, he'll have to be brave and talk first. Opening the door slowly, he looked the man in the eyes and asked his purpose.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"I'm...Kim Jiseob, CEO and owner of Spring Corporations. I've come to meet someone." The man looked tired, despite his neat clothing, head drooping after his own introduction.

"I'm sorry, but you are going to have to wait until someone else arrives before we can talk."

--------------

Seungcheol arrived not long after, and they finally invited the man in.

Seungcheol sat across from him, the boys behind him backing him up. It looked very much like an interrogation full of intimidation. "So, mister Kim Jiseob."

"Yes." The man responded. He was sat stiffly in his seat, not avoiding eyes like the woman from before.

"Why are you here?"

"I'd like to meet Boo Seungkwan."

"What connection do you have with him?"

"He's...my adopted son." Who would have thought the unverified guess on the last page of Jun's files was true. "There is no record of him being your son anywhere. How are you going to prove it?" 

The man reached into his coat and pulled out some pictures.

Everyone turned to look at them laid out on the table. They were baby photos of Seungkwan, when he was still in hospital provided swaddling blankets.

"He was about to be adopted by me and my last wife. But he disappeared before we could finish the papers."

Seungkwan was registered to an orphanage while he was still in the hospital. He was a bit unhealthy at birth so he was still being cared for when the couple wanted to adopt him. They had visited almost every day, looking at their future child through the glass.