12. Date?

This is the Choi Family

The children were up, Wonwoo was up, Joshua was freshened up. Jihoon finished food preparation went to get the kids and was welcomed back with hugs and kisses all around. They were so excited for Jihoon to be back. When he went to get Mingyu, he was received with a different response. 

"Mingoo?" Jihoon asked carefully. "What's w-wrong?" 

He sat on the bed. Mingyu scooted closer. 

"Hyung...." 

Seungcheol who was looking for Jihoon stopped at the doorway. Mingyu grabbed Jihoon's sleeve tightly, head hanging low. 

"Hyung won't leave me right?" Seungcheol froze. He had thought he had understood the importance of Jihoon in the children's lives when he heard the day from Joshua, but once again he realized how fragile the children really were. They only have Jihoon. He watched as Jihoon pull Mingyu into a hug. 

"Hyung isn't going anywhere without you." Jihoon said without stuttering. Mingyu hugged Jihoon as close as he could. Without knowing it, tears had already slipped out of his eyes soaking Jihoon's shirt. 

"Hyung..." He said muffled by the clothe. 

"Hyung I love you. Don't leave me." Jihoon smoothed Mingyu's hair and patted his back. 

"Hyung loves you too. I'm not leaving." Seungcheol stepped back form the bonding brothers and returned downstairs. Joshua fought to keep the babies(Seungkwan, Hansol) from struggling out of their seats. 

"Find him?" Seungcheol nodded and helped him take care of one. 

"He's with Mingyu. They'll be down soon." Wonwoo proceeded to feed baby Chan. They waited for them to come down before beginning breakfast.

-------------

Everyone was situated in the living room when Seungcheol got a call. 

"Hello?" He picked up distracted. 

"Son, go to this place at this time. You're going on a date with Yoon Jeonghan." Once the name Yoon Jeonghan made its way through his ear, Seungcheol frowned, gathering the attention of Joshua, Wonwoo and Jihoon. 

"I'm busy." He grunted. He really didn't want to meet Jeonghan, he wanted to stay with Jihoon and the kids. 

"Too bad son. Today is a weekend, what you are doing is not important. You better be there." And the call was cut. Frustrated, Seungcheol pulled at his hair and threw his phone on the couch. 

"What's wrong Cheol?" Joshua asked, concern for his cousin written on his face. Seungcheol sighed and rubbed his face. 

"My dad wants me out to meet Yoon Jeonghan." Joshua frowned. 

"When?" 

"Today, in about an hour." Jihoon turned back to playing with Myungho. He didn't know what Seungcheol and Joshua were talking about but it seemed serious so he decided to stay out of it. Wonwoo also looked away although he was curious. Seungcheol groaned again and flopped on the couch. 

"How do I avoid this...." Looking at his friend's reaction, Seungcheol though of an idea.

"Joshua! Let's go together!" 

"What? It's you're date though?" Joshua didn't want to start something he knew wasn't going to end well. Jeonghan left him for a reason, he didn't want to pry. He didn't want to hurt again.

"Come on Josh, at least come say hi? See how he's doing? You don't to know why he left?" Joshua shook his head. 

"I'm fine with not knowing." Seungcheol sighed at his stubborn cousin. 

"Bruh, even if you don't want to know, I want to know. You're coming with me." Grabbing Joshua by the wrist, Seungcheol turned to Jihoon and Wonwoo. 

"Really sorry for leaving so soon but me and Josh have somethings to do in the afternoon." Wonwoo shook his head. 

"It's fine. It must be important, hurry on your way. We'll be fine." Jihoon nodded. Seungcheol hesitated for just a little more before determinedly striding to the door. 

"Kids, come say bye to Seungcheol hyung and Joshua hyung." Wonwoo called. All of them clamored into the hallway and waved. 

"Bye! Hyung bye!" Mingyu frowned. Seungcheol seemed to know what he thought and patted his head. 

"Bye Mingyu, I'll see you next weekend okay? If I can finish work early, I'll see you before then. Got it?" Mingyu's frown turned upside down and nodded. 

"I'll wait for you then, hyung! See you soon!" Waving one more time, Seungcheol and Joshua stepped out and Seungcheol drove them away. The children whined a bit at the doorway but soon were distracted by the toys again.

Seungcheol and Joshua made a pit stop at his house to change and wash up. 

"Come on Josh, dress up a little, isn't this the guy you love?" Joshua sighed as he looked himself in the mirror. 

"I don't think he would be happy seeing me again." Seungcheol chuckled and smacked his friend in the back. 

"If it turns out bad, at least look like you're doing fine without him." 

"Mm." 

Hoping back in the car, Seungcheol drove them to the meeting place. 

"The Petite Cafe? Is that that building over there?" Seungcheol pointed out the window. "I think so. Find a spot to park." 

Parking by a tree, the arrived at the cafe and gawked. Wasn't this place a little too....I don't know... pink? 

"The Petite Cafe. Yup. This is the place." Seungcheol nudged Joshua with his elbow. "Does your man have a thing for pink?" Joshua shook his head. 

"As far as I know, his favorite color is blue and black." Entering the shop, Seungcheol scanned the cafe. 

"You see any Yoon Jeonghan?" Joshua turned to have a look. As soon as he began searching, his eyes landed on the familiar figure of Yoon Jeonghan in a booth. 

"Yoon Jeonghan." He said a bit breathy. Seungcheol followed his gazed and spotted the long haired male. 

"Ah." Grabbing Joshua by the arm, he power walked over to Jeonghan. "Wa-wai-wait!" Joshua struggled in his grip.

"Yoon Jeonghan-ssi?" He called. The long haired male turned at his name. "Yes?" Seungcheol shoved Joshua into the booth sitting down blocking Joshua's only escape route. 

"I'm Choi Seungcheol and this is my bud Hong Joshua. I know you two know each other and there is some talking that needs to be done. Chop chop now, Joshua. Catch you two later." As soon as he sat down he stood back up and took a seat at a further table leaving Joshua with Jeonghan alone. Fighting, Joshua. Seungcheol cheered mentally. 

Joshua sat there, across from Jeonghan. He looked straight at him but he was avoiding his eyes. Looking at the way Jeonghan dressed, he really was trying to grab Seungcheol's attention. If only it was for Joshua. He scoffed in his heart, hating the way Jeonghan dressed. Glancing at his complexion, he seemed to have lived well while they were apart. 

"Jeonghan," Joshua broke the silence first, "how, have you been?" Jeonghan finally lifted his head and caught his stare. 

"I... I've been well... Joshua." 

Maintaining the staring, Joshua had many questions he wanted to ask, but he was afraid of the answers. What have you been doing? Did you have a hard time? What are you doing now? How are you? When were you going to tell me? Were you ever going to tell me? Why... did you leave without a word...? 

"So you're staying in Seoul now?" 

A fake smile. 

"Ah, yes. My parents decided to stay in Seoul for a while." 

"That's good." Jeonghan looked down at his hands in his lap. Joshua continued to study him. Sitting in silence, Jeonghan couldn't take it anymore. 

"You're... not going to yell?" Joshua shrugged. Playing with the napkin stand on the side, he threaded his fingers through the sheets. 

"Why would I yell?" 

"You're not angry?" Joshua sighed. "What if I'm angry?" 

He removed his hands from the napkins and placed them in front of him on the table. When Jeonghan met his eyes, he only saw anguish and confusion. That he caused. 

"I'm sorry, Joshua." Joshua shook his head. That wasn't what he wanted to hear. 

"Do you still, love me?" 

Jeonghan froze. Did he love him? Closing his eyes, not wanting to look at Joshua anymore, he leaned away from the table. 

"I can't answer you." Joshua nodded. "Do you love someone else?" 

Jeonghan quickly shook his head no. He hasn't had someone else since he left Joshua. He didn't know why he answered truthfully, immediately regretting it. Joshua sighed and stood up. Jeonghan was stunned but quickly stood up after him. 

"Joshua?" Joshua smiled a sinister smile. Plan B with a twist.

"Jeonghan," he straightened his coat, " as long as you don't have anyone else you love, as long as you're 'future partner' is Seungcheol, I'm not going away. I'm going to follow you around, bother you, stalk you, until you love me again." 

Jeonghan was beyond confused. 

"But I'm going to marry Seungcheol! Why are you doing this?" Joshua scoffed. 

"Cheol is my cousin and best friend. If he tells me he's going to do everything he can to stop the marriage, I'm going to believe him." 

Stepping closer until they were only centimeters apart, Joshua touched Jeonghan's long hair. 

"I'm doing this because," he leaned closer to his ear, "I.Still.Love.You." 

Leaning back to admire the flush he brought to Jeonghan's face, he smiled once more innocently before turning to leave. 

"Cheol! Let's go." Seungcheol who was watching them quietly quickly bounded towards Joshua and grabbed him in a bro hug. 

"Oh! Jeonghan, right? Remember to keep this off the records with your dad. You don't want me to complain to mine now would you? Toodles!" 

Walking out the door, Seungcheol quickly checked on Joshua. "You good?" Joshua nodded. 

"I've been fine, I'll be fine." He walked off first, heading straight for the car. Seungcheol stood still on the sidewalk, looking at the back of his best friend. That scene in the cafe was like a shot from a drama, a side Seungcheol didn't know Joshua had, the whole smoothing hair, smirking and leaving thing. 

"You're really cool, Josh." Smiling, Seungcheol quickly went after his friend.