63. Check up, check in

This is the Choi Family

The situation had settled in, Seungcheol began organizing his moves, Jun was still no where to be seen. That meeting with his shareholders and father was postponed by his father. Seeing his father make a move made Seungcheol even more suspicious of him, but he was in no position to investigate the matter at this moment. The children have all had their check ups, Jihoon who had woken not long ago was scheduled the visit later today. They were still waiting on Wonwoo who was still sleeping, but no longer in a medically induced coma. Regarding Jun's situation, he had tried everything, but Myungho just wasn't his nephew. At least he hadn't pushed the idea onto the poor kid yet. Myungho wasn't a talkative child, but it was becoming obvious that he was missing someone's constant presence in his recent days. 

The other kids were free to be discharged, but Jihoon won't be out until the next week, so Seungcheol decided to enlist Joshua and Hoshi's help to monitor the kids at his own home for the time being. The kids didn't want to leave without seeing Jihoon, so they reluctantly let the kids see Jihoon when he was sleeping before whisking them away. The police had came not long ago, asking for them to retrieve their items that they lost in the accident. Jihoon was awake enough to recognize their belongings in the pictures spread before him. The items were brought in immediately; Seungcheol sorted the children's undamaged items and made a list of replacements to buy later. Jihoon didn't seem very bothered with some missing items of his own, but he was very concerned about Wonwoo's stuff. Although he can remember everything in his own and the children's bags since he was the one who packed them, he didn't know what was in Wonwoo's bag. Internally he knew he couldn't do much except wait for Wonwoo to wake up and tell him that everything is okay. 

The one item of Wonwoo's which had been recovered was a binder and his phone. Jihoon immediately recognized the worn out blue binder, snatching it out of Seungcheol's hands the moment he laid his eyes on it, refusing to let go of it whenever he asked for it. As for the phone, the screen was completely wrecked with spiderweb cracks across the whole thing. Even Jihoon didn't know the password to Wonwoo's phone so he didn't need to worry. 

When it was time for Jihoon to get his check up, he was forced to leave the binder behind, Seungcheol promising not to look at it, convincing him with the fact that he was going to be with Jihoon throughout the checking procedure. With that, they got his blood work done,  his x-rays done, ECG, lipids, everything and anything needed to update his clinical history. Since he had autism, they ran some extra tests and scans to check for anything new. 

------------

Hoshi was returning to the hospital with a change of clothes for Seungcheol who had been staying by Jihoon and Wonwoo's side the whole time. 

Parking his car, he sent one more message to Woozi, hoping for some kind of response in these dark times, but there was not a single read symbol ever since the last time they chatted. Sighing as he got out, he quickly entered the hospital to escape the cold. Peeking into the room after knocking, there was only Wonwoo laying in his bed, Jihoon and Seungcheol were out. Ah, that's right, they are out getting Jihoon's medical history updated. Setting the clothes down on Jihoon's bed, something blue caught his eye. Pulling it out from under the blanket, he can tell it's been through some times. Out of curiosity, he opened the folder. "This-!!!!"

------------

Drifting in the darkness, Wonwoo didn't know where he was or what he was doing. Occasionally, he could hear Seungcheol talking to either Hoshi or Joshua, but even if he heard what they were saying, he couldn't remember what it was after a while. Staying in the darkness for so long, he wondered if he was dead or just in deep sleep. You know, like those lucid dreams. But he wasn't dreaming, or at least he didn't think he was dreaming. 

"When will you wake up?" Someone said nearby. "I have so many questions that I want answers to." The voice continued. "I'll talk to you when you wake up." The person must of left after those words. He was left in silence once more. Although he couldn't voice his own thoughts, he was beginning to feel scared, the idea of being alone bringing waves of fear he didn't know upon him. 

From the outside, Seungcheol who had returned with Jihoon, heard the beeping of Wonwoo's heart rate monitor increase in tempo. "Wonwoo?" He called out. A twitch of his brow and a clench of his hand, Wonwoo was definitely waking up. "Doctor! Jihoon stay next to Wonwoo for me. I need to get the doctor!!" Shoving the still dazed Jihoon onto the seat next to Wonwoo's bed, Seungcheol smashed the help button before rushing out to hunt down a doctor himself. 

Jihoon clutched the blue binder to his chest with one hand, the other hand was carding through his friend's hair. "Wonwoo hyung... wake up." He said quietly. The crinkle of the binder's paper was heard, the binder being crushed to Jihoon's chest. Jihoon's trailed down Wonwoo's face down to his cheek, his thumb brushing the healing cut before going for his hand. Holding his hand tightly, he called out to him once more. "Wake up, hyung. We still have so much to do." Nobody was here to witness it, but Jihoon did not stutter once.

Seungcheol slammed the door open, dragging a doctor by the sleeve to Jihoon's side. "He moved his hand! He has to be waking up!" He yelled at the doctor. The doctor flinched at Seungcheol's voice but quickly moved towards the patient out of fear. Looking at the charts and the monitor, he checked all the vitals and stepped back. "Yes, he is coming to." They waiting a couple more seconds until finally, Wonwoo groaned.

Jihoon squeezed his hand tighter, watching intently at Wonwoo's furrowed eyebrows. His eyes slowly opened. Opening and closing lazily, he blinked to get use to the light above him. Next to him, he immediately recognized the one face he saw most often. "Jihoon..."

With the sound of his whispered words, Seungcheol cheered and danced about in utter joy. "Thank you! Thank you so much!!!" He grabbed the doctor's hands and shook them erratically up and down. "Wonwoo! Wonwoo-yah! Look at me buddy, do you recognize us? Do you recognize me?!!" He said as he rushed closer to Wonwoo's side. "Shut up you loud baby... I do recognize you Seungcheol hyung..." Wonwoo whispered after a long pause. The doctor once again got closer to finish up his standard check up, asking all the questions and answering some.

"With this, he'll be monitored for around a week before he can be discharged. He still shouldn't be doing anything strenuous, and he may or may not need some therapy but I'll leave you to it." The doctor left after dropping some warnings and the two were all crowded into Wonwoo's space again. "Hyung!" Jihoon called out once more. Wonwoo now noticed the folder clutched in Jihoon's arm and his eyes widened a fraction. Seungcheol caught the look before speaking up. "Ah, the police came with all the stuff found at the site and cleared them for return so Jihoon helped point out all the things that belonged to you all. If anything is missing, I'll go ask for them back." Wonwoo nodded in understanding, the drowsiness slowing down his thought process. "Ah..my phone..." he finally remembered. Jihoon pressed his cracked phone into his hand. Slowly bringing the phone up closer to see, the home screen did not show when he pressed the power button. Again, Seungcheol spoke up. "I charged it overnight but it still didn't react, I plan to replace it for you, is that okay?" Wonwoo only nodded once more before sleepiness took over once more. Seungcheol spotting his drooping eyelids, pulled the blanket higher for him before taking the phone out of his hand. "It's okay now, you can go to sleep. Me and Jihoon will be here when you wake up later. Promise." That sounded nice. He wasn't going to be alone anymore. He was never alone after joining Jihoon's family. That's right. No more lonely.