43. Two things at once

This is the Choi Family

Seungcheol was busy looking for a new place to house the kids while Joshua and Hoshi had their hands full playing with the children. Just then, a phone call from Jun came. "Hey brooo, what's up?" Seungcheol's tired brain supplied. Jun chuckled on the other end, fully aware of why he was so tired. "It can't be that hard for a rich kid like you to find a nice place for them." Seungcheol dropped his head onto the desk, squishing the phone between the desk and his cheek. "I only want the best for them...." He sighed, closing his tired eyes for a moment. There was a scoff and a exaggerated sigh from Jun. His friend is whipped for the kids and nothing is ever going to be good enough. "And so? What did you call for?" Seungcheol sat back up waiting for a response. "I've found enough information about the Yoon family to break the contract. You up for listening?" 

So from what Jun discovered last time, there was the basic dirt like tax evasion, a little bribery here and there. This time, it involves large officials in the law department and fabrication of evidence. It seems father Yoon had done something illegal and had someone take the blame for it. Jun didn't go into detail in case he was boring Seungcheol but the gist of it was gang related murder. Bringing all the tiny specks in their past, it was enough to ruin their future moving forward. 

"So how do you want to use this information?" Jun asked. Seungcheol needs a plan to break the engagement. "For now, I think the usual rumors here and there. Once that escalates, give evidence to the police. I need to make it look like I wasn't the one purposely digging up their stuff to break an engagement." If it happened too fast and the police couldn't keep up, the Yoon family could trace it back to him. "I think that once it gets to the public and my parents have seen it or I've hinted at it it would naturally fall through." Jun hummed in acknowledgement. "I don't know if you should tell Joshua, since he is somewhat related." Seungcheol frowned at that, forgetting that Joshua was also in on this. "I'll tell him whats going on. But I think the process won't change." 

"Got it. I'll start on it then. Be careful, bro."

"Yea, I will."

They ended the call and Seungcheol headed for the living room, finally leaving his cave for the first time in a long time. "Joshua?" He called out. Checking the time, it was late at night and the house was quiet. Taking a look around, he saw the children all bunched up together sleeping. Internally cooing at them, he snapped a few pics before heading for Joshua's bedroom. Opening the door slowly in case his cousin was sleeping, he peeked his head inside. Just as he expected, Joshua was still up, reading a book in bed. "Hey, " he called out in a whisper. Joshua saw him out the corner of his eye and ushered him over. Finally seated next to each other, Seungcheol breathed out a long sigh. He pulled himself together and planned out his thoughts. Joshua sat patiently knowing Seungcheol was going to talk about something serious. 

"Jun called me just now and he told me some stuff about the Yoon family." Laying out everything he spoke with Jun to him, he went down to the last detail. Joshua silently listened, no expression on his face. Seungcheol was worried for his dear cousin but he knew there was an internal fight in him. "I just wanted to let you know so you could think about what you want to do moving forward." Joshua scrubbed his face and straightened the blanket on his lap. He wasn't sure about what he wanted either. "I know you still love Jeonghan. Do you still want to try?" Seungcheol suggested. Joshua turned away at his feelings laid out so openly. "I...I was a jerk the moment I met up with him. Then the second time or which ever it was I told him I'd leave him be. He must think I must be crazy for reaching out for him again." He sighed, regretting his past approaches. If only he could have planned ahead instead of entrusting it to his no filter brain. Seungcheol hummed next to him, trying to understand his plight. Joshua stayed quiet for a little more to gather his thoughts. "Is... it okay for me to tell Jeonghan about this?" Seungcheol shrugged at that. "Do you trust him enough? If I can't go through with this plan I'm going to need something else to break the engagement. It doesn't matter to me though. I can always find a way." Seungcheol reassured. Joshua nodded in appreciation.

"I'm going to tell Jeonghan. I trust him. He didn't seem to want the engagement either, maybe he is just as trapped as you. I...I just hope there is enough lingering attachment left in him for me to keep it from his father." Joshua said, resolutely. He clenched his fist, which Seungcheol immediately covered with his slightly bigger hand. "Don't think too hard, man. Go with your heart." Giving his cousin one more clap to the shoulder he got up to leave. "Hey, I'm going to bed. You should sleep soon as well. Good night cousin, I love you." Joshua nodded and gave a faint smile. "Same cousin. I love you too and good night."