120. Everything is revealed now pt.2

This is the Choi Family

"On to the topic of your cousin though, do you know anything about why she suddenly showed up at my doorstep looking for Seungkwan?" 

"That's..." She took a second to collect her thoughts. "I think I should explain about my family a bit more.

According to my late father, he had eloped with my mother."

What a bombshell. Well, not really. Is there anything to surprised about anymore?

"My mother had left her family in order to escape debt, which is something mother-in-law had eventually found out and hated me more for."

"That wasn't your mother's debt anyway, it was her parent's debt, their debt wasn't for your mother or you to deal with. You shouldn't have been treated like that by my mother." Jiseob interrupted.

"I know how you feel, but it's just a story to me, I'm fine now." Yooyoung comforted.

"My mother and her family have been separate for a long time, but not long ago, she reconnected with her sister. That's how I got to know my cousin, the one who was suppose to meet up with me at the hospital. I had thought their relationship was pretty nice, seeing as how they got along.

Only until I heard about my cousin looking for Seungkwan did I learn of what exactly went down. The debt that was incurred by my grandparents was passed down to my aunt the day they passed away. My aunt didn't have the money, her husband didn't make a lot either. Taking this long to pay back the debt, the interest wouldn't be little.

The entire reunion with my mother was staged. My aunt had known that I married well somehow, and had approached my mother and had her daughter become close to me.

I was already out of the country when I learned of everything, so I had no power to prevent anything. I could only reach out to Jiseob-ssi to look after Seungkwan in my stead. 

I'm sorry for everything my family has done."

Seungcheol shook his head. "Those people can't even be called family." Jun elbowed him in the rib, warning him not to say anymore. Some people might take offense to his words, it's best to think before you speak,

"S-sorry." He apologized while rubbing his side.

Yooyoung wave her hands gesturing that she didn't mind. 

Jun coughed into his fist and asked another question. "So this means the debt still hasn't been paid off? Does this mean they will continue to go after Seungkwan?" 

"I believe so. But I do not know why my cousin didn't show up between the first few times she approached the orphanage until now."

Jun gave it some thought before sending more instructions back to his secretary to find more information.

"Something must have tided the debt for sometime. I'll find out more soon."

It was silent at the table for a while, the large amount of information settling in. Kim Jiseob broke the silence first.

"....will you, be staying?" He asked Yooyoung. She had come back to make sure Seungkwan was well, but it seems the situation at hand seems to spell otherwise for the future.

"I wasn't planning to..." She said slowly while looking at Jiseob's expression. "...but I could stay a little longer." His face lit up.

"Hey hey, you're still a married man with a reputation at stake, you know what you are doing?" Seungcheol warned.

Hearing that Yooyoung blushed. "No! That's not what I mean, I would like to stay and see things through with my cousin!"

Jiseob only chuckled. "I'm a lot more low-profile than you think." He said with a wink.

With what confidence?! Jun wanted to scream. But since he was the collected character, he couldn't any held back any sarcastic remarks.

"Oh, so you want to solve the problem with your cousin?"

"Y-yes? Ah! Yes!"

"Then let's set up another meeting when I've gotten enough information." Jun organized. "Since you plan on lending a hand, let's get along."

A few handshakes later, they parted ways.

---------------

Jihoon tugged Wonwoo into his room, throwing his headphone in his direction.

"Whoa, what's the rush? I'll listen, I'll listen." Wonwoo said with a little amusement. Putting the headphone on, he nodded to let Jihoon press play.

A catchy EDM tune played though them, causing a smile to form on Wonwoo's lips.

"I see you've made another great song. Have you decided on the theme for your lyrics yet?"

Jihoon thought for a while, before shaking his head.

"Maybe a flash of inspiration will hit you soon. But before that, don't you think you've been working for too long?" Wonwoo asked. Seeing as how Jihoon had basically completed this piece, he assumed he stayed up without telling anyone.

But Jihoon shook his head. "I'm... okay."

"Either way, come with me. Let's go play with our brothers and have a good break."

Seungcheol and Jun had arrived home just earlier and were being toyed with by the kids, who have climbed all over them.

"Oh, Jihoon. How it do?" Jun asked, an arm sticking out from a dogpile of kids.

"Okay." Jihoon responded. Seeing as how the kids were having fun, they were bound to get hungry so he was about to head to the kitchen when Wonwoo ushered him into the living room. "Why don't you discuss music with our boss? I'll go get their snacks."

With that, Jihoon plucked each child off of Seungcheol and helped them onto Jun instead, a groan escaping the man below. "You all are lucky that you're young and tiny. If you grow any bigger, I wouldn't let you guys sit on me."

"Is that an invitation?" Mingyu who had held back from crushing others with his own weight took a step forward. 

"...have mercy."

Seungcheol who was freed with the help of Jihoon laughed at his friend's predicament. 

Tugging Seungcheol away by the sleeve, Seungcheol followed obediently to Jihoon's room and was made to listen to the same song he showed Wonwoo. 

"Oh wow, do you always make instrumentals before lyrics?"

"No, not always."

Recently, Jihoon has been speaking more, which has resulted in less stuttering. Only when he got uncomfortable did the stuttering become more apparent. Seungcheol was really happy for this change. He planned to bring this up with their doctor soon.

"So there are times where you come up with a theme before creating the accompanying song?"

"Mhm. Sometimes one comes faster than the other."

Hearing a clean long sentence, a grin grew on Seungcheol's face. "So you're going to think of lyrics? Found a theme?"

Jihoon shook his head, responding just like he did with Wonwoo.

"I love reminiscing when thinking about lyrics. ...That's why my own music is all dark- AHEM!" Seungcheol said, embarassed at his own track record.

"How do you usually brainstorm?" He asked, changing the subject to Jihoon.

"I just...I don't know." He usually comes up with things on the spot, not too much planning happens before writing something. 

"Well either way, I'm so happy that I'm listening to Woozi's next song before it's even complete, I feel so privileged. When you are ready, we can talk more in detail about promotions."

Ruffling Jihoon's hair, Seungcheol continued to praise him.

"Yaaa~ how well you've grown up~"