54. Suspicion; a helping hand

This is the Choi Family

Jeonghan was monitoring his father's movements, telling Seungcheol whenever something he thought was important happened. Seungcheol appreciated the updates, but he worried slightly for his well being. It wouldn't ideal if Jeonghan were to be found out by his own father this deep into the plan. Typing a 'be careful' to Jeonghan, he focused back on the situation at hand. His father has been bothering him with emails, text messages, phone calls, everything to take up his time so he couldn't contact the children. 

Under the threat of his company's safety, he had no choice but to follow through his every demand. Shuffling the business deals he was told to read through, he mindlessly signed away at the ones his secretary deemed safe. All this work for a company he wasn't even sitting in. He would have liked to be in the cozy home of the kiddos, rolling around with the young'uns and watching Jihoon and Wonwoo work in tandem. Let's speed through the rest of this and call it a day. Setting to work with slightly more energy, he finished the deals and moved onto organizing meetings that he needed to attend, skipping the ones that were recommended. Sending a final email to his dad telling him that he was dead tired and just needed a break, he shut off all the devices that his father could reach him with and left the office. Feeling a little too tired to drive himself, he went over to Hoshi's studio.

Peeking his head into the practice room next door, Hoshi was busy choreographing as he expected. Since his solo debut, he'd been busy preparing the next hit and his label mate's performance. Although he himself is an idol, he still works his paid job of being the company's head choreographer. Running through the dance he prepared for his label mates one more time, Seungcheol waited for him to finish before he announced his presence. 

"Oh hyung! How long you been there?" Hoshi asked, he'd only noticed when Seungcheol was right next to him. Seungcheol slapped a hand over his shoulder as if to say 'good work' and hummed nonchalantly. "How long have you been dancing here?" Seungcheol hasn't seen Hoshi around much ever since his promotion period was over. Seungcheol too busy moving the kids and managing his company and his father's while he was away. Both being busy, they just didn't have time to hang out recently. "Just a couple hours." Seeing his tired friend, he ushered him to clean up and get out. "Drive me to the kiddies place, I'm too tired to drive." Seungcheol whined with a pout. Hoshi sighed but chuckled at his best friend's antics. "And you think I'm not tired?"

Seungcheol caught Hoshi up with all the things going on; his working like a dog for his dad, the kids doing well in their new home, Jun's discovery of his nephew Myungho. "Wait, so he was under our nose the whole time? Fate is such a fascinating thing." He went into detail on the topic, talking about Jun's efforts and everything it costed him. "The only thing left is wondering why a section of Myungho's profile was omitted. It must of been important enough to be put on the document, but since it was a paper copy with no electronic dating, Jun couldn't find anything." Hoshi also found it suspicious, but brushed it off. He should just be happy for his friend and celebrate with them. "No favoritism with the kiddos Seungcheol hyung. They are all equally your brother, understood?" He jokingly nudged Seungcheol. "Of course you mongrel, I'm better than you who picks favorites when teaching the trainees."

Reaching their destination, they saw another car parked on the driveway. "It looks like Jun is already here." Mused Hoshi. He must be catching up on all the love he couldn't give. Seungcheol shook his head fondly, his buddy hasn't left Myungho alone in a while. "Let's go in."

Inside was as expected, Jun following Myungho's every movement. He snapped pictures whenever Myungho so much as moved an inch, even if he was just wobbling off balance on his seat. What they didn't expect was for Joshua to be sitting on the couch with Mingyu napping on his chest. "Hey Shua, when did you get here?" Joshua made a shush motion before answering in a hushed voice. "Jun came by my cafe and invited me along. He didn't want to be the only adult with all the children." Rubbing a hand down Mingyu's back, he wrapped the blanket around his back a little tighter. "This little fellow caught a cold from his classmate. He's been sniffling the whole time he was awake." Upon asked of the whereabouts of Jihoon and Wonwoo, he told them they were giving the others a bath, keeping them clean and away from Mingyu's germs. Even if Mingyu keeps everyone else's hygiene up, he doesn't do much better himself, and getting messy with his classmates was inevitable.

"Poor kid only fell asleep an hour ago, after Joshua offered him cuddles." Jun commented, proving that he wasn't completely enraptured by cute Myungho piling blocks upon blocks and knocking them down. Seungcheol shot him a look of shock, surprised that he was still aware of his surroundings. "Junnie, don't just watch Myungho, watch the others too so that we can take off some burden on Jihoonie." Seungcheol sighed. Leaving Joshua and Jun with their respective kid, he headed for the bathroom. Passing some of the kid's room he peeked his head in to greet Wonwoo who was dressing and drying the children's hair before moving to see Jihoon. He must of finished the older kids first as Hansol and Chan were the only ones not with Wonwoo. Knocking on the door in greeting, Jihoon's eyes shot straight at his face before quickly turning back to the task at hand. "H-hello h-hyung." 

"Hello Jihoonie, hello Hansol~." Stepping in the bathroom towards the baby basket on the side, he wiggled his fingers at baby Chan. "And hello baby~." Hansol giggled and slapped his hands in the water, eyes sparkling as they watched Seungcheol make funny faces over Jihoon's shoulder. "H-hans-sol-ah, Chwe H-hansol!" Jihoon reprimanded the happy toddler, trying to finish up his bath. Pouring water carefully over his head, he wiped the stray droplets from Hansol's eyes before lifting him out of the basin. Seungcheol took the top towel and helped wrap Hansol up. Jihoon motioned for him to hand him over to Wonwoo and he did as he was told. Jihoon set to work with baby Chan, being more careful and using a smaller basin. After watching Jihoon a little more, he moved to Wonwoo and co.'s room. "let's get you dried and dressed babe."

-------------

Hello everyone~!

Starting from now on until probably December, chapters will be coming out around this time on Fridays. University schedule is finally settling down so things could be more routine :D

Thanks for follow the story up until now, I appreciate all the attention you spend on this.

BlueMoonStone