79. Results

This is the Choi Family

Wonwoo turned off their morning alarm since they stayed up and it was the weekend so they didn't get out of bed until much later. By then, the kids were up and playing with the morning people, Joshua and Jun. Seeing that the kids were okay, Jihoon let it slide and went to make lunch. 

"Do we tell Wonwoo or not?" Whispered Jun to Joshua. Joshua shrugged. "Our big decision maker Seungcheol is still asleep so I don't know."

"Well, if we tell him then he might agree or disagree. If he disagrees then he would stop us."

"On the other hand if we don't tell him, he might stop the fight for Jihoon." They debated. "Aaahh, it's so hard to predict human decisions!"

"What are you two doing?" Wonwoo's voice came from behind the two huddled on the couch.

"Hm?! Nothing!" Jun answered a little loudly. "It's really not important. Does Jihoon need help in the kitchen?" Joshua diverted Wonwoo's attention. 

"No, he's fine in there. It is almost ready though so lets get the kids in their seats."

----------- Afternoon

Seungcheol was up for lunch and was finally awake by the afternoon, while Jeonghan has finished his work for today and they could finally begin. Joshua couldn't find the right timing to  start "arguing" and were getting antsy. 

"It's not that hard to start arguing, just let me start." Jeonghan complained. Joshua swatted at Jeonghan's arm in retaliation. "You think it's easy to cause a scene?!" 

Jeonghan sensed new eyes on them and decided to roll. "Joshua, you're always nagging at me, do you still think you can control me?"

Joshua was about to feel hurt when he noticed Jeonghan's darting eyes and also saw Jihoon in the room. 

"I'm not controlling! I just want you to do better!" 

Just then Wonwoo walked in. The final boss appeared! Resounded in both their heads. Seungcheol who was peeking from around the corner was signaled and deployed.

He snatched Wonwoo by the arm and began chattering about everything and anything, dragging him away. Jihoon remained in the room, slowly putting things away. He didn't seem to notice. They needed to think of a topic quick.

"Jeonghan, do you remember back in LA?" Joshua blurted out. "We spent so much time together. We had so many memories together, how could you leave me?"

He needed some real facts to make it seem realistic. He signalled Jeonghan that he wasn't upset over this anymore and Jeonghan nodded signalling that he understood, but Jeonghan also felt that Joshua had every right to be angry at him.

"I left because I had to. I didn't love you anymore. I didn't need you anymore."

"You're lying!" They continued to have a conversation with their eyes, apologizing to each other silently while their mouths attacked each other.

"I'm not lying! You were too clingy and self centered, I couldn't handle the suffocating relationship and ran away."

"That's not true, we were truly in love. You should have told me." They turned the topic off reality's path once they got comfortable. They were in a heated argument when they finally decided to take a peek at Jihoon's reaction. Would he react like they expected him to?

Jihoon was crouched on the floor not moving at all. His hands stopped putting the toys away, his eyes a far away look. Joshua wasn't sure if this was the proper reaction, it seemed like they did have an impact since they weren't entirely ignored.

".....Jihoon?" Jeonghan called out. They both decided to stop the play right there. "Jihoon, are you okay?" Jihoon did not respond. Instead his body shivered violently.

-------------

You look like that self-centered bastard that left us. Don't look at me! Don't look at me, don't talk to me, don't be near me!!

"Jihoon?"

Hah, the more you grow the more you resemble him. He didn't love me. Just like I don't love you.

"Jihoon, are you okay?"

Why did he leave me?! I gave him everything! I even stopped going to work for him! All he wanted was an obedient little girl locked in his house like a treasure and I DID!!!! Why?!!! How could he do something like that to me??!!!!

"Something's wrong, his breathing is picking up. Seungcheol!!!"

You were better off dead. It's because of you that he left me. It's because of you that he doesn't love me anymore. I don't need you. You didn't make him stay. I shouldn't have gambled using you. You're my unlucky star.

"Jihoon, look at me. It was a fake argument. Joshua and Jeonghan aren't really fighting. They are very close friends."

I'm going to take out the trash. You can't be here leeching off of me anymore. COME HERE.

STOP CRYING. I DON"T CARE. YOU'RE TOO LOUD.

Hold this and don't move. Don't even say a word.

"Jihoon!" Wonwoo was shaking him by the shoulders. While Jihoon was stuck in his head, the others all came over to try to pull him out. Jihoon was crying and shaking but his eyes were still looking somewhere not here. "What should we do?!" Wonwoo was getting mad. Seungcheol told him what they were doing and he wasn't very thrilled, but if the doctor said to do so then he wouldn't get in the way. He doesn't know much about Jihoon's history, but he does know that harsh words could affect Jihoon badly. He just didn't know how badly.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" Jihoon screamed. He finally began to move. Hands frantically his shirt, he huddled into a ball, squishing himself against the wall. 

"Jihoon? What's wrong? Please talk to me!!" Wonwoo called to him desparately.

"Nonononononononono. Don't! No, D-don't...." 

Jun looked at this from the outside. This could be the self destructive result that they wish that didn't happen. "He's self destructing. We should restrain him." The others looked at him in shock. They caught up to his thinking, but they didn't want to believe it either. "Restrain?! You can't do that to Jihoon!" Wonwoo rejected the idea. The others didn't want to either but it was the only way to stop Jihoon from hurting himself once he gets violent. Seungcheol stopped the others with a hand. "Wait."

"Jihoon, please, tell me what's happening!" He tried to pull Jihoon's hand away. He wanted to hold his hand just the way he usually did when comforting Jihoon but his hand was too tightly clenched. 

Jihoon could feel others around him and he could faintly hear Wonwoo calling for him, but he was too scared to move or speak. 

"Jihoon..." Seungcheol moved closer. Wonwoo squatted with his arms open defensively before Jihoon. "You won't lay a finger on Jihoon!"  

"...I won't. I'm just going to hug him, is that alright?" Seungcheol asked softly. They couldn't do anything, they couldn't make Jihoon hear, nor could they move him. He didn't want to restrain him either. Approaching slowly, he wrapped one of Jihoon's smaller hands with his bigger one. "Jihoon, it's me Seungcheol. I'm going to hug you now is that okay?" Jihoon didn't respond.

"It's okay. Everything is okay now." He wrapped his arms around Jihoon slowly, shifting Jihoon away from the wall and onto his lap. Squeezing with a little strength, he tried his popular bear hug. He began whispered softly, to calm the frantic boy in his arms.

"You're okay now, the kids are in the other room napping. They are very cute. Did you see Mingyu his thumb? He's already so old, yet he's still like a baby. I wish they stay that cute forever." They looked for a reaction. Jihoon stopped shaking as much. Good. Talk more about the kids.

"You know, Chan has been calling our names properly? He can basically talk to us now. He is growing up so well. You've taught him well."

"I....did ....good?" Jihoon's quiet voice finally spoke. It was heartbreaking hearing his vulnerable tone. 

"Yes, you did very good. Channie, Seokminie, Mingoo, Seungkwanie, Myungho-yah and Hansolie are all doing so well because of you. They are all so lovely all thanks to you."

"I'm....good?"

"You are very good. You are the best. I wouldn't have asked for any other brother.  You are the best thing that has happened to all of our lives."

"....."

"We all love you very much. We don't like seeing you so upset. Look up for me."

Jihoon finally listened. Slowly looking up, he saw Wonwoo looking very distressed. "Won...woo- hyung..... okay?"

"I'm okay only if you are okay, Jihoonie." Wonwoo answered tearily. "....me?"

"You seem so sad and scared. I need to know if you are okay."

"I....my mom....."

The other's brains started whirring to life. If this was a traumatic reaction, it was outside of the three outcomes that they thought of.

"We are so sorry, Jihoon! We were just trying to test you with a skit to check your reaction. The doctor recommended this to us to access your situation but we didn't know it could bring up bad memories. We are so sorry." Joshua immediately sat down on his knees to apologize. He had to seem less intimidating and on their level. "Will you forgive us?" 

Jeonghan and Jun also sat down to be on the same level. Jihoon finally let one hand go, the hand Seungcheol wasn't holding and grabbed Wonwoo's hand. "I'm....okay." Taking that for an answer right now, they dispersed to give him more space to recover.

"You feeling better now?" Seungcheol asked, still holding Jihoon tightly. He could feel the tension leaving the body in his arms. He felt relieved that Jihoon was okay but upset and regretful for causing this. "I'm so sorry too. I shouldn't have gone through with this idea."

"Hmmm." Wonwoo fiddled with Jihoon's fingers like how Jihoon usually does to him when bored, and it was proving to be effective in mellowing Jihoon out. Jihoon's eyes were blinking slower and slower, signalling that he was getting sleepy. "Tired? You spent a lot of energy today. It's okay for you to take a nap too. We can clean up the house for you."

"Mmmm..." Jihoon slowly fell asleep to Seungcheol's quiet voice and warm embrace.