60. Let's get this straight

This is the Choi Family

Jun grabbed every nurse passing him, frantic to get information on Myungho's situation. 

"Please tell me what's going on in there," he pulled the nurse's sleeve, practically begging. "I heard they needed RH-AB!" The nurse was just as frustrated as he was from all the patients asking similar things and not so gently ripped her arm from his grasp. "I'm sorry sir, but I don't know anything either."

This continued for every nurse that passed between the OR and him, each one giving him the same answer, that they didn't know either. 

Finally, the light went from operating to finishing up. Jun shot out of his seat, eyes red from holding back his tears and paced back and forth waiting for news. A nurse came out and was pulling off his scrub hair net when Jun literally dropped on his knees in front of the man and grabbed his arms. "PLEASE! Tell me what happened in there!" The nurse was shocked but calmly helped Jun back up and seating him down on the bench again. "Everything is okay, are you Myungho's family?" Jun nodded frantically. The nurse understood his desperate pleas and explained everything.

"Myungho is a strong child. He had broken his collar bone and it was sticking down into his ribcage, threatening to poke a hole in his lungs. It was just a bone realignment and patching up the scrapes and cuts along his right side, otherwise he is fine." The operation was a success, there wasn't much risk factor as long as Myungho wasn't jostled too much when they moved him. "Thank you, thank you so much." Jun finally allowed himself to cry tears of relief, covering his face with his trembling hands. The nurse continued to tell him post-op information calming him down. "So he will be out in about 15 minutes and he will be moved to a normal room. All he needs after is absolute rest. He is a strong boy, you will be fine too."

With Jun calmed down a bit, he could think again, and something didn't add up. If the operation was to realign Myungho's bone, then they would have to open up the wound to do so. Just thinking about the amount of blood involved made him shiver. He couldn't help himself when he blurted, "I heard they needed RH-AB, was there enough for Myungho's surgery?" The nurse looked confused and Jun quickly ducked his head. "Ah, you must be busy, I've been taking up too much of your time." 

"Oh no, it's okay. I'm  just a little confused. You said RH-AB?" Jun nodded. The nurse thought for a moment more before speaking out his thoughts. "Um, since he was rushed in as soon as he arrived, the doctor in charge didn't have any of the patients information, not until a little later on." It made sense, if the situation called for it, sometimes the doctor had to make calls without prior knowledge of the patient. "Since Myungho's wound was right on his chest, we immediately got his blood work done, to start operating as fast as we can. Myungho's blood type came out to be type O." 

Myungho is not RH-AB. 

The nurse noticed his lack of concentration in his words but left him to his own devices as he was called away. "If you need more information you can contact the nurse station around the corner."

If he really thought about it, it would be weird for them to run out of blood for AB patients since AB can accept from A,B or O. The only difference between +AB and -AB is that -AB can take only -AB, -A, -B and -O while +AB can receive any blood type. Type O can only recieve from O and if it was -O then can only receive from -O. One occasion for needing RH-AB specifically is if a pregnant woman has the blood type; if the baby turns out to have type +AB, the antibodies produced to combat the RH group before could potentially hurt the baby. 

Myungho is not RH-AB.

Myungho is not his sister's child.

Who is Myungho and where is his nephew?

-------------

Joshua was left with the sleeping children, Hoshi was watching over Jihoon. Seungcheol waited patiently outside Wonwoo's OR. He had been trying to contact Wonwoo's parents but they haven't been picking up their phone. "Some parents these are, they don't even know their son is in the hosptial." He grumbled under his breath. He heard some disturbing things from the gossiping nurses nearby and it was beginning to get on his nerves. 

"Did you know? Chairwoman Jeon's son is in that operating room!"

"No way! Do they know?" 

"I heard that she knows but intentionally didn't come, instead going to investigate the situation."

"Wow, what a heartless woman."

"I think her actions are justified. He's still in the OR and all she's trying to do is get justice for her son."

"But if I were to get hurt, I'd prefer to have someone I know and someone who loves me to be here throughout the whole thing."

Seungcheol really wanted to slam his hands against the counter and give them a piece of his mind but he held back. He had no power either now that he wasn't the heir and his company is about to be taken from him. He should feel more sad about loosing his company, but he had become numb to everything his father does to him. Focusing back on the light above the OR, he continued to wait.

From earlier gossip, Wonwoo had terrible whiplash; severe concussion, perhaps fractured maybe even broken ribs from holding up his own weight and the passenger who fell on him's weight, he's been in the OR for a long time. Judging from the time it's taking, maybe he had some internal bleeding as well. He didn't know the exact details but Seungcheol knew Wonwoo was in the worst state than anyone else he knew. 

He was soon joined by Jun, who looked like a zombie. "What's wrong with you?" Seungcheol teased in his gruff voice. Jun looked terrible, and it was beginning to scare him a little. It took Jun a while before he finally spoke. 

"Myungho is okay. He's resting in Jihoon's room with Hoshi." Hearing the news, Seungcheol didn't understand why  Jun looked increasingly stressed. "Hey, you can tell me anything. Is there something wrong with Myungho?" Perhaps Myungho has some problems that will cause him trouble in the future? 

"Myungho... Myungho is not my Myungho. He isn't a Wen."

-------------

Finally, the cat is out of the bag! 

How do you like the turn of events? I have a question; do you all prefer I stick to one series of events instead of breaking the timeline up with the switching character chapters? I love that I have a chapter dedicated to each character's problems but I also feel like that way the story progresses too slowly. I also think my writing style speeds through situations and doesn't have enough details... such a dilemma. 

Anyway, 

Happy Birthday, Woozi darling~ <3 Our Jihoonie deserves only the best in everything~

BlueMoonStone