118. Happy New Year

This is the Choi Family

I realized I numbered the last chapter wrong :P

----------------

Since late night the fireworks and firecrackers exploded nearby. No matter how many times the government tells their citizens that it's illegal to have such things privately, people somehow get their hands on them every year.

This cute family let the kids stay up late as well, to welcome the new year. Some couldn't stay awake, while some were still very much were. 

"Have you guys heard this tradition? The longer you stay up on new years, the longer your parents live." Jun said in a know-it-all tone.

"Isn't that for Chinese new years only?" Joshua questioned. Jun coughed into his fist. He was hoping to trick the kids. "Mhm. But hey, I use to stay up whenever I had the chance. New year is still new year."

Seungcheol gave him a knock in the head. "Then I'm going straight to bed." He said in dark humor. If they really thought about it, everyone in this little family had parent problems. 

Jihoon wasn't paying attention to the conversation, just observing everyone in amusement. Mingyu was one of the little troopers that haven't gone to bed yet, stuffing himself with popcorn. They had finished a movie right before the clock struck twelve.

"Hyung, is there new years food?" he asked. "I want pancakes for breakfast!" 

"Of course!" Jun replied. "I'm the appointed chef for new years, I'll cook everything you ask for~!"

Jeonghan saw the hands of the clock near one and decided the little ones couldn't stay up anymore. "Come on, if you want to have fun this year, first you need to sleep well and stay healthy." Ushering the kids to clean and go to bed, the 'adults' cleaned up the place.

Wonwoo also dragged Jihoon to go to bed before returning to the living room.

"It's too bad that Jihoon is a year younger, but at least you can join us~" Hoshi said, handing Wonwoo a can of beer. They were going to drink and talk until sunrise, something this crew did almost every year. 

"Yea yea, how lucky that I'm 2 years older but only one grade above." Wonwoo said. Opening the can of beer, he took a small sip before putting it down. "Ick. I think this needs some getting use to."

"How is it? I specifically got this fruit beer for you." Hoshi said. He didn't know if Wonwoo had ever drank before but guessed that he probably didn't have the chance to with the kids around. 

"It's just bitter. Kinda like soda but much more bitter." 

Seungcheol took a look at the can and saw that it only had 3% alcohol. "Hm~ if that's bitter for you, it will be a long time before you can accept soju and the likes~ those are well over 12% alcohol~"

"Meh, I'm in no hurry to drink and I'm protecting my liver."

The older boys pulled out snacks and more powerful liquor for their little party. Seungcheol gave a toast. "We've worked hard this past year, let's hope for a better new year."

"Cheers~"

They drank and snacked, the tv became white noise to them as they talked about this and that.

"How about new years resolutions?" Joshua suggested. "Though I never go through with them. Mines are too farfetched."

"Probably doing my job better." Jun spoke first. "I had checked the kids backgrounds the day they joined your family, but there was still things that escaped my radar."

"Nobody blames you bro, you didn't know what to be looking for anyways." Seungcheol comforted. "Now you know so there is more you can do now right?" Jun nodded not feeling down about it. "And you, Hoshi? What do you want to accomplish this year?"

"Hmmmmm......" He thought hard. "How about another successful album? It would be great if our resident music god Woozi could help out~" He made wiggly brows at Wonwoo but Wonwoo turned away. 

"If it's music you'll have to ask Jihoonie first. I've been practicing composition and the likes but I can't compare to Jihoonie yet. I can't make decisions about music for us."

"Then your resolution is?" Hoshi prompted. 

"To maybe get a song out, all made by me. Approved by Jihoon."

"Yay~" Hoshi cheered. "I can't wait~"

"Maybe my resolution should also be about music." Suggested Seungcheol. "My job and our jobs being related to it."

"I want to get stronger." Jeonghan blurted out. "Physically?" Joshua asked. "Uh, both physically and mentally. I've been cooped up with my new job and haven't been moving around, I feel like I'm getting fatter. I think getting muscle will be my resolution."

"Good idea." Wonwoo said.

"Everyone sure has big plans~" Jun smiled. "Last! Joshua hyunggg~~~~~"

"Ew, don't do that." Joshua said, as he pushed Jun the octopus away. Jun reached for Joshua all clingy, his face a little red. He wasn't drunk yet, but well on the way.

"I don't know, got any ideas?" 

"Go work out with Jeonghan. You're also skinny as a stick." Jun said. 

"It's always better to exercise with a friend." Wonwoo supplied.

"If you guys say so." Joshua took a sip. "But hey, how did it come to this? Weren't we talking seriously about our jobs in the beginning?"

Wonwoo tried to crush the empty can in his hand. "Blame the alcohol."

"Hm? You drunk~? On 3% alcohol~?" Hoshi teased. "Look~ Your face is red~"

Wonwoo touched his own face. "It's been feeling a bit hot, I guess it's finally reached my cheeks." He barely had any drinking experience, the only time was when he became legal. He drank by himself, Jihoon watching him to be safe.

"Then cheers for the new year." Drinks clinked and fireworks exploded outside.

------------

Happy new year~!