70. What words do you want to hear?

This is the Choi Family

Hoshi was waiting outside when Wonwoo, Jihoon and Seungcheol were with the doctor. Just sitting by himself in a white hall is no fun, so he went on a walk, exploring the cafeteria and garden. On his way back, he saw Wonwoo and Jihoon out the window, Jihoon encased in Wonwoo's larger frame. Seeing that they seemed okay, he looked for the last one, Seungcheol. Arriving at the hallway, he caught Seungcheol exiting the office with a sheet of paper. "So? What did the doctor say?" Seungcheol shook his head. We were in there waiting for the doctor for awhile and when he did come in, Jihoon was unresponsive. Wonwoo took him outside so the doctor didn't get to do much." Handing the paper over, he continued. "He said the way Jihoonie acted might just be a fear of doctors, but that meant there must be more underlying things that may have lead to it. He gave me a list of things to do with Jihoonie as I am someone who is familiar."

"Hmmm, is that so." Hoshi hummed in understanding. "Ah, by the way I saw them out the window on my way back. Let's get back together with them and leave." Putting away the paper, Hoshi lead Seungcheol back to where he saw the two. And just the way Hoshi had left them, Wonwoo was still holding Jihoon, both not moving a muscle. "Wonwoo..?" Seungcheol called out. 

"Oh, hyung. I think I need a little help."

"What's up?" Seungcheol took a peek at Jihoon's face which was tucked into Wonwoo's neck. "Eh?"

"I think Jihoon fell asleep? I don't know...."

"He didn't faint or anything?" Hoshi asked, clearly confused at how this all happened. 

"No, I don't think so. He was just so distressed earlier so I took him out here. Before I could even ask if he was okay he pulled me close so I just held him."

"Yaaa~ Wonwoo's hugs are that comforting~?" Hoshi teased and looked for a follow up from Seungcheol. However Seungcheol was too concerned with Jihoon's well-being.  "Here, you need help right?" He pulled Jihoon back from Wonwoo gently to carry him but Jihoon had a death grip on Wonwoo's shirt. "...Are you strong enough to carry him back to the car?" 

"....Maybe we can turn my shirt around..." Wonwoo didn't have confidence in his arms but if its a piggyback he has much more muscle for that. Getting jumped on by Mingyu and the others came in handy, maybe. Jihoon just had to hold his shirt and not his jacket....

Seungcheol and Hoshi helped Wonwoo maneuver Jihoon onto his back and quickly made their way to the car. Jihoon slept like a log, his slow but long breaths comforted the others. Seungcheol drove them back home.

-----------------

"Please kids.... your Wonnie hyung and Hoonie hyung are almost home...." Joshua wheezed out. For some reason the kids had way too much energy. Was it what he fed them? Nah, there's no way applesauce and pineapple sausage kebabs could give them that amount energy. Is that a torn packet of M&M's on the floor...?

  Click! The door opened and Hoshi stepped in. The children were going to run him over but before that Hoshi cut them off. "Halt! This prince is here!" Putting on his most self-centered persona on, he rushed the kids off to 'build his kingdom' in the living room. A whirlwind of movement later, Joshua was left by the door in a daze. Snapping out of his reverie, he looked out the doorway and spotted Seungcheol helping Wonwoo carry Jihoon in. 

"What's going on?"

"Don't worry too much, he's just asleep. The doctor's office just wore him out." Seungcheol answered. Closing the door behind them, Joshua followed them all the way to Jihoon's room. Grabbing another shirt for Wonwoo off the counter, Seungcheol put Jihoon to lie comfortably in bed. Once Jihoon was settled and Wonwoo has another shirt on, they left the room with the door open. 

Seungcheol explained to Joshua just as he had Hoshi, that the doctor couldn't do much with that response. "You said not to worry earlier, but can I worry now? This might be more serious than we think."

"I think it is, but if this has been affecting Jihoon for so long, I want to help him."

"...Jihoon isn't just a kid. He's not an adult for sure, but he definitely has a say in this. We should discuss what we want to do going forward."

--------------

Leaving briefing Joshua to Seungcheol, Wonwoo went to the living room where Hoshi and the kids were. "Hyung!" Mingyu cheered the moment he spotted him. The growing boy launched himself into Wonwoo's arms, an 'oof!' escaping his lungs on impact. "Hello to you too, Mingoo."

"Where's Jihoonie hyung? Didn't he go with you somewhere?"

"Jihoonie is sleeping right now. The trip was very tiring." Turning towards Jihoon's open door, he wanted to check on him again, but decided against it. Mingyu seemed to understand his mood and sat down next to him on the couch. "I guess we should be quiet then." Creeping closer to whisper in his ear, Mingyu cupped his hand around his mouth. "Don't tell Shua hyung this, but I had a pack of chocolates for being good in school and shared it with the others."

Wonwoo chuckled at his mischief, his first break since the event earlier today. "You didn't give any to Chan right?" "Nah, we ate them where Chan couldn't see. He's been crawling around and climbing on things more often so we were very careful. He even says words from time to time."

"That's great, Chan is growing up well. Soon we'll be able to communicate properly and find out what's going on in his little head all day long. Wouldn't that be fun?"

"Yup! I bet he has tons of things to say. Do you know what I want to hear him say the most?"

"I don't know. What do you want to hear?" 

"That he loves me. I wanna hear him say I love you." For some reason, Mingyu's innocent words shocked Wonwoo. Something inside just feels a little weird, maybe hurt? Mostly sad. Wonwoo pulled Mingyu in for a hug, falling back on the couch. "That is something I want to hear from him too." Running his fingers through Mingyu's hair, Wonwoo recalled when Mingyu was much smaller. "You know that Jihoonie and I love you very much too right?" 

"Of course. Just like how much I love you two too."

Even without saying anything, they settled in comfortable silence despite the rowdy surroundings where Hoshi frolicked with the others. Wonwoo knows, he knows that there is a position in the children's lives that he and Jihoon couldn't fill. Mingyu just happens to be the oldest of the younger ones and is already attending school. The other kids at school must have a lot to say too. Just the realization and knowing that brought on a bout of sadness.

"I love you, Mingyu."

"I love you too Wonwoo hyung."