89. Impacted

This is the Choi Family

As Jun had predicted, nobody spoke of Woozi's identity anymore. Instead, they were extremely excited for their future. Signed under a well known company, what can they expect going forwards? The most popular topic was collaborations. Almost every artist under CSC Entertainment had trended on social media at one point and this didn't exclude their CEO, Choi Seungcheol. 

Idols are often praised for being transparent with their fans. And of course, there are some fans that always want to know more. Where did you go to school? What size shoes do you wear? What's your favorite shampoo? Which brand is your favorite? Do you like sweet or sour? Invasive questions to know their idol better. As usual, idols answer what they can within their comfort zone, and ask their fans to respect their privacy when necessary. 

Then there are people who knew their idols before they became famous that like to sell information. The not so nice fans. Dirty secrets are revealed, the internet scrutinizes, and sometimes fake rumors become recognized as true. Rumors are quite dangerous. Every idol of CSC was being dug into due to the addition of Woozi, and some of it was welcomed, a lot of it wasn't.

Their CEO Choi Seungcheol is the son of THAT Choi Enterprise? Wasn't there news that their past CEO didn't pass their position to their only child?

That company? The one that adopted 7 children out of "good will"? They are crazy.

I heard that the children are SUPER pampered. After all this Mr. Choi is so rich. Jealous.

IDK where you got your information but they are living by themselves. Go check the news.

Dude, that Mr. Choi threw everything at his son and went on a world tour with his wife before.

Choi Seungcheol? You mean that rapper way back when?

Hear this, I worked for Choi family several years ago. In that household, nobody is sane. Choi Seungcheol isn't their only heir. There was one more.

Who? Someone tell me!!! There was someone else?!!!

I looked it up. Looks like in the past there was another son that went to functions with said father. Choi Seungmin.

Where is he now? Why is Seungcheol now an only child?

Reviewing the news, Jun wasn't very happy. He knew that Woozi's addition would bring attention to the company, so that the focus wasn't on them anymore. He knew that several topics would arise, and many of his predictions were right, but this one topic was unexpected. Jun was tempted to call Seungcheol and check on him, but he also knew that if it was about his brother, no amount of comforting coming from him and the others would pull him out of the dump for a while. Instead, he messaged Hoshi and Joshua the summary of the situation and continued reading. 

At most he thought the internet would dig into Seungcheol's company, not his family. Maybe a little, but not this deep. There must be something else encouraging this. There were several candidates he could think of. One was the cousin going back on his word, the other was father Choi himself, and the last one was the one he really didn't want to see again, Yoon family head, Yoon Donghyun. He didn't know how but that man kept popping back up. Jun made sure to keep an eye on him, but the reports he's been receiving don't show much change. But just maybe.

For now all he can do is support Seungcheol silently.

--------------

Hoshi read the message and quickly went to their home. Taking it upon himself, he briefed Jihoon, Wonwoo and Jeonghan of the situation.

"If you've been reading the news, the trending topic is Seungcheol hyung's family. He's been working very hard to protect you guys from his father and doing his job as a company head, but he is also human. You know?" Hoshi said, a little helplessly. He didn't how much he could say, but he didn't want to do nothing either. He told Joshua he could do it so he had to somehow. "Right now, Seungcheol hyung is having a hard time. When it comes to his family, the one person that gives him the most pain isn't his father, it is his brother. I can't say much since this is his story to tell, but the internet had dug into it and its everywhere. He might be quite unapproachable for a while but just bear with it just a little." Seungcheol wouldn't lash out at them, he knew his friend very well. He was just worried the children and others would misunderstand and get hurt. 

Jihoon nodded in understanding, as did the other two. Jeonghan could kind of understand how Seungcheol was feeling but he himself didn't know how to comfort either. "Can we try to lift his mood or is he the type that gets more upset with that kind of pampering?" 

"He probably wouldn't show it much but he wouldn't reject others over this. There's just a lot going on in his head, but he'll get over it soon. He always does."

"Then I'd like to suggest something."

------------------

Joshua made his round at Seungcheol's office to take him home. Knocking on the door, he didn't wait for him to answer before waltzing in himself. "Cheol~ lets go home~!" he said, exaggerating his tone. "Come on~ the children are waiting for you." 

"Mhm." Seungcheol silently got up and put on his coat. His every movement was robotic and slow. His face showed no expression, stoic like a statue. Joshua followed him not discouraged at all, packing Seungcheol's bag for him. Sighing, Joshua half pulled half pushed Seungcheol out the door towards his car. "We'll come together to get your car tomorrow. Today, we are sleeping over at Jihoon's ok?"

Receiving no response, Joshua was not deterred and strapped Seungcheol in. "At least put on a smile when we get there ok? We shouldn't scare the children." 

"Right." The response was immediate, shocking Joshua. Staring at Seungcheol's side profile, he didn't see a change. Then how about a little more probing?

"Do you want to buy any snacks for the children on the way there?"

"I got scolded by Jihoon last time, I want to give them something else." 

"Then how about some toys? Let's go to the department store."

"Mhm."

It seems Jeonghan was right. Seungcheol would react when it was about the children. Then hopefully, what was waiting for Seungcheol at home would lift his mood.

---------------

Have I ever mentioned Seungcheol's brother's name before? I feel like I have but I can't find it anywhere. If any of you saw it somewhere do tell. Thank you! Happy weekend~ :)