76. Share house

This is the Choi Family

.....I was studying so hard for finals... but of course the coronavirus... now all finals are online.....well. More time to write :D

---------------

"So what do you plan to do now?" Wonwoo asked. Jeonghan was brought over here by Joshua away from all the reporters, but everything was impromptu. Joshua was looking elsewhere, Seungcheol was looking at Jeonghan also curious of his answer. 

"Uhhhh....."

Wonwoo could tell that Jeonghan didn't know what to do either. He understood, after all Jeonghan's world was turned upside down (both Wonwoo and Jihoon don't know of Seungcheol's plans, only that Seungcheol and Jeonghan don't want to be arranged). 

"Since you don't have any plans, would you like to stay here?"

"Yeah would you like to- hey! This is my house! Ask me first!" Seungcheol absent-mindedly agreed with Wonwoo's words only to understand them a little late. 

"Hahaha I'm sure you're going to offer the same anyway, right?"

Seungcheol though it over. Well, he does consider Jeonghan a friend, and he does want Joshua to get along with him again, it doesn't seem so bad. "Yea, I guess I wouldn't mind."

"But I don't have anything at all. I'll just be in the way." A burden. Jeonghan immediately refuted. He didn't have a thing of his own, his assets all controlled by his father, his items all belong to him as well. He'd feel guilty for freeloading. 

"Then lets do it this way. Are you good with children?" Wonwoo asked. 

"I guess so? I've taught young children homework before."

"How about cooking? Can you cook?"

"Yes? Kind of?"

"Cleaning?"

"...Probably not so good..."

"Are you healthy?"

".....?"

"You're hired."

"??????????!!!!!"

"You said you don't want to be in the way. Work for your living expenses here." 

Seungcheol agreed wholeheartedly. He wasn't going to kick the man out to fend for himself, he is a good person. "That's right. What Wonwoo said." Hm? That didn't sound very smart. Maybe it's just me.

Watching Seungcheol acting like a fool, Joshua held back a snicker before putting in his two cents. "I think it's a good idea. Once you get back on your feet, you can pay us back if you still feel the need to."

Jeonghan was stunned. What is this fast paced conversation? Eh?

"Huh?"

"Ok! That concludes that. Welcome Jeonghan hyung to the family!" Wonwoo said with a clap. Jihoon didn't say anything but nodded along. Seungcheol finally noticed the time and ended the impromptu meeting. "Right, finish up your homework. Sorry for taking up your time. We can handle the rest." He ushers Joshua and Jeonghan out of their room and closes the door. 

"I forgot about their schedule. Here, let me show you around."

Seungcheol took Jeonghan around the house the second time, this time pointing out things that he shouldn't touch and things that he can use. "Here, this is the last guest room left. You can use it. Remember, you can do anything in to this room. It's yours now." Seungcheol encouraged. Joshua who tagged along also gave him a warm smile. 

"I....."

"Just remember not to move the things out there too much. Jihoon might get mad." Though Seungcheol hasn't seen Jihoon mad, he has seen how uncomfortable he must of felt during the many outings he had been on with him. 

"....right."

-----------------

The first week in the house.

Jeonghan learned very quick that he couldn't do anything in the house. Cleaning? Jihoon routinely cleans everything again even after he said he did. Cooking?.....It was for the better that he stays away from the kitchen. The only thing he could do was play with the children.

This must be what Wonwoo meant, 'are you healthy'.....

He began to think that perhaps Jihoon wasn't happy with his presence here but it was quickly shot down with a conversation with Wonwoo. 

It's not that Jihoon doesn't like the way he cleans or any of the other things, Jihoon just does things the same everyday to de-stress. He's not ignoring him, he is listening so just keep talking. Ether way, Jeonghan continued to feel useless in the house since he couldn't do anything but play with the children after school/daycare. 

"I'm... going to find a job." He finally said one day. 

Wonwoo made him a cupcake. "Finally waking up now?"

"Mhm. I can get back on my own feet." The entire time that Jeonghan stayed here, nobody told him what to do, only pampered him and let him do what ever he wanted. They showed him that being subservient wasn't fun, that it was very boring. Living like this became slow and he finally decided to think for a while. 

Now that his father isn't watching over him, he was free. But while he was free, he had not a cent to his name. That job at his father's company? Well the company is under review and he doesn't want to inherit that dirty company anyway. ....Did he think he could go back to Joshua? 

Most definitely not.

Once everything in his head was sorted, he knew what he needed to do. At least, to be friends with Seungcheol, Joshua, Hoshi, Jihoon, Wonwoo and the kids, he needed to make a name for himself. First is money. No more freeloading.

With his credentials, he could land a desk job pretty easily, but his name might stop him from getting them. Starting with online consulting, he was going to have to start small.

--------------

Seungcheol was back at his company, organizing his files when Hoshi came in. "What's up? If this is about you freeloading at Jihoon's house, tell me now so I can tell them before hand."

"Come on! It's not like that~ I just wanted to invite you to see my choreography."

"Hm? You ready for a comeback?"

"I can feel it. It's going to be great. It has to be." Seungcheol believed his words but the unnatural paleness of Hoshi's face was holding him back from agreeing straight out.

"You don't have to push yourself too hard. You're free to do as you want you know." 

"No I'm fine. I just got too excited while working is all. The song Bumzu hyung gave me is great! I have to quickly make myself a name without the backing of Woozi. I can shine too!"

Seungcheol chuckled once he was sure Hoshi was fine. "Alright alright. Lets go see this amazing choreography of yours."