114. Details

This is the Choi Family

Jun sat in his office, sorting the massive amount of information on his desk, looking for a specific file. 

"Where is it, where is it???" He mumbled to himself. His secretary stood to the side, wanting to help but not wanting to mess up the folders further. "Uh, sir?"

"I'm busy, go find someone else." Jun shot back instantly. 

"I'm sorry sir, but someone's at reception looking for you."

"I told you I'm busy!!" Jun shouted, glaring at the poor secretary, but he persisted and continued to speak.

"It's Mr. Choi Seungcheol, he's waiting for you in the lobby." He finished what he needed to report and ran out a the speed of light.

Jun's face blanked. Straightening his clothes, shoving the folders and papers this way and that to look a little nicer, he finally pressed the button and called to send Seungcheol up.

Once Seungcheol arrived, he noticed the messy desk and grinned. Jun knew immediately that his attempt was useless and scrubbed his face.

"What up brother?" Jun asked, wondering why Seungcheol was here.

"I can't just visit as a friend?" Seungcheol said with a grin.

"When do you 'just visit as a friend'? If  you wanted to, you'd rather call me out than come here personally."

"...you have a point."

"Then? What is it?"

"Did you have more on that Boo woman situation?"

Jun snapped his fingers and pulled open a drawer from the file cabinet. Unlike his desk, these papers were much more organized, divided in categories and such.

"Here you go, there's as much as I have for now."

Handing over a not thick but not thin folder, Seungcheol accepted it with both hands. 

"I was going to go over this when I was done here, so good timing on you."

Seungcheol flipped through the pages, reading the profiles of all people related. "Why did you wait to reveal this?" He asked.

"Well, as you can see, it's still a physical copy, I was going to compile it and make it look nicer digitally for you all."

Realizing and remembering how each time Jun hands over a tablet with relevant information, Seungcheol once again is in awe over how great Jun is at his job. "Thanks man."

Jun nodded, acknowledging it, and began flipping through his desk files again. "I've got to find some contracts for some jobs so if you have any questions I'll be over here."

Seungcheol waved him away, letting him work while he read up on the files. 

Flipping through, he came across the possible relations chart. The woman that came was a distant relative to Boo Yooyoung. Boo Yooyoung really was married to a Kim Jiseob, who was in fact a rich man. However, a divorce happened and Mr. Kim married another woman. Due to the fast divorce and marriage, the document evaluated Mr. Kim's family as well, revealing that his mother had a terrible personality, an easily angered type. 

Through conclusive evidence, Boo Yooyoung had divorced the man and he had agreed. Looking at his new wife, she does come from a rich background, but her most famous article was how much she spent. There wasn't much about the two together afterwards.

All information of Boo Yooyoung had been erased, and it wasn't easy to trace her; through incredible connections, Jun had learned that Ms. Boo is out of country, and has been for the past couple years. Looking into why her information is gone, it can be traced back to the company that did it, and who had funded it, who turned out to be Mr. Kim.

"So she's left her life here behind. What about having a kid? Did she ever?" Seungcheol thought aloud. Jun's head poked out above the mountains of papers. 

"All on the last page, medical history, travel history, everything."

"Thanks bro."

Fancy medical terms appeared before his eyes, but Seungcheol couldn't make heads or tails of it. Looking for parts that he did understand, Ms. Boo did not have a child. Mr. Kim also has no child. Then where did the rumor that Seungkwan being their child come from? In fact, who exactly was it that left Seungkwan at the orphanage? That single mother... who was it?

Next looking into possible relations with Seungkwan, there seems to be no records of him either. No birth certificate was presented when he was left, his age was remembered by word, just his name now existed. 

There was no way to confirm relations for Seungkwan except for DNA testing. No rumor arises without some amount of truth. 

An unfinished idea was on the last page of the file, that there is a chance that Seungkwan was adopted to begin with, under a different name. There wasn't enough information, so it was only a guess.

------------------

Sorry for the short chapter.

If you all haven't noticed, the end of the first quarter is almost here, so good luck to everyone on finals! Studying a week ahead of time is not too early, and I know everyone has different studying habits but do what you have to do. Fighting!