80. What do you think?

This is the Choi Family

Although it was easy for Seungcheol's father to declare a different person as his heir, it put the shareholders in confusion. Choi's company of course wasn't owned by the man himself, the corporation is too big and takes a lot of finance. Just like Seungcheol's entertainment, shareholders had power to decide big decisions that affect the company. 

A different heir than what they were promised from the beginning. It was announced without their usual meeting, but they weren't confident enough to shut it down immediately. Murmuring among themselves for days and weeks and now months, there was finally some movement. 

Since the beginning, the shareholders knew that the next heir would be Seungcheol. He had shown outstanding wit and business skill while he held his position and did well in running his own entertainment business with talent. Thinking that Mr. Choi would bring him back when he was ready, they were fine with everything the man was doing. Buying out his own son's company? He must be trying to convince him to come back. This Hyunwoo guy? He's just to intimidate him to coming back. After waiting for so long, that random person is still sitting there. Why?

Gathering enough people who did not like the good for nothing sitting at the top, they started a general meeting. They usually never meet more than once a year, but this big decision wasn't brought up in the last meeting and they had no say in it. With the amount of shares they hold, they should have quite the power in the company. 

As soon as the meeting started, a lot of people were in agreement, that Hyunwoo must go and Seungcheol should be put back in place. Putting Seungcheol back into his place was not going to be easy but removing the top was enough for this meeting. Although voicing out their opinion was fast and united, execution was not as simple. 

Just then, the perfect information landed in their hands. From an anonymous source, records and records of indecency were compiled together, the perfect bomb to remove the head. This way, they didn't have to talk to Mr. Choi themselves, the evidence would speak for its self. With the plan in motion, they worked together to remove Hyunwoo from his place. 

--------------

Somewhere else, Jun was lazily looking at his laptop, a sneer pasted on his lips. 

Even if you want Seungcheol back, he won't lead a bunch of pigs. 

After manipulating the shareholders to remove Hyunwoo, his job was done. Mr. Choi would destroy himself and his company. 

Looking on another site, the stocks for Seungcheol's company were steady; Jun even predicts an improvement from the situation.

------------- 

When the situation went public, the shareholders became more aggressive. Electing representatives among themselves and silently putting Seungcheol on the list, Mr. Choi could only push off the conclusion for as long as he could. To keep the pressure on the man, they needed Seungcheol to agree. 

Seeing this chance, who else but Wonwoo's mother would jump in on the fun? Who else could get close to Seungcheol? Of course, the one closest to him! Announcing her son's status as being under Seungcheol's care, she garnered favor and promised to the others to bring Seungcheol in on the situation. Who wouldn't want rich people to "gift" apple boxes day after day. 

She proceeds to reach out to her son.

------------

"Hm? Wonwoo-yah, why aren't you picking up your phone?" Joshua asked, as the phone has been ringing for a while. Wonwoo just glanced at the screen for a second before sighing. Wonwoo didn't answer so he went to see who it was from himself. It was none other than Wonwoo's mother. "But it's your mom?" Joshua knew about how Seungcheol shot down Wonwoo's mother back in the hospital but it wasn't in detail since Seungcheol wasn't good at story-telling. "You don't want to talk to her?"

"No. I really don't." Since the moment he left her clutches, he was tempted to contact his mother but he was holding himself back. He didn't want to be the first one to call, he didn't want to let her win. But now that shes been calling 24/7 and contacting the school and everything, he didn't want to pick up a single one. He had a bad feeling. 

"If you want her to stop, why not listen to her just once?" Joshua wasn't too sure of what else to say, but to stop the constant ringing, conversation seems to be the best. Note that Joshua hadn't taken the woman on by himself before. Wonwoo didn't answer so he decided to pick up for him. Silence means yes, right?

"Hello?"

"Wonwoo! You unfilial son! Listen to me! How dare you not pickup my ca-"

*doot doot doot* Joshua traced the finger back up to the person it came from. Wonwoo glared at the phone harshly. 

*Ring ring ring* Wonwoo picks up. "How dare you cu-"

*doot doot doot* "....."

*Ring ring ring* "Dear son, please listen to your pitiful mother for a sec-"

*doot doot doot* Wonwoo continued this for the following calls. Joshua looked on in amazement. Now he can see for himself that you can't talk to that kind of person.

Jun comes in at the moment and unlocks Wonwoo's phone and directly blocks the number. "Less ringing, more silence. Don't play with it so casually." Wonwoo looked up at Jun briefly before looking back at the book he was trying to read. 

"Do you know what's going on?" Joshua asked. Jun must know something, he always does. 

"The situation at Mr. Choi's place has escalated. In order to pressure him, they want to reach Seungcheol without moving themselves. Mrs. Jeon here has jumped on the train and hoping to reach Seungcheol through Wonwoo." Wonwoo smiled bitterly after hearing it laid down before him. He knew it wasn't anything good, he could feel it, but he didn't expect her to still want him to obey her wishes. 

Before Wonwoo could say anything, Jun continued. "It's okay, the situation will pass soon. I predict Mr. Choi will figure something is up and change the course of actions. For now, we should just live the way we want to." Giving Wonwoo a pat on the shoulder before leaving, he reassured him that everything was going to be okay. "Don't dwell on your mom. She has already done her part as a mother, you're already finding your own footing. You will be fine."

"That's right. We've been working hard to separate from my uncle's grasps; Seungcheol had already severed ties financially related and work related, it wouldn't be long before we will be left alone from all this business mess." Joshua supplied. He himself wasn't suppressed by his own parents but he could understand their pain as that man was still his uncle. 

"Soon enough, we could live like a normal family; well as normal as a 13 boys can be, together."

------------

Hello! For those of you that don't know, apple boxes mean bribery in Korean drama culture. Literally boxes of dollar bills.