17. Hurricane

This is the Choi Family

Jihoon finished Hoshi's song in a week, guide version and all. It was sent for opinions which Soonyoung and Seungcheol were listening to in Seungcheol's office. 

Soonyoung sat across from Seungcheol as Hurricane blasted through the speakers. Seungcheol sat there, eyes wide, hand hovering by his mouth, as he marveled at Woozi's work. It never ceases to amaze him. Soonyoung was no better, a huge grin on his face, bouncing around in his seat to the music, thinking about how he was going to choreograph it. The words finally formed in his head and he came to a stop.

"Hyung! What do we do!!" Soonyoung suddenly said in panic. 

"What? What's wrong?" Seungcheol questioned worriedly. 

"Hyung!! The song..." Seungcheol leaned closer. "The song what?" Soonyoung leaned closer as well, his eyes wide. "The song..." He paused for effect. "is too good!!!!! What do we do!!!!!" Seungcheol smacked him with a file. "YAH! You got me all worried!" Scoffing at his friend, Seungcheol turned back to the monitor. "You just have to do better. Live up to Woozi's music." Soonyoung nodded. He has to make sure people won't pick on him for ruining Woozi's song. 

Woozi has entered the chat room.

Woozi: Good afternoon, Hoshi-ssi.

"He greeted me!!" Soonyoung squealed. Seungcheol sighed and jabbed at the keyboard, signaling for him to reply. 

Hoshi: Good afternoon to you too, Woozi-nim!

Woozi: How was the song?

Hoshi: It is amazing!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

Woozi: No problem. I'll give you 2 weeks to master the song, we can record in 3 weeks.

Hoshi: Yes! I promise to not let you down!

Soonyoung was beaming, his smile goes all the way up to his ears. Seungcheol snatched the keyboard and typed a question he really wanted to know. 

Hoshi: The whole recording is going to be done online right?

Woozi: Yes.

Hoshi: It's just that I really wanted to meet you.

Woozi didn't respond. Seungcheol sighed. Soonyoung also deflated. "My idol will forever remain a mystery... boohoo..." Seungcheol gave him a pat on the shoulder. He also wanted to know, but if they could keep working with Woozi, he doesn't mind not knowing their face.

Woozi is typing.....

"He's responding!" Seungcheol shouted. They glued their eyes to the screen. Please be a miracle.

Woozi: Sorry, please be happy with being the first collaboration. I really do not want to be hunted in public. Who knows, I might be an old man, I might be ugly, I might be different. I don't want to be judged, thus the hidden identity. Sorry.

They sighed but they understood. After all, people like Seungcheol and Soonyoung are always hunted by media and fangirls and fanboys. And if people stop listening to how amazing Woozi's music was just because they didn't like Woozi as a person, that would be messed up.

Hoshi: Ah no. I'm sorry for pressuring you. I understand. 

With that, Soonyoung and Woozi discussed a few key points and tips for singing Hurricane and setting up the date for recording before logging off. "Recording during lunch huh, for an hour only too." Seungcheol sighed. He wondered why Woozi did that. Perhaps Woozi was busy the rest of the time? Soonyoung sat dazed in his chair. 

Seungcheol smacked him with a file for good measures. "Why you dazing off now?" Soonyoung giggled. "That was my second conversation with the Woozi." He was giddy with joy. Seungcheol sighed and facepalmed at his love struck friend. "Get out of my office and work on your song. You have 3 weeks." Chided Seungcheol. Soonyoung would have loved to continue fanboying over Woozi and blocking Seungcheol from working but he had a time limit. Remembering that he only had 3 weeks to practice, Soonyoung darted out of the room without a word. Seungcheol sat at his desk, sighed again, and sent the song to management. Hopefully management is trustworthy enough.

-------------

A week later, there was new gossip on the news. 

'Amazing composer Woozi finally did a collab!' 

'Internet famous Woozi was hired?' 

'Will we finally see the person behind Woozi?' 

Seungcheol was mad. He knew for sure Woozi wouldn't notify anyone with the whole public hunt talk they chatted about. It came from his own company, there was someone feeding the news reporters. The first people to know was management. He stormed over to the managing department and slammed the door open. "Tell me, why there is news about Woozi on the internet right NOW!!!" he yelled furiously. "I though I was very clear with keeping this under wraps in my emails. What is this I see and hear??!!!" What if Woozi didn't want to collaborate anymore? What if Woozi took Hurricane back, what would Hoshi debut with? There wasn't a lot of time left. "If Woozi takes it out on us, who do you think I would take it out on?" His cold gaze had everyone avoiding eye contact. The staff cowered at their boss. They knew that meant that they were going to be weeded out and replaced. "I demand an apology, the person responsible, and any scapegoat to get Woozi off the news IMMEDIATELY!!"

A restraining order was placed on the person responsible for the leak, the department got a salary cut, they tried to cut off the news of Woozi by feeding the news with tidbits like this actor is starting a drama, this singer is making a comeback, this persons going on tour. Eventually, Woozi was off the internet and news, but a lot of people are still curious and questioning. Woozi is extremely popular after all.

Woozi joined the chat room.

Woozi: I was in the news. I want to know what happened.

Seungcheol quickly called Soonyoung into his office. He came as soon as he was called blubbering about sorrys and whys. Soonyoung was tearing up, not wanting to lose his only connection to Woozi. "Hyung! Do something!! My idol is distressed!!!!" Seungcheol explained that someone had leaked it and that person had been punished and they were in the process of covering the news.

Hoshi: I'm really sorry for exposing you. 

Hoshi: I really hope you would stay.

Woozi is typing....

They held their breath waiting for rejection. Woozi is a huge figure in the music industry despite not being under a company. To lose Woozi would result in being estranged by the industry and it's fans, even if they deny having any relation to him. They've already lost a lot of popularity from the fans that want Woozi to remain a mystery.

Woozi: I understand. It is not easy to keep everyone's mouth shut in a company as big as yours. 

Woozi: I promised to help, I'm not going anywhere.

Woozi: I've still got an amazing song to record with you.

Hoshi: Thank you so very much!!!

Hoshi: I'll work really hard to not disappoint you!!!

Woozi: Good. How is practice going?

Hoshi: It is going well. I will work harder to show you my best.

They exchanged pleasantries and Woozi logged off. Seungcheol and Soonyoung both let a breath they didn't know they were holding go. Seungcheol turned to Soonyoung as Soonyoung turned to Seungcheol. Looking each other in the eyes silently, they both were relieved. "Woozi is staying... I still have an amazing debut song." Seungcheol nodded. "I still have my neck. Woozi didn't rat out my company." Giving each other a hug, they patted each other on the back. "Good work, good work." Hopefully another crisis like this won't happen again.