40. Simple

This is the Choi Family

Just like every song that Woozi produces, Hoshi's 'Hurricane' easily passed the 100 million views milestone set, breaking records again. And just like Woozi's promise of a present, 24 hours after there was a new song posted. Song titled 'Simple', it was a track that showcased a new voice. Everyone was shocked, when did Woozi do another collaboration? Who was this new voice? With much digging through the description and summary, the fans learned that the song was written by Woozi and sung by Woozi. If the other songs were also sung by Woozi, does that mean that Woozi is not just one person? A lot of people started speculating and they were beginning to think that maybe Woozi was made up by a company. News stations started reporting on the internet famous yet elusive figure Woozi.

"Is Woozi just one person? Or is Woozi a company? Fans are dying to know."

"The new song posted by Woozi showcases a new set of vocals under the same name as the other tracks. What does this mean?"

"Besides the fact that there is a new voice on Woozi's channel, the plays of the song 'Simple' has surpassed the new record set by 'Hurricane', quickly reaching new highs one after another."

Wonwoo was satisfied with the response, wanting others to know that Woozi wasn't just his voice. Before the reveal, Wonwoo had an unusual fear of the internet world, fear that eventually someone could see through the screen and discover the things that he was doing. But ever since Woozi gained a huge crowd, he'd been slowly hyping himself up to let the world know that Jihoon's talents weren't behind his voice, but a completely different person.

Listening to 'Simple', Wonwoo opened a public chat room. Jihoon was sitting at his side, head on Wonwoo's shoulder, not minding the development at all. He trusted Wonwoo, and if Wonwoo wanted to do anything, he would let him without a second thought. Snuggling into his best friend, he whined for a hand. Wonwoo hummed and placed a hand through Jihoon's hair. 'Let's get the show on the road. Time for you to debut."

Woozi: Hello everyone!

His short greeting invited tons of people to join the chat room, rows and rows of text scrolling up. Thank goodness there is a system for placing the host's messages at the top of the room so that everyone can see their idol's words. A lot of the messages were fangirls and fanboys asking for attention, a handful were asking about the new voice.

Woozi: This is a secret we've been holding for as long as the start of Woozi. Do you want to know the secret?

By now, fans knew that the real present was learning about Woozi as a person, or persons. Messages of 'tell me please' and 'right now's flooded the screen. Wonwoo simple typed what he wanted to type since a very long time.

Woozi: This persona Woozi is made up of 2 boys. Woo and Ji. There's no more, no less.

Jihoon deserved all the respect and all the love. Wonwoo had been itching to give his fame back to Jihoon; that the voice in the songs isn't the main attraction, but the person writing and producing the song is.

Woozi: The voice you have been hearing since the beginning was me, Woo. The new voice you heard today in 'Simple' is Ji.

Woozi: Ji is the one producing the songs that I sing, and he deserves more love than me.

Woozi: I hope everyone will love us as 2 and continue to support us.

There were many people asking if there were more people but Wonwoo insisted on 2 before so the subsequent questions about the same thing were ignored. There were a few 'how did you know each other' in the chat and since Wonwoo was in a good mood, he answered some.

Woozi: We met in school, we're best friends.

After answering a few more questions about Woo and Ji as separate people, he ended the chat room and pushed the laptop away.

"So how does it feel? Finally being recognized as a person on the internet." Wonwoo asked, pulled Jihoon into his lap. The room was a little chilly so he hugged the human heater Jihoon a little tighter. "Ungh." Jihoon replied. "I want you to know that you are as much a person as I am, despite your set backs. I know you avoid others because they are quick to judge, but look at Woozi's fan base. They love you regardless." He knew it was because the people online don't know about Jihoon, but it was more of an attempt to see Jihoon leave his shy self a little. To see Jihoon be a bit more confident. He was confident and strong at home with the kids and when he is with Wonwoo, but the moment a stranger comes up to him, he fidgets and is immediately deemed mental. Jihoon nodded but pushed further into Wonwoo's arms. Wonwoo chuckled and planted a kiss to the fluff ball's hair. "Of course, I'll still be here and stay by your side. I just want you to let more people in. We're getting there with Seungcheol, but I'd like you to get closer the Joshua hyung and Hoshi hyung."

------------

Seungcheol, Hoshi and Joshua came over from work, all settled around Jihoon's small dining table talking about this and that.

"I loved Woozi before," Hoshi started. He paused and that made Wonwoo flinched. He was really hoping the people around them would be okay with Woozi being 2 instead of one. "But now I love Woo and Ji!" Hoshi finished and Wonwoo quickly released a breath. He put the faith in the right people. He turned to Jihoon to check his response; seeing a small glimmer in his eyes let him know that all was okay.

Hoshi continued to fanboy all through out dinner with "I'm so in love with them." to "Which one was chatting with me when we worked together." Seungcheol also put in his 2 cents, taking in the development like a businessman. "Woo and Ji must be a great duo. They must click so well, distributing work and relying on each other. I wish my company had such a respectable partner." Joshua finished dinner early and was strumming on his guitar, humming along to 'Simple' drawing the children's attention away from playing to obediently eat their food.

All in all, the reveal was a success and the public opinion was positive.