41. Encounter

This is the Choi Family

He was fuming. The butler fumbled to catch the coat the livid man threw. "GET OUT HERE YOU WASTES OF SPACE!!" Jihoon flinched and the children were tearing up, all huddled together in the living room floor. Their adoptive father has returned home alone, the mother no where to be seen. He has been screaming at them for the last 5 minutes and its been scaring the children into silence. 

"I heard my stupid son had to step in at school to protect one of you. Now all I hear is 'aww look at him take care of his siblings'' and -I must thank you for improving my character- BUT he's not suppose to be with you things." The loud man paced back and forth in front of them. "You are a burden to Seungcheol and I want you to stay away! Which part of leave Seungcheol alone don't you understand?!" He threw the nearest object which happened to be a picture frame at the ground, shattering the glass. The children screamed and cried in shock, Jihoon quickly loosing control of the situation, his own social anxiety skyrocketing. Mingyu hid behind Jihoon, shakily pulling out Jihoon's phone, dialing for Seungcheol. "What are you doing you ?!" The man yelled and made a grab for Mingyu. Mingyu dropped the phone in panic which was then scooped up by Jihoon back into his pocket before blocking the man from reaching Mingyu. Jihoon didn't know what to do, his eyes darting everywhere, his hands beginning to jitter out of his control. 

On the other end of the line, Seungcheol picked up, only to hear muffled rustling sounds and a loud voice yelling. "Jihoon? Kids?!" He looked at the caller ID to make sure. Yup, says Jihoonie. Listening carefully, he tried to identify the voice. "You know I left my wife halfway across the world to tell you to stop associating with my son? When will you learn to keep your autistic hands off my son?! Do I need to beat it into you?!!" There was no denying that that voice belonged to his father. Bolting from his seat, he launched out the door running into Hoshi who was just about to go up to his office. 

"Hey, boss- where are you going?!" Seungcheol blasted past Hoshi, yelling a sorry and my father is home over his shoulder. Hoshi caught the message and called up Joshua before rushing down to join Seungcheol. Hopping into the passenger seat, Hoshi strapped in just before Seungcheol stepped on the gas. 

Jihoon was backing up with the children, baby Chan in Seokmin's hands. The younger ones cowered behind Jihoon's legs. Mingyu attempted the call again, this time calling Wonwoo, hoping Wonwoo wasn't far. Wonwoo had left for the supermarket to replenish their refrigerator, it's been 20 minutes since he has left. On the second ring, Wonwoo picked up. "Wonwoo hyung!" Mingyu called out, accidentally alerting the angry man. "You called someone? You prick!!" He lounged for him once more. He caught a handful of Mingyu's shirt and yanked him out from behind Jihoon, who wailed in protest. Jihoon gripped at Mingyu's body, trying to keep Mingyu from the man's clutches. "D-don't-t!!"

Mingyu was crying, thrashing and whacking at the man's hand keeping him away from Jihoon's arms. The children behind Jihoon were already in hysterics crying on their bums not knowing what to do. At that moment, the door whipped open and someone came in. Jihoon was too focused on trying to keep his grip on Mingyu to notice who, just that someone else wrenched the hand off of the shirt and Mingyu fell into his arms. He hugged Mingyu tightly, squirming back towards the children, gathering them all into his arms. He couldn't hear anything, the blood pounding in his ears, hands opening and closing. He just needed for the children to be safe. Mingyu who was the most coherent of the children saw the person who saved him and broke out of Jihoon's grasp. He panicked, thinking someone snatched his little brother again, a twisted cry left his lips as he pulled Mingyu back to his side. Faintly, he can hear someone call his name. 

"Jihoon! Listen to me, Jihoon-ah!" Wonwoo pawed at Jihoon's arms, trying to release the death grip Jihoon had on the children. "It's me, Wonwoo!" Seungcheol came tumbling in followed by Hoshi observing the damage. Seungcheol's father was just about to reach for Wonwoo when Seungcheol got in between, shoving him backwards. "Move Seungcheol!!" He shoved back at his son. Wonwoo took the chance and shouted for Jihoon to listen finally catching Jihoon's eyes flicker to him once. "Let's move the children away from here." Coaxing Jihoon's arm once more, the children clung to both Jihoon and Wonwoo, Mingyu sniffling as he took Chan from Seokmin. Once they were away from Seungcheol and their father's eye line, Seungcheol took to glaring at his father. Telling Hoshi to look after the kids pointedly without looking at him, he started up his anger and blew up at his father.

"What do you think you're doing?! They are just children!!!" Seungcheol yelled, eyes furrowed in madness. "What do you mean, son? They are a burden to you and a mistake to me! I'm just putting them in their place!!!" Seungcheol was fuming. He has come to love the new family, the new company and his father is just spouting nonsense. "Just leave them alone like you always have! Leave me alone as well!!" He shouted, spit flying with the amount of venom in his words. His father scoffed, rolling his eyes at him. "I'm doing these things to improve your future. You're just going to be weighed down by them! Can't you see that?" Seungcheol ignored the man, knowing his words won't go through that thick skull of his. "I'm leaving, and you better not follow." He said over his shoulder. He went over to Jihoon and company and grabbed their bags. "Let's go, you can't stay where he can find you anymore." He lead the children with the help of Wonwoo and Hoshi out to the van he left and took them to his own house, where Joshua was waiting for them.