42. New home?

This is the Choi Family

After leaving the angry man behind, Seungcheol helped the children into the van and drove them back to his house. His house wasn't meant to house that many people, but since they were all still babies it should be fine. Joshua came outside to help them out, carrying the little stuff in. "Come on, don't be scared. We've left him far behind." Hoshi coaxed. The children were still upset, the loud man lingered in their heads. Mingyu was less affected, and Joshua pitied him since he had to be strong for his younger brothers. "Come here Seungkwan. Let me carry you." Mingyu whispered. Seungkwan listened to the familiar voice and crawled into  Mingyu's arms. Seokmin and Myungho were holding hands, Hansol in Wonwoo's arms. Jihoon held the now sleeping baby Chan and made to move into the house himself. Seeing their eldest brother move, Seokmin and Myungho picked up themselves from their seated positions and gripped onto Wonwoo's pants willing them to toddle after him. Hoshi looked at them with sad eyes, feeling useless. Joshua silently led them into the house, pointing out the last open room in Seungcheol's abode. "Here, there isn't a lot of space, so I'm planning on blanketing the living room. How does that sound?" The children weren't going to listen to them so at least they could make things easier for Jihoon. Wonwoo didn't know how to react either, they weren't responding to him at all.

Seungcheol's living room was reorganized to maximize the space. Pushing the coffee table to the front like the last house, the couches were pushed together face to face to form a makeshift crib for baby Chan. Making it as comfortable as possible, several pillows and blankets were piled in it. Chan continued to sleep well even after Jihoon set him in the couch-crib. As for the other kids, they followed Jihoon where ever he went so all of them won't fit in the small bed in that guest room. Pulling out an air bed and the mattress off the bed frame, they lined them up so all of them could sleep together. Jihoon obediently took what Seungcheol, Joshua and Hoshi provided, more concerned about the children. Seungcheol couldn't imagine the shock they received from today but he can pretty much guess the few emotions they were going through.

Jihoon was strong, protecting his brothers from their father. But Jihoon is also young, a little childish in the head, he must of been just as terrified. He hasn't spoken a word since and it was beginning to worry Wonwoo. "Come here," Wonwoo patted the spot left open on the mattress. "let's get you to bed. Tomorrow will be better." It hasn't been long since Wonwoo moved in with the children, but terrible things keep happening one after another. He doesn't know if he can continue to impose on Seungcheol's family matters. The though of their music equipment still packed away in the other house bothered him, but the children mattered more right now. Once they were all settled in, Wonwoo sleeping on the opposite side of the bed, the children sandwiched between him and Jihoon, Seungcheol looked at them once more with guilt in his eyes before leading Hoshi and Joshua into his room for a little privacy and to keep volumes low for them to sleep. 

"I'm worried." Seungcheol blurted out once they were out of earshot. Joshua pat him in the shoulder, trying to reassure him that it will be fine. "Let's go through this slowly. We're here for you." Hoshi guided them onto Seungcheol's huge bed and they laid down sandwiching Seungcheol between, going for the same security Jihoon and Wonwoo give the children. "Let's talk the whole thing out. What's got you the most worried?" Hoshi started. Seungcheol sighed and closed his eyes, feeling his best friends' warm around him. "I...I'm worried about my dad. I'm worried about the children. I'm worried about Jihoon and Wonwoo." Joshua who had taken a couple psychology classes in University as a hobby hummed in understanding. "Why are you worried about your dad?" The best way to relieve stress when everything is way too overwhelming is to talk it all out, one by one. He coaxed Seungcheol to speak, knowing too many things were weighing on his cousin's chest. "I'm worried he's going to abandon the children. I'm worried he's going to hurt the children." He worried that the children would go back to the orphanage. He knew the chances that the boys would be separated would be high since their ages were still young and he didn't want that. They've already been in the system once, going in it a second time wasn't going to be nice. He worried his father was going to hurt the children. He was scared that if he was one step later his father might of laid a hand on one of them. "He needs to stay away from them. But I don't want them to leave." He found family in them, if his father ever got rid of them, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. Anger and fear swallowed his thinking capabilities.

"Mhm, now you know what you want, you will know what you need to do. So why are you worried about the children?" It was an obvious question, but again, talking about it lightens the load. "They were so close to getting hurt. I almost didn't make it on time. Wonwoo was out, Jihoon could only cover so many of them. Oh, Jihoon worries me." One after the other, all his worries were put into words. He was the most worried about Jihoon. When he picked up the phone, it was Mingyu who called. From what Wonwoo told him on the car, Mingyu was also the one who called him. Jihoon doesn't know how to call for help. Mingyu had to do it. "How is he going to protect the children? He is enough for now but what about later?" Seungcheol frowned as he spoke, Hoshi's hand carding through his friend's hair. He hummed a tune to calm the other down, letting Joshua do all the talking. "Yup, that is worth thinking about later. Anything else on your mind?" He worried when his father would leave. When he would leave. "That's okay. Since you know about what you're up against now, let's plan ahead. How you're going to change things moving forward." Joshua instructed in a low voice. It didn't take long for the weight pressing on his chest to dissipate with the help of Joshua's guidance and Hoshi's comfort. Relaxing into the bed, the two finally coaxed the stressed young man to sleep.