30. Wonwoo & Seungcheol

This is the Choi Family

It was the next day and Jihoon was cleared for discharging after one more check up. While waiting for Jihoon , Seungcheol and Wonwoo kept busy. Seungcheol was listening in on a conference at his company while Wonwoo was scrolling through emails. Remembering the time, he realized that they missed a recording appointment. Turning to look at Seungcheol, it seems that Seungcheol hasn't been informed. Quickly writing a short explanation that there was a personal matter, he wrote that the scheduled recording will be picked up the next time without delay. Pressing the send button, he sighed in defeat. Both Jihoon and himself were unwell, he didn't know if they should postpone the recording further. Thinking back to Jihoon's willingness to work with his new brother's company, Jihoon would probably get mad at him for delaying it. Jihoon can sometimes be stubborn to a fault, just like everyone else. 

Pulling out Jihoon's uniform from the closet, he set them on the bed so Jihoon could change as soon as he got back. He knew Jihoon would most likely rush home to check on the children. He would tell Jihoon that the kids would be at school and he wouldn't react. Wonwoo chuckled to himself. He found it cute when Jihoon fussed over the children. Sitting back in his chair by his bed as he waited, Seungcheol stood up abruptly. Looking at Seungcheol, he watched as he paced, the meeting he was listening to must of been not doing well. Just then, another call came in and Seungcheol picked up the other. 

"What's up Hoshi?" Seungcheol asked, all tension left his face. Hoshi must of said something sad as Seungcheol's face morphed into worry. "Oh, that's okay. Yea, go ahead and reply him saying that it's okay." Right then, Wonwoo's unsilenced phone pinged. Seungcheol turned to Wonwoo at the sound. Wonwoo frantically pulled out his phone and checked his notifications. Hoshi had replied to the reschedule on Uprising and Wonwoo forgot that his ringer was on. Shoving the phone back into his pocket, Wonwoo realized that Hoshi must of told Seungcheol about the reschedule and the reply was that message. Seungcheol's eyes were glued to him. There shouldn't be anything that indicated Woozi and him were connected right? It's a pure coincidence, chance encounter, whatever you call it, Wonwoo convinced himself. 

And he's right, Seungcheol doesn't notice anything. Speaking into the phone again, he sat back down on the couch. "Did they say what happened?" He asked Hoshi. The answer should be no, Wonwoo thought. Turning away from Seungcheol, he searched through the settings of his phone looking for the notification section. Why of all times did he get a new phone?! Another ding caught him off guard, remembering the ringer was turned off earlier. This time, Seungcheol didn't react so Wonwoo quickly typed a response telling Hoshi that it was nothing and that he was busy. 

Honestly, why was he so afraid? He asked himself. There hasn't been any indication that Seungcheol knew what Jihoon could do, but he was so paranoid. Wonwoo though back to the news leak and decided that it was better safe than sorry with everything, regretting the talk in the car from the trip about Woozi. If things stayed this way, Woozi should stay under wraps for a long time. Wonwoo comforted himself, that there hasn't been any leaks on identity and Seungcheol is clueless as a potato. Seungcheol ended the call with Hoshi and went back to his conference. Wonwoo breathed a sigh out of relief and continued to wait for Jihoon. He made a big deal out of nothing.

Idiot! Shouldn't have responded....

------------

Jihoon was checked out, all of them back in the family home. "Jun, Joshua and Hoshi wen't out for lunch and would be back later." Seungcheol explained, the three that took care of the kids in Jihoon's stead. Wonwoo ushered Jihoon to bed rest and promised to wake him in time to go pick up the kids.

Seungcheol and Wonwoo sat in the living room, both looking and not seeing whats going on in the show on the tv screen. Seungcheol broke the silence first with a cough. "Umm...so how is school?" You awkward prick. Seungcheol scolded himself. He should have chose something else to open a topic. Wonwoo only chuckled. "School is fine as long as Jihoon is okay. In fact, school is where Jihoon and I can hangout without my mom hounding me so it's great." Seungcheol nodded in understanding. Collecting himself, Seungcheol started again. "I...so you know that I'm Jihoon and and the kids' step-brother. And that my parents aren't here to help. But I want to help. Does that make sense?" Collecting myself mission failed. Words fell out of his mouth aand even he knew he sounded like an idiot. But Wonwoo only nodded. Seungcheol was trying, he can see that much. "Haaaa... I want to be here for the children, what my parents should be doing, I want to do it. So I hope you and Jihoon would lean on me a little." Pulling on the clasp of his watch, Seungcheol's face was burning red with shyness.

He in fact was still a stranger forced onto the children's lives, a little imposing on their fine family from before. But being with them the definition of family felt right. Seungcheol wanted to live in this fantasy definition of family, even if it would take some time and a little selfishness to get there. Jihoon has built a nice family without parents, Seungcheol wanted to live just like that. 

Wonwoo said nothing as he scooted over to Seungcheol along the couch. "Hyung, you're already part of the family. We are glad to have you here." Putting an arm around Seugncheol's shoulder, he squeezed him in a side hug. "We are a bunch of parent-less kids, you're just joining our crew late. Do you want a welcome party? I'm sure the kids would love a party." Wonwoo didn't say much but Seungcheol could feel it. Wonwoo did trust him. Wonwoo does want him to stay. Today, Seungcheol hesitantly but definitely found a place where he can call home, and a family that he can find happiness with.

--------------

Hi everyone! Midterms are next week so the next chapter will be an informative chapter. Is there anyone specific that you'd like to learn more about? Either relationship-wise or past, maybe even predictions you want me to clear up? I can't guarantee that I will answer specific questions about the future, but I can give you hints. ;) 

Thanks for reading so far! Congratz to you and me for reaching chapter 30! xoxo

by meeeeeee (BlueMoonStone)