85. Working~

This is the Choi Family

Having dealt with Hyunwoo, Seungcheol slowly introduced another person to his supporters. Pushing someone that they were all familiar with, they didn't find it suspicious. This such person was the one filling in for Seungcheol when ever he was slacking off, pushing his work off to him while playing hooky(reminder:his job at his dad's company).

"He's super diligent~!"

"If I was as good as him~!"

His exaggerated praises were obviously seen through by the others but they couldn't refute him because of who he was, only following his words and agreeing with him. They still insisted that Seungcheol should be president, and every time Seungcheol suggested otherwise, they diverted his attention elsewhere.

Damn they are good at that.

Ruffling his hair, he paced back and forth in the living room. The children watched him, finding him very interesting, some following on their feet, some following with their eyes.

"Hyungggg, what are you doing~?" Mingyu asked.

"This isn't working, that isn't working..." Seungcheol didn't here and continued to mumble to himself.

Jun picked up baby Chan off the ground, stopping him from crawling around any longer. "At least pace somewhere else. You're going to cause cute Channie fabric burn."

"Huh? Um." Seungcheol didn't hear a thing. 

Mingyu stood on the couch and launched himself onto Jun's back. Jun reacted fast and helped him into a better piggyback position while hugging Chan close with one arm. "What's up little monkey?"

"Hyung's walking is making me dizzy, carry me~"

"Of course little prince."

---------------

Over the grape vine, Jun heard some things that he didn't want to hear. The hacker he had dealt with for Wonwoo in a last ditch effort despite not having evidence, had created a rumor. 

'You can't believe who Woozi really is. You'd be disappointed.' 

Did people believe him? Some would, some wouldn't. Regardless, questions flew. Jun didn't know when he knew the information, he was sure the hacker didn't get that information when he erased all records. Of course there's more than one way  to access information, some that don't leave records such as using the phone itself after cracking it.

Like other dirty overlords that have power over the news companies and social outlets, Jun deleted post after post, but the question spread like wildfire. The hacker had been apprehended by the police and could not tell a soul anymore, so no matter how many people messaged the man, they did not receive an answer.

Scolding the team he sent the job to heavily, he vented his anger then decided it was best to tell the 2 main characters what had transpired. 

"It's 100% my fault. I should have completed the job all on my own. I could have prevented everything."

"No no," Wonwoo comforted. "It's not you fault, we understand what happened."

"Had I shut off their connection to the internet the moment I was done instead, they wouldn't have had the chance to say anything."

"You didn't know, its not your fault. I'm glad that you are human like us." Jihoon and Wonwoo knew. The bad feeling they had before lead up to this, and Jun helped minimize the damage already. They knew someday this would happen, just that to know that it happened now was still a little unsettling. Comforting Jun and ushering him to play with the children, Wonwoo sat with Jihoon in their room. 

"We tried to keep it from the others, but it has come to this. What should we do?"

Jun already knew for a long time, they could trust him. They could trust their other family members too, but even family can have secrets. Before anything substantial comes out, they need to make sure they are in a good place to defend themselves.

Scrolling through all the posts in Uprising, Wonwoo frowned. 

Who are you? Why does this person claim to know who you two are? Please tell us, we want to know too. You're being unfair.

There were some nicer ones,

It doesn't matter what other people say. I love you for your music. Ignore these fools! Haven't they heard of personal space???

Regardless, this situation was very uncomfortable. Jihoon had began picking at his sleeve, which was quickly stopped by Wonwoo's bigger hands. Slipping his hands in between Jihoon's jittery ones, he let Jihoon squeeze his hand rhythmically. 

"I...." Jihoon didn't know what to say. Wonwoo hummed that he heard and agreed. They didn't know what to do.

A post to explain? What do they write? What could they do to calm the waves and protect themselves?

Jun popped back in. "I know this sounds crazy but I thought of something."

Closing the door behind himself, he pulled the desk chair out and sat across from the 2 on the bed. "Sign a contract with Seungcheol's company."

Wonwoo and Jihoon were confused to the max.

"What? Why?"

"No matter what you say or what I do, this isn't a small thing, it can't pass safely with time. If you have a good backer who can stand up for you, using name as power, we can stop the others from asking. You two are independent. Nobody else but you two. Your words are gold to your fans, but to those who aren't they are just words, maybe excuses. People are inherently curious." Jun blurted out. If they could have someone else on their side, a person who has more power attached to their voice, people would quiet down. Once he finished his piece, Jun realized something. 

"Ah, you can keep your secret, I can help with that."

Wonwoo and Jihoon locked eyes. The same question flashed in their eyes. Do we tell Seungcheol hyung?

---------------

What do you think would happen next?

But does it end there? :D