59. Please

This is the Choi Family

In the car.

Out the car.

The emergency room.

Seungcheol yelling for someone to answer him.

Hoshi holding him back. 

Joshua and Jun off somewhere.

Seungcheol couldn't think. He couldn't breathe. Where were the children? How was Wonwoo? What went wrong? Was it today? Everything was going wrong. "Tell me please!! Where are my kids!!! PLEASE!!!" He cried out in anguish. He wasn't fighting Hoshi's grasp anymore, all the energy leaving him. Hoshi was saying something but he couldn't hear. He could only cry and clutch at his arm, screeching and mumbling intelligible words.

Joshua came back with Jun and helped pick Seungcheol off the floor. He didn't even know when he sat down. He was taken to another section of the waiting room by the emergency room, where they sat him down and tried to console him. "Come on Seungcheol, calm down. You have to listen to me." Joshua said, cupping Seungcheol's face and locking eyes. "I already asked for them at the nurse station. The kids have been moved to a room since the ER is still taking in patients. Do you want to go see them?"

Seungcheol bobbed his head up and down, hand clutching Joshua's sleeve. "I need- I have to see them." He frantically scrambled up only to be pulled back. "You have to calm down. You don't want to scare them more do you?" Hoshi whispered softly. Jun pulled Seungcheol into a hug, rubbing his back in comforting circles. "You have to know something else too. Jihoon and Wonwoo were protecting the kids so they are still somewhere in the ER, either in surgery or in the room. It's too chaotic right now and I couldn't get good info." Seungcheol had calmed down a little but the new news made him want to break down again. "W-w-why is t-this ha-appening?" He whispered brokenly into Jun's shoulder. "Sssh. None of that. Let's go see the children first. I'll find out more while you're there."

They finally made it to the room where the less urgent patients were placed with a sniffling Seungcheol. The others wanted to cry too, especially Jun since he feared losing Myungho but they held on for their eldest friend. The room was fairly empty, a couple beds filled with patients. The moment Seungcheol spotted the children huddled on one bed, he rushed over.

Stumbling over his own feet, he sat himself down next to Mingyu. There they were, Mingyu, Seokmin, Seungkwan, Hansol. Seokmin hugging both Seungkwan and Hansol as they slept. He lifted his hands wanting to do something but not knowing what, they trembled before Mingyu. "Hyung," Mingyu's voice was hoarse. Accessing his condition, Mingyu had a temporary cast on his right arm, some cuts on the side of his face but nothing serious. His rubbed red eyes were teary and his lip was bitten raw. "Hyung!" He called again, launching himself into Seungcheol's open arms. The other was a little startled but returned the hug just as tightly. "Mingyu, thank god. Oh my goodness. You're okay. I'm here now. Everything will be okay." He mumbled into the tiny boy's hair.

Once they both calmed down, Hoshi and the others went back out to find out about the missing children. Seungcheol stayed with the children, repeatedly running his hand through their hair, just feeling them and connecting that to them being okay. Mingyu had also calmed down enough to lie down to rest. The 3 younger ones had nothing worse than a couple scrapes and bruises. Even if they were tiny and easy to heal over time, Seungcheol's heart ached for every wound. "Oh baby, you went through a lot today didn't you." He spoke quietly, rubbing Mingyu's upper arm with his other hand. Mingyu nodded and nuzzled further into Seungcheol's warm chest.

-------------

Jun was beginning to feel the panic build up inside. Where was Myungho. "Myungho..." he uttered his breath. Joshua heard what he said and pulled him into a side hug, encouraging him. "We will find them. You're doing great." 

Hoshi had left for the children's house to grab them a change of clothes leaving Joshua and Jun to find the rest.

They had to wait a little while longer, anxiously glaring at the nurse at the desk. "Sorry for the wait sirs. A Jeon Wonwoo is undergoing surgery right now, he is in operating room 12. Another Lee Jihoon is getting stitches in the head in operating room 3. Mr. Lee will be out in a moment, he'll be moved to another ward. As for  Lee Chan and Seo Myungho, please go to the pediatric desk over there."

Jun was getting mad at how they were running things here. Sure there was a system, but he was impatient and in distress. He roughly marched over to the next desk over demanding to see Myungho. Joshua came up behind and shushed him, rubbing his neck gently. "Everyone is stress, it's okay." They were finally told that Myungho was in operating room 8 and Chan was sleeping in the pediatric ward. Jun was shaking with emotion, his form trembling just the slightest. Anger, frustration, sadness, fear, disbelief, all were rolling around rapidly inside. Not Myungho. Not my nephew. Why was this happening? Was everything too easy until now? Is this the unfortunate event that comes after every happy ending? This had to be some sick joke.

Joshua maneuvered Jun to sit down outside Myungho's operating room. He tried to get Jun to respond but he only nodded and shook his head with every question. He decided it was best for Jun to sit outside the operating room and not get more aggravated before leaving to check on Chan himself. 

------------

Being guided by a nurse into the pediatric department, Joshua spotted Chan immediately. His cries were loud, breaking Joshua's heart to pieces. The nurse holding him was trying her best to calm him but it seems to not work. Taking a couple long strides straight towards Chan, he scooped the baby into his arms. "Oh baby, it's okay now. Shua samcheon is here. It's okay." He cradled Chan in his arms, pulling the baby's face up to look him in the eyes. "Look! It's your favorite uncle, Shua shua~" he cooed, putting the best happy face he could at the moment. "look at you baby, crying so loudly. You're going to hurt my poor ears. Come on baby." The moment Chan recognized Joshua, he clung tightly with his tiny hands. The material of Joshua's flannel were held in his fists, his head pushing into his uncle's neck. He mumbled unintelligible words into Joshua's skin as Joshua responded with his own hums and purrs. 

"Is there any wounds I should be aware of?" Joshua asked the nurse who was holding Chan earlier. She smiled gently and shook her head. "He was well protected by his brother, he is fine." Joshua smiled bitterly, both happy that Chan was okay but his brother wasn't.  

"Can I take him with me to his siblings in the other room?" He got clearance and left with baby Chan in his arms towards Seungcheol and the others. He passed by Jun just to check in on him and passed Wonwoo's and Jihoon's operating room to check the status of his situation. Wonwoo's operating light was still on, the surgery going long. As for Jihoon's, the name on the patient list had already changed to someone else so he headed to the nurse station right next door. He got Jihoon's room and requested a private room for the children before continuing on his way. Chan was now calm and picking at Joshua's facial features, entranced by Joshua's nice eyelashes. "If you love my eyelashes this much, you should try Seungcheol hyung's. They are much nicer than mines."

The moment Chan was back with his brothers, he fell asleep in Mingyu's hold. Seungcheol tucked Chan and Mingyu in before being lead out by Joshua. He explained that Wonwoo was still in operation along with Myungho, while Jihoon was where they were headed. They headed to the prepared private room and waited for the workers to move Jihoon in. They waited in silence; Seungcheol picked at his nails, Joshua staring off into the distance. When they finally pushed Jihoon's bed in, Seungcheol scrambled out of his seat, pulling Joshua up with him. He needed the anchor right now, Jihoon looking terrible. 

There was bandages wrapped everywhere. His head was what scared Seungcheol the most. "They said it was just sutures. You said it was just sutures!!" Seungcheol whimpered into Joshua's hold. "That's what they said. They said that was it." Joshua answered numbly. On Jihoon's pale face was a massive green yellow bruise forming, his head wrapped up tightly. There was an eye patch on his right eye, ventilator to his right, the intubation tube down his throat. "He must be so uncomfortable," Seungcheol whispered with tears in his eyes. He sat down on the provided chair and clasped Jihoon's pale hand in his own. Jihoon's right side was splinted, a nurse explaining that they haven't taken good x-rays of the sites but that his right side most likely had slight fractures nothing broken. His chest was wrapped for a laceration caused by the bus's window. 

They sat there speaking in quiet tones and praying. 

------------

Hoshi was back, he helped the children into the private room next door, not letting them see Jihoon hoping they could see him when the bruising was lesser or he was awake. He also brought information of the crash.

The bus was rammed in the side by a semi-truck, the bus was toppled onto it's side. Jihoon, Wonwoo and the kids were sitting on the right half, hence all the right side injuries. They were sat Mingyu, Chan, Seungkwan Jihoon in one row, Myungho, Seokmin, Hansol, Wonwoo in the row behind. Jihoon was found with his right arm around Mingyu's head, the rest of his body caging both Seungkwan and Mingyu who had Chan on his lap at the time. Wonwoo had covered the kids as well but there were passengers on the other half of the bus that fell onto him crushing Myungho who was by the window. 

Jihoon and Wonwoo did amazing jobs of covering the younger ones, it was just unfortunate that all of this happened. Seungcheol had half the mind to say this was a planned assault but he didn't chase it, wanting to stay with the children for a while longer.

------------

"We're out of RH-AB!! Is there anyone who can donate at this moment?!" some nurse yelled over the ER noise. Nobody responded. Jun faintly heard the cry and began to panic. He wasn't RH-AB. Myungho was.