14. To win the hearts of the children

This is the Choi Family

When they received a reply from the mysterious Woozi, they thought it was a dream. No way did the mysterious Woozi say yes when Woozi always says no. They reread it again, but the result was no different. Woozi actually wanted to collaborate! When the news was delivered to Soonyoung, he ran straight to Seungcheol's office and pounced on him. Jumping up and down, throwing Seungcheol around as he did so, he screamed out of joy. 

"Oh ma gosh!!!! THE WOOZI is going to write MY debut song!!! I can't believe it!!! Thanks Cheol hyung!" Seungcheol only grunted in Soonyoung's arms, constantly trying to tap out. 

"Yes yes, let me gooooooo."  Soonyoung finally let him go and sat down. 

"Really thank you hyung." Seungcheol shook his head. 

"I didn't do anything. You achieved the impossible. Who would have thought that an email from you would bring the genius Woozi out?" Seungcheol said, voice dripping with sarcasm. Soonyoung nodded, agreeing with Seungcheol. Whatever floats your boat.

"That's right, it was all thanks to me. You were going to stop me. Hah, now I get to work with Woozi. Hoshi's going to rule the music world!!" Seungcheol sighed. He leaned over his desk and gave Soonyoung a slap on the head with a file. 

"IMMA! Be at least a bit grateful. I nurtured you." Settling down, they pulled up the email. Reading it over, there was a list of things Woozi required to write him a song. Included at the bottom of the mail had a chat room code. Soonyoung excitedly opened up his account on Uprising and punched in the chat room code.

Hoshi has joined the chat room.

Woozi has joined the chat room.

Soonyoung and Seungcheol both sported a shocked look. They didn't think Woozi would be online right now. "What do I do hyung?" He shot Seungcheol a nervous look. "I don't know what to say. Woozi is at the other end of the internet. I'm panicking." Seungcheol snatched the keyboard away from him, sighing at his fanboy friend. "A simple greeting would be nice."

Hoshi: Good afternoon Woozi-nim. I'm Hoshi from CSC Entertainment.

Woozi is typing....

Seungcheol heard Soonyoung in a breath and stopped breathing. "Stop being so dramatic."

Woozi: Good afternoon. Shall we begin discussing the contract?

Soonyoung was now squealing and bouncing in his seat. "OMG!!! It's the real Woozi!!! I can't believe I'm speaking to Woozi!!!!" He already chatted with Woozi once, yet he's still excited as if its the first. Seungcheol smacked Soonyoung once more telling him to settle down. "If you want to continue watching ME chatting with Woozi about the contract, please stay seated and quiet down." He said threw his clenched teeth. 

It didn't show on Seungcheol's face, but he was just as excited as Soonyoung to be able to communicate with Woozi. The contract was simple. They would contact each other through Uprising, when recording begins, they will set up a screen/equipment share via Uprising, and 15% of the album sales will go to Woozi as well as the royalties. Woozi didn't accept anymore than 15%, threatening to lower if asked again.

Woozi: Do you have time now to discuss the song?

Hoshi: Yes, I'm free whenever you need me to be.

Woozi: Okay. I'll let you know the details later.

Who would miss any appointment when the person is Woozi, the most popular singer-songwriter on Uprising? Ah, working with Woozi is a dream come true!

Woozi: Is there anything you must have in your song?

Hoshi snatched the keyboard, his fingers danced across the keyboard.

Hoshi: BUREORA HURRICANE.

Seungcheol shot him a shook look. Hoshi returned the stare with a shrug. "What? I already have a dance for it." He swung his hands left and right by his head. Sometimes Seungcheol can't believe his friend is only 1 year younger.

Hoshi: I would really appreciate it if that line could be the highlight of the song. 

Woozi: No problem. I'm getting an idea of what you want. 

Woozi: Animal that represents you? Random question, sorry.

Hoshi: Tiger, my name is the look of a tiger, Ho-shi

Woozi: Anything else you want to add?

Hoshi: Can it be edm?

Woozi: I will think about it. I'll contact you if I have anymore questions.

Hoshi: Thank you, Woozi-nim.

Before Seungcheol could end the conversation with good manners, Hoshi snatched the keyboard again and sent an 'I LOVE YOU' to Woozi. Woozi 'loled' it off and said bye with a 'it's a pleasure to work with you' and went offline. Hoshi sat stunned, the entire conversation going on in his head. Seungcheol had to pick him up by the arms and kick him out the door to get him out. Looking at the chat room, Seungcheol also broke out in a big smile. Woozi is very professional. He asked them a bunch of questions about what they wanted and it truly felt like Woozi is going to give them exactly what they were looking for and better. 

Once Wonwoo finished the conversation with Hoshi, Jihoon got to work. Wonwoo could see it in Jihoon's eyes how excited he was to write music. Wonwoo was even forced to come over to Jihoon's house since Jihoon really wanted to start writing right away. The children were tucked in their rooms taking their afternoon naps. Although Wonwoo was still not very sure about Jihoon doing this job, he saw how happy Jihoon looked as he fiddled with his laptop. Wonwoo wasn't too sure how the public would see this. The public could take it 2 ways: Woozi was finally accepting jobs or Woozi was bias towards companies. They were kind of extreme but Wonwoo did want anything to happen to Jihoon. 

"Jihoon-ah, about Woozi," Jihoon turned to him, showing that he was listening. "what are you going to do if your brother ever found out about Woozi?" Jihoon sat there looking like he was in a daze, but he was really thinking hard. Wonwoo shook his head with a chuckle and brushed his thoughts away. 

"You don't have to think about it right now, hoonie. When the time comes when Woozi isn't a secret anymore, just know that I'll be there for you." Jihoon scooted closer to Wonwoo. 

"I-I love you h-hyung." He pulled Wonwoo into a tight hug. Wonwoo slowly wrapped his arms around him. "I love you too hoonie."

-------------

Seungcheol was out at the mall looking around. He was making rounds at the Choi chain mall when he remembered the children at home. Maybe he will pick up a little something for all of them. What would they like? Walking into the toy store, he went straight up to the manager. 

"Ehem. Manager Kim, what do you think a five year old boy would like?" Manager Kim lead Seungcheol over to the most popular toys. 

"Do you know what he likes? Dinosaurs or cars? Any of the sort Master Choi?" Seungcheol tried to remember what Mingyu was playing with, but he couldn't find any scenes where he played by himself. Mingyu was always playing with the younger children. 

"He's an older brother, I don't know if he likes dinosaurs or cars. He's always busy entertaining his younger siblings." Manager Kim nodded. 

"Perhaps something practical like a plush or a soft blanket? From your words, I'd assume he's always up and about." He gestured at the selection of stuffed animals, patterned pillows, and fluffy blankets. Seungcheol nodded in consideration. 

"What do kids normally gravitate around?" Manager Kim pointed a the best sellers on the shelves. "These, Master Choi." Seungcheol felt a little embarrassed for not noticing the sign he was literally standing in front of. 

"Sorry." He uttered with a cough. The staff ogled him from a far; seeing their CEO shopping in the toys section is so out of his usual character, which was usually a quick walk through and a report sent to his office. Glancing over the toys, there were Transformers and Marvel figurines. He proceeded to pick a Hulk doll along with a fluffy red blanket, remembering Mingyu's favorite color. He paid for it like a normal person but the company never completed the transaction since he was boss. Ssshh. Nobody needs to know that. 

He proceeded to the toddler sections and selected building blocks and occupation sets for Seokmin and Myungho. As for Seungkwan and Vernon, they should be able to speak simple sentences and phrases, and move about more. He grabbed some picture books and a plastic jungle gym with slides and steps. For baby Chan he grabbed a cute dinosaur plush and a teething ring since it seems Chan hasn't gotten all his front teeth yet. When he was trying to pick out a present for Jihoon, he was stuck. He didn't want to buy things like cleaning supplies for fear of him taking it the wrong way, he didn't want to buy toys when Jihoon only plays with toys with the kids, he didn't want to buy books that were too complicated for Jihoon's delicate brain. Sighing, he called Soonyoung. 

"Yo, Soonyoung-ah." Seungcheol paced around in the store, his staff trailing along. 

"What would be a good present for a 17 year old?" Soonyoung snorted at the other end. 

"It's for Jihoon isn't it?" He teased. Seungcheol groaned wondering why he didn't call Joshua first. "So what? Now help me." 

Soonyoung listed tons of things but a lot of them were of no use to Jihoon who didn't have a lot of free time. "How about new headphones?" Seungcheol though about it. Jihoon does study late into the night, headphones doesn't sound like a bad idea. But Jihoon also has to hear the children if they need him, ahhhh he's in a dilemma. "Thanks Soonyoung, I'll figure it out." 

Ending the call with Soonyoung, he continued to think about what to get Jihoon. Looking at the nice headphones, he remembered Jihoon didn't have a phone. Forming a plan in his head, he went and bought Jihoon a new phone, new headphones, and a new baby monitoring device. With this device, as long as there is movement or sound from the children a signal would be sent to the watch, which vibrates like a phone alarm. Now Jihoon could use the headphones. He felt proud with his thorough idea. Pats self on the back.

Looking at all they things he bought for the children, he scratched his head a bit embarrassed. His staff's hands were full of presents and still following him around. Now thinking about it, why didn't he choose something easier than headphones? Meh. "Sorry guys, you may leave them at my villa." The staff slowly trickled away to put them on the car. Seungcheol felt like he was going to spoil the children but he felt that spoiling them wasn't a bad idea. He had the money to spare. Might as well do his best and win over the children fast.