13. Collab

This is the Choi Family

While walking to their usual break spot, Wonwoo bragged about Jihoon's latest single. 

"Jihoonie~ you're songs are amazing!!! Look at that 7 digit number!! So many people liked it and commented on it~!" 

"Ungh." Jihoon replied with rapid nodding. This bobblehead.

Chuckling at Jihoon's cuteness, Wonwoo ruffled his hair and plopped down by the tree. 

"What type of song are you going to make now? Me personally, I want to rap a bit. It's been a while since I last rapped. How 'bout rock concept?" 

He animatedly spoke, waving his arms around gesturing for emphasis, but Jihoon wasn't paying attention. 

"Ungh?" 

"Jihoon?" Wonwoo called. Turning around to see what caught his dear friend's attention, he spotted an ice cream truck across the street. Jihoon must of been distracted by the ice cream truck jingle. He tend to get distracted by beats all the time. Waving his hand in front of his friend's face, he pulled Jihoon out of his trance. 

"You might as well write an ice cream song." Jihoon nodded vigorously, showing exactly how much he liked the idea. Laughing out loud, Wonwoo rolled on the ground. 

"Haha...If that's what you want Jihoonie. Now let's get to work." Jihoon pulled out a few books and opened them up to the latest lesson they learned in class.

It was finally lunch, Jihoon and Wonwoo stayed in their little room. Jihoon fiddled with the laptop, clicking this and that, tapping away at the keyboard. Wonwoo was reading through the latest song Jihoon finished. Wonwoo glanced at the top of the paper. 'Simple' was the title, it was a project Jihoon started awhile ago. Reading the lyrics, it was clearly a ballad, and although he liked the title 'Jeon Ballad' made by yours truly, it was a sentimental song that matched more with a certain someone else. 

"Hey Jihoon," he got up from his seat and dragged his chair closer to Jihoon. "have you ever thought of sing yourself?" 

Jihoon quickly shook his head no, pointing at his throat. 

"I know, you wanted me to sing since you had a stutter, but sometimes when you concentrate, the stutter isn't there." Putting an arm around his musical friend, Wonwoo tapped a short melody on his shoulder. 

"You can try? I'll help you the best I can." Jihoon let the idea roll in his head. He really liked this song; he wrote the lyrics in one day, edited the song for a long time just to make sure it was perfect. Since Wonwoo wants him to, maybe he can try. After all, Wonwoo hyung's words can never be wrong. "Ungh." "Okay let's try the first line. I'm standing on the last road for today." Jihoon quickly followed. "I-I-I'm stand-ding..." Wonwoo patiently guided him through. "on the last road for today." "I'm standingonthelastroad f-for today!" He chuckled at his cute friend. "Good! Now remember the melody you wrote and space out you words." They practiced and practiced until lunch was over.

-------------

Ding! Pulling out his phone, Seungcheol quickly unlocked it. The message read, 'I'm coming over to Seoul in about 15 days, be prepared to receive me~!' Seeing who sent it, Seungcheol immediately replied. 

Coups:'Jun my man! You know I'm ready all the time. Just txt me when!' 

Shoving his phone back in his pocket, he walked into his company. 

"Good morning, Mr. Choi." They greeted at the door. "Good morning~!" he replied a little giddily.

Speeding past the front desk, he headed straight for his office. Swinging the door open, he launched himself at his friend. 

"Soonyoung-ah!" There was a WHUP and a THUD

"H-hyung.. you're too heavy for mee....." Choked out Soonyoung. Seungcheol took a swing at Soonyoung's head. 

"Yah! I'm not just your hyung here! I'm your employer!" Soonyoung rolled out from under Seungcheol and dusted off his clothing as he got up. 

"Yes, yes, cut my pay check blah blah blah." Seungcheol got up and waddled around his desk to sit in his 'boss' chair. 

"You finally decide to debut huh?" Seungcheol asked. Soonyoung nodded and sat in the seat across. Pushing the file closer to Seungcheol he laid out his plan. 

"Hyung. Use your influence and find me a composer that can write the perfect 'Hurricane'." Seungcheol scoffed at Soonyoung's shiny eyes.

"Yah, you brought this up to me instead of the management department because you wanted me to use my name to find you a composer. I feel so loved." He said sarcastically. But he knew his buddy was just playing with him. He wouldn't actually do that, right?

"Who do you have in mind?" Soonyoung leaned closer and gestured him do the same. 

"Heard of Woozi?" Soonyoung whispered.

"Why you whispering?" Seungcheol whispered back. Soonyoung smacked him in the shoulder. 

"Ruining the mood." He tsked and slouched in his seat. No point in whispering when the other won't play along.

"So? Do you know?" Seungcheol nodded, rubbing his shoulder and sighed. 

"Think of someone else. You know as well as I do that he doesn't do jobs or collaborations." Soonyoung dropped his head dejected. 

"He's so good though..... can't we try?" Seungcheol pitied his fanboy friend. Well, the best they could do is try. "Here, you can send an email and ask. Just don't be disappointed." Soonyoung nodded feverently. He really loves Woozi's music and would love to work with him. Seungcheol pulled up the company work template and turned his computer screen to Soonyoung. 

"Here, take the keyboard and type your request." Soonyoung quickly snatched the keyboard. 

"Woah, I'm not taking it away from you. Have at it." Seungcheol put up his hands in mock surrender.

"Dear Woozi-ssi, I'm your biggest fan, I've followed you since the first song you posted, I lov- "

"Yah! This isn't a love letter, write your intention." Soonyoung sighed and moved on.

"I really love your music style. I'm a choreographer from CSC Entertainment and I'm preparing for my debut. I would really love it if I could debut with your song. Even a short song would do. I admire you so much. It's okay if you don't want to, I just want to reach out to you for a response. I'm such a huge fan oh my-"

"Cut! End it professionally Soonyoung." Soonyoung glared at Seungcheol as he held the backspace to delete the last line. "Sincerely, Kwon Hoshi. There, good enough?" Seungcheol sighed at his friend's childishness. The mail had one too many 'love's written in it but whatever. 

"Go ahead and send it. Management or I will tell you if you get a reply." Soonyoung quickly moused over to the send button and hit send. 

-------------

Wonwoo was walking Jihoon to the gate after school when he felt the vibration of a new mail. 

"Wait a second Jihoon." pulling up the message, he read it aloud. 

"Dear Woozi-ssi, I'm your biggest fan, I've followed you since the first..." he continued to read. 

"The return mail and the footnote says CSC Entertainment. Since it's a request, reject it right?" He was about to reply with an apology when Jihoon stopped him. 

"CSC En-enterta-inm-ment?" Wonwoo looked at the mail again. 

"Yeah, CSC Entertainment. Why?" Jihoon tugged on Wonwoo's shirt timidly. 

"S-seungcheol h-hyung's c-company." Wonwoo turned to his friend. 

"You want to help him? We had that no collab rule, you absolutely sure you want to? It might lead to publicity." Jihoon nodded slowly. Wonwoo chuckled nervously but he didn't say no. He wasn't the one making music after all. 

"Awww you so cute, wanting to help your hyung. Okay, you said okay yea? I'm going to reply saying yes?" Jihoon nodded again, determined. Wonwoo quickly typed on his phone.

Hello, this is Woozi. Thank you for following and supporting my music. What kind of song are you looking for? Please give a genre and topic. I will be glad to give a helping hand.

-Woozi