99. Working~

This is the Choi Family

A couple days after, Jihoon couldn't handle it anymore. Just seeing the others around him made him think of all the work that was left to do. Even if they didn't say anything, not mentioning the project at all, it weighed on his mind.

Checking the date, checking the time, it was the weekend and the kids were about to go to bed. As usual, he tucked them in, said good night, and went to his own room. Usually he didn't close his door, so he could hear better if anyone is having trouble sleeping. Closing the door and leaving a sticky note on it, he locked the door.

--------------

"Jihoon? Please open the door." Wonwoo called out while knocking on the door. "Jihoon!! This isn't healthy!!!"

Thankfully the kids were already awake and watching the morning shows downstairs. As for the others, they woke up hearing it. 

"What's up?" Jeonghan asked, approaching the door. 

"Jihoon locked himself in to work on the song." Wonwoo ran his hand through his hair. "He's done this before, but it still makes me worried."

Back when Jihoon and the kids were still staying at the orphanage, occasionally Jihoon would lock himself in a small room to work. It wasn't always music, he did so with homework when it seemed too much. But then, Wonwoo couldn't stay and nobody else would take care of the kids so Jihoon would come out of hiding in a few hours.

Assuming the sticky note saying do not disturb was there since last night, its been more than a few hours. Listening through the door, they couldn't hear much, but if you pay attention real close, there was some keyboard clicking from time to time. 

"He probably can't hear us if he's using the headphones Seungcheol got him, especially now that there's a door between us."

Jun leaned against the wall, holding the phone to his ear. "Cheol hyung, your cute baby locked himself in his room."

Seungcheol was out cleaning up stuff at his office. "What did you say?"

"Know where the spare key is?"

"It's taped on the underside of the 3rd shelf in the cabinet on the right of the sink in the kitchen."

"'kay thanks, see ya soon~" Jun ended the call. "I'll go get the key~."

"Wait!" Wonwoo stopped him. "I think it's better if we leave him..." He hesitated as he spoke. If Jihoon succeeds in doing what he wants to do, his mood would improve for several days; Jihoon was just that innocent.

Jeonghan nodded. "I know what you're thinking. How 'bout we do this? For how much longer will you let him be like this, what is the limit?"

Wonwoo thought for a while. "...he's been at it since last night, I....how about until lunch..."

"Okay. At least he should keep his meal time right."

"I'll still get the key out." Jun said, and he left.

--------------

Pulling the door open in a rush, Seungcheol came to an abrupt stop. Fixing himself up, he shut the door nicely, took off his shoes and put them away properly, slipped into his indoor slippers properly, and passed the children in the living room.

"Morning my cutie pies~" he said cheerily. 

"Good morning~" they sang back. 

"Breakfast is ready, so once that episode is done, please come to the dining room~" 

"yessss~~"

Speed walking to the kitchen, he placed the breakfast he bought haphazardly on the counter and continued to speed walk up the stairs.

Wonwoo was just finished the bathroom and caught Seungcheol squishing his face against Jihoon's door.

"Morning hyung."

"You guys didn't get the key?"

"We did, but we also decided that it might be best if we left him alone. Jihoon is a simple person, if things go the way he wants, he's happy. If it doesn't, there was once a time when that happened, and he was daydreaming the rest of the day. He doesn't say anything but he gets upset."

"Oh...." Wonwoo patted Seungcheol's shoulder in passing, going back to his room. "it's okay, I'll get him out at lunch."

Seungcheol nodded in understanding, but he was still worried. Sticking his ear against the door, he listened for any sound. Hearing some paper flipping and some keys clicking, he was reassured that Jihoon was still alive in there.

------------

It was getting close to lunch time, the others have organized the table and helped the children into their seats. Wonwoo went up the stairs with the key, ready to open the door.

Seungcheol, who sat outside Jihoon's door the whole time, glanced up and saw him. He frowned, realizing Jihoon has already been in there until their allotted time. 

"...I hope he won't stay upset for too long..."

"Should I do it? I can take the blame." Jun said. If anyone was to take the blame, Jun thought it would be better if it was himself, since the others have a deeper emotional connection with Jihoon, the grudge might last longer.

Without waiting for the others, he took the key from Wonwoo's hand and moved to the door. Seungcheol was about to get up, when there was a click.

The door opened, and Seungcheol who wasn't prepared, fell backwards through the doorway.

'Oof!' Looking right up, a pair of glittering eyes looked back down.

"Hyung?" Jihoon's soft voice spoke.

"Jihoon!" Seungcheol scrambled onto his feet and pulled Jihoon out from his room for a hug.

Jihoon rubbed his eyes from the sudden brightness. "Hyung?" he said again, not minding the bear hug.

Wonwoo grinned from the side, reaching a hand over to rub Jihoon's messy hair. 

"You finally came out. Did you finish what you wanted to do?" 

"Ungh."

"That's good to hear. Let's have lunch then."

------------

Sitting at the table, everyone was finishing up with their food and leaving the table. Jihoon was still sitting there, blinking his eyes slowly, hand still holding his utensils. 

"Jihoonie?" Seungcheol called. Jihoon lifted his head towards the direction of the voice. "Ungh?"

"Are you still eating?" 

"Ungh."

"Are you sure?" Jihoon nodded. He shoved another spoon of rice in his mouth. He chewed for a bit but began nodding off again.

Seungcheol wanted to pinch his cheeks but held back. "Come'on Jihoon. You can eat again later if you're hungry. Go to bed."

Jihoon shook his head, but Seungcheol wouldn't budge. "If the kids see you like this, they will worry. You should at least nap, so that you can care for them later."

".....ungh."

"Good boy."