27. Wonwoo Pt.2

This is the Choi Family

The woman wrenched her arm out of Seungcheol's grip. Shoving her purse into the man's arms, she rolled up her sleeves. "Who are you? What makes you think you can stop me? I'm his mother! Step aside!!" She moved to push Seungcheol away but he didn't move. Wonwoo stayed behind Seungcheol, suddenly timid. Seungcheol noticed the change in Wonwoo's demure and held Wonwoo further away from his mother. 

"Ma'am, this is a public hospital and you are making a scene." 

The woman scoffed at him and crossed her arms. "Yah, this guy things he is something. Since you are here, you're here for that autistic thing aren't you? Get lost you sick bastard!" Seungcheol could handle threats coming at himself but he wasn't going to stand for people hurting his family. 

"Ma'am, I tried to settle this quietly and you're not cooperating." With a snap of a finger, a nurse came rushing in, following her a trail of bodyguards. "Take them out of this hospital." The woman scoffed. 

"They won't listen to you, I own this place!" It was Seungcheol's turned to scoff. 

"Last time I checked, your last name wasn't Choi." Pulling out a business card, he slipped it into the woman's hand and watched her reaction. "Pleasure meeting you Mrs. Jeon, but too bad we have to part this way. Guards!!" 

Her face morphed in shock as the bodyguards grabbed her by the arms and moved to take her out. The man didn't fight it, only trailing behind silently. Once they were out of the room and down the hallway did Seungcheol turn to check on Wonwoo. "We're going to ice the new bruise. Now you look like a real gangster chap. Those cuts weren't enough." Seungcheol joked, lightening the mood and gave a friendly clap to Wonwoo's shoulder. Wonwoo nodded in appreciation, snapping out of it and turned back to Jihoon who slept through the whole ordeal. 

Brushing Jihoon's bangs from his face, Wonwoo sighed. He figured it was better to tell Seungcheol what's going on in his family as well. "As you saw, my family is also pretty big in the money hierarchy." Wonwoo gave his second long explanation of the day, both of topics he wasn't fond of. 

His parents own the Jeon Trading Business, a company that owns shares in a variety of companies. Sadly his mother is the dominant one, the husband answering to her whims ever since they found out that she couldn't conceive anymore. Wonwoo, the only child in the family was set to take over the business. Unfortunately some events happened and Wonwoo was deemed incapable of taking over, and received a lot of unfair treatment. He also had the story of his being a year behind for his age but that was for another time. 

Seungcheol sighed, an overwhelming bitterness seeped into his features. If 2/2 "rich" families behaved like their kids were pawns, what about all the other ones? Surely they were also as stuck up and forceful with their children. 

"I just want to live life as simple as possible. Be with the people that make me happy, do what I want to do. Why, do I have to be born in a middle-high class family." Wonwoo breathed out lowly, a whisper meant for himself, but Seungcheol could hear it in the quiet room. He couldn't say anything. Mankind is born to want and want, its selfish. They end the conversation there and sat together waiting for Jihoon to wake.

------------

One thing Wonwoo wasn't going to tell Seungcheol was his secret with Jihoon, Woozi. The materials needed to make Woozi come from Wonwoo's allowance that he painstakingly saved. The only benefit of being a "rich" kid. A bigger allowance. His mother gave him the sum to flaunt to his friends, but all he ever did was buy equipment for Jihoon. Obviously, she wasn't happy with the discovery. Once she found out that her son was playing with music, she wasn't mad, maybe a bit upset, since he wasn't doing math or spending that allowance the way she wanted. But she blew up in flames once she found out he was making music WITH Jihoon. She threw a fit and destroyed most of the equipment, nothing a little more saving can't buy. The only problem was her locking him up so he couldn't go to Jihoon's side, only going to school and monitored at break and lunch to stay away from him. Only by promising to do anything she said did she remove the eyes and let him stay out more often. 

Jihoon doesn't know this. He doesn't know to what extent Wonwoo went to keep at his side.

Since then, he took better care in hiding the equipment and his interactions with Jihoon. Only by the trees on the outskirts of campus, the empty classroom, at Jihoon's home, almost nowhere public.