26. Wonwoo

This is the Choi Family

Jihoon was to be kept in the hospital for 24 hour watch, just in case for the concussion and to quell Seungcheol and Wonwoo's worrying hearts. The doctor explained that the seizure like response was probably a reaction to the pain that Jihoon couldn't comprehend due to his condition, which comforted the boys a little but they still worry plenty. Wonwoo had fallen asleep at Jihoon's side, Seungcheol's larger coat on his shoulders as a make shift blanket. Seungcheol stepped out after checking on the 2 once more. Picking up his phone to check the time, a little past lunch time, he finally remembered to call Joshua.

"Hey Josh, is Jun and Hoshi still there?"

"Yep, what's up? I see your blip at the hospital, is something wrong?" Hah, leave it to Joshua to stalk his whereabouts. Why did he allow Joshua to have his location again? Right. His drinking habits from long ago. Shaking his head in fondness, he cleared his throat and started again. "So you know I'm in the hospital, but you don't seem very worried?" Joshua chuckled. "Watched as you left the company and head to the hospital on your own. You're not hurt at all, my spider senses say so." 

"Yikes, you stalker. Anyways put me on speaker phone." Once he got the okay, he laid out the situation. "So Jihoon is in the hospital, some school bullying is happening. I'd like to know about the school, isn't that school under some contract with my parent's company or something?" Jun's voice came clearly through the receiver. "I can get that info easily. Why do you need to know about it?" Seungcheol grit his teeth and spoke quietly. "I need blackmail material." He then addressed the other things they need to know. He would've liked to say these things in person, but the situation is urgent and he isn't really willing to leave 2 high schoolers in the hospital. "I've asked Jun to come here to get more than just that info. As you know, I'm being married to Yoon Jeonghan for business purposes. I don't want that to happen, I don't want to marry someone who has hurt Joshua. But as it is going, it seems its going to happen. My parents are holding my company reputation at stake, the only thing they let me make on my own, as a pawn. 

Another thing that we need to look into is the adoption of the kids into my family. My parents sounded really suspicious whenever they address them, saying things like they aren't connected to me at all and things. I don't know whats actually going on, but I don't like what my parents are keeping from me. It's a gut feeling. We need to know all the legal things to ensure their protection. I haven't been with them long, but I'm sure I want to protect them. 

In total, I need info on my parents, the Yoons, and the school. We need a plan to break the engagement, take my parents off my back, and protect the kids." Jun agreed as soon as he heard the entire situation, setting to work getting his connections. Joshua volunteered to go pick up the kids and watch them for a day, Hoshi joining in for an extra set of hands. 

Seungcheol returned to the room, seeing Wonwoo pacing at the foot of Jihoon's bed. "Wonwoo? Is something wrong?" Wonwoo bit his lower lip, setting a wrinkle in his brow before exhaling. "My parents caught wind of what happened at school. They are coming over right now." Seungcheol nodded, understanding the parent's heart of worrying for their son who's in the hospital. "That's sweet of them." Wonwoo shook his head, carding his fingers through his black  hair. "No, ....no. They are going to flip out. It's not sweet." Pacing faster, he switched to biting his thumb. "They don't like me hanging out with Jihoon." Seungcheol stood by Jihoon's bed, frozen, not understanding. He was about to ask why when the door was ripped open and a woman rushed in. She wore fancy brand clothes and thick makeup, and the man that followed in shortly was in a clean cut suit busy talking on the phone. Already, Seungcheol felt confused. 

They looked super different than Wonwoo. He watched as the woman stalked straight up to Wonwoo, who was looking at the ground, hands by his sides. What Seungcheol didn't anticipate is the harsh slap that landed on Wonwoo's cheek. His neck was twisted sharply to the side, a wince on his lip as the bandaged cut on his cheekbone split again. Wonwoo didn't move, he looked straight back at the ground. 

"You stupid imbecile! How could you cause a ruckus at school?! I've told you time and again not to hang out with that retard!" She yelled straight into his face. Seungcheol was dumbfounded. Was this what parenting was suppose to be? It didn't seem too different from what he has seen in himself, and it wasn't making him feel any better. "Ma'am-" "You shut up!! Can't you see I'm busy right now?!" The woman cut off Seungcheol. Wonwoo shot Seungcheol a glance, telling him to back down. Seungcheol couldn't understand his intention but obeyed. The woman continued to batter Wonwoo with words, poking one of her long fake nails into his chest, but Wonwoo did nothing to defend himself. "If I get one more complaint about you from school, you know what's going to happen. I'll send you away." Wonwoo snapped at the threat. "You can't force me to leave Jihoon!! You'll never make me!!!" He yelled back, fire in his eyes. Nobody can take him away from Jihoon. "You little-!!!!" The woman raised her arm to swing at Wonwoo again. Seungcheol's gaze darted from Wonwoo to the 'mother' to the man behind who only stood there watching, long done with his phone call. Seeing as supposed 'father' wasn't going to step in, he moved. Catching the arm mid-swing, Seungcheol stood in front of Wonwoo. He couldn't see it but Wonwoo was just as shocked as himself at his actions. "Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to stop."