96. CHANGE UP pt.2

This is the Choi Family

Wonwoo hurried towards home, the bus stopped just 2 blocks away. "Wonwoo-ya!" Whipping his head around, he found Jun calling after him, plastic bags in hand.

"I got all the cleaning supplies Joshua asked for, but there isn't ant bait in this store."

"Nice! Well, there's a few home remedies we can try. Let's head back first."

"Right, if it doesn't work, I'll go with my car to a bigger store."

Running the last few steps, the entered the house. Upon entering, Wonwoo was bombarded with lots of noise.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" "Look at it go!!!" "NOOOOOOOOO"

.....Yikes. Poor Joshua and Jeonghan. Quickly rushing over to help, Wonwoo picked up a kid in each arm and ran off towards one of their rooms. "Please babies, don't cry. you're making your hyung sad." Without waiting for a response, he left them and went to pick up another 2 and returned. "Ok, Hansol, Seungkwan, Myungho, Seokmin, ssssshhhhhh."

Mingyu was hugging Chan close still out in the living room near Joshua, but he wasn't making any noise so Wonwoo decided he was fine where he was. Wonwoo closed the door to let the others outside do what they need to do.

-----------------

"Thanks Jun, what did you get?" Like he told Wonwoo, he told Jeonghan the same. "That's okay, I wasn't sure about the ant bait anyway, ssince we have Chan in the house. I don't want to accidentally use something toxic."

Taking a look at baby Chan, he was sitting happily in Mingyu's arms. "BA-!"

"Yup you cutie~ uncle is here~!" Jun cooed. Joshua shook his head at his antics and grabbed the cleaning supplies and got to work. "Oh yea! When I told Wonwoo about the ant bait, he said something about home remedies."

"He finally took the kids off our hands, I won't want to bother him more, let's just look it up online."

"Yea, I wasn't sure if I could just lift them away without agitating them, since I;m still fairly new to them." Jeonghan said. "I guess I still have a lot to learn about them."

"Mhm. I couldn't have done any better, since I had to call him here, interrupting their session." Joshua responded. Even though they had years over Wonwoo and the children, they weren't any wiser than a man child. The respect they have towards Jihoon and Wonwoo continue to grow.

"I'll go check on him, there's more hands than we need to clean this mess." Giving a good rub to Mingyu's head and a flying kiss for Chan, Jun left to join Wonwoo.

Mingyu turned Chan around to face him. Holding onto his tiny hands, he moved them around, attracting Chan's attention. "Chan-ah, hyung is so proud of you for not crying. you're such a good boy."

"Hyuuu?"

"Mhm, hyung is so happy. Hyung doesn't like hearing your brothers cry."

"No cwyinnn!"

"That's right! We're not crying!"

---------------

"Jihoon, do you think you can sing for us?" Hoshi asked. Ever since hearing Jihoon's Simple, he really wanted to hear his singing in person. "Ah! You don't have to if you can't...we can schedule a different day with Wonwoo...."

Jihoon had to think about it. He had made the whole song with intentions for Hoshi to sing it, but since he's the only producer working on it, he couldn't make the changes as fast. Having Wonwoo was like a blessing, and Hoshi agreed that Wonwoo should sing it. He himself didn't have the confidence, but Wonwoo trusted that he could do it and left. 

"......"

"....I can try it for right now....if it's okay?" Hoshi said, noticing the troubled looked on Jihoon's face. Hearing Hoshi's hesitance, Jihoon felt a bit hurried and began picking at his sleeve. Should he do it or not? 

Seungcheol noticed his behavior and stepped in. "Hoshi-ya you can finish recording the other parts first. We can talk about this later."

Hearing Seungcheol have to step in for him, Jihoon again felt agitated. "I-I..."

"It's okay Jihoon we can always talk about this later." 

"No! I- I can do it!" Ah, he should have held back. "Wait, n-no, I..."

"Jihoon?" Seungcheol leaned over to take a better look at his expression. "Jihoon, calm down. Are you okay?"

If he couldn't do this, then he can't grow as a person. "I-I'm okay. I can do it." Wonwoo would only think the best for him. It will be okay.

"Then is it okay if we finish up with Hoshi first?" Seungcheol confirmed with Hoshi then Jihoon. Hoshi felt lost in this situation, but nodded to show it was okay with him. 

"Mhm."

Getting back to work, Hoshi calmed himself down and sang. Jihoon also focused and directed. Seungcheol watched carefully over Jihoon and helped when Hoshi asked about rapping.

--------------

"Man this is going to be great!" Hoshi squealed. "I can already feel it~!!!"

"Yup, I agree. But first things first, I think you should listen to this part. You can do better here. Remember to enunciate." Seungcheol said, pulling Hoshi back from flying off into the clouds. 

"Oooookkaaaayyyyy but Jihoon-ah, what did you think about that part? Do you think the same?"

"....it's ...s-something's m-missing..." 

"Fiiiiinnnneeeee I'll do it agaiiinnnnn."

They go over it a few times but it still didn't meet Jihoon or Seungcheol's standard.

"Can't you try to hit these points?"

"I'm trying!"

"It's still not it..." Seungcheol and Hoshi began arguing, Jihoon was getting a bit scared. "H-hyung...?"

"If you're so dissatisfied with it, then why don't you do it!" Hoshi yelled.

Silence. 

Jihoon looked back and forth between Hoshi and Seungcheol. Seungcheol looked surprised. Jihoon expected Hoshi to look angry or upset, but he looked just as suprised.

"THAT'S IT!!!" Hoshi exclaimed. Jihoon thought he was done with recorded and was about to step it. "You do it! Seungcheol hyung, you rap!"

"....What? Do you hear yourself? Me? Rapping? PFT naaaaaawwww...." Seungcheol said, completely in disbelief.

"I'm not kidding. I can do this much, in this short amount of time. Jihoon already said he's going to help me here, so all that's left is you! You rap this part!"

"I...I haven't rapped in a good while, I'm not good."

"I'm throwing the same words back at you. Do you hear yourself? This isn't a test or anything, you have muscle memory like swimming and riding a bike! You can totally do this!"

"You really want me to do it?"

"Who else is named Choi Seungcheol in this room?"

"....I don't know." Seungcheol took a peek at Jihoon. They changed the parts Jihoon had designed not once but now twice, he didn't know if Jihoon would like it. "Jihoon? What do you think?"

"I....hyung y-you can t-try first."

Receiving the okay, he trudged over to the recording room and kicked Hoshi out. "I'm just trying, okay? Don't expect too much out of me."

Repeating the lines Hoshi couldn't make, he finished them cleanly but looked away from Jihoon and Hoshi, disappointed in himself. "You know what, this isn't right. I don't like it."

"Be quiet and get evaluated by our producer Woozi first!" Hoshi gestured to Jihoon. "How is it, PD-nim?"

"I-It was g-good. J-just more h-happy tone." Jihoon said, giving Seungcheol the thumbs up.

"....really? I didn't like it at all." 

"You just need to have more confidence~ and look, the lyrics are so nice, you need to do them justice!"

"You really sure? This is you're song."

"Bruh, it ain't just my song, it's Woozi's, it's Jihoon's, it's your's too! I'm totally fine with it. We all love music here, don't hesitate man."

"...thanks."