101. Circumstances

This is the Choi Family

While Jihoon was busy fixing his hair and the others were busy laughing, Jeonghan wasn't in such a happy mood. Brain working faster than ever, he came to one conclusion.

"I can't make your video."

"Right-huh? No?" Hoshi snapped his head in Jeonghan's direction. "Why?"

Ever since Jeonghan was separated from his obsessive father, he's been slowly finding his own place. He finally picked video editing, and he is enjoying it, starting off small. For this line of work, a contract is made between the client and him, like a freelancer. On those contracts, he can't help but stare at one point. His own name. 

Everything else about his job is amazing, he has a nice agent, he enjoys what he is doing, but anything that involves his name, he couldn't help but frown. He dislikes- Jeonghan won't admit that he hates- his own last name. Seungcheol helped him break away from his father, Joshua took him away from that prison-like place, he was completely cut off from that world, yet this one shackle holds him down.

"I don't want my involvement to become a headline. Just look at me, I'm just the son of the Yoon family that went under. My name...will cause you trouble."

"What do you mean? This is the entertainment business, you can use an alias of your choosing." Hoshi said. "Just look at me."

"I... it's a little different."

There was a knock on the door. Jeonghan opened it for he was closest, and Jun came in. "Sorry guys, I shouldn't be eavesdropping, but I have something to add to this."

Closing the door behind him, the room became silent.

"I know you all are having fun with this project, and I hate to burst your bubble, but Jeonghan is right."

"What do you mean?" Wonwoo asked. "I don't understand what's going on anymore."

"Regarding the news about Seungcheol's brother, all the trails I've traced lead to Mr. Yoon." One sentence dropped the temperature of the room. "I have checked thoroughly, it's not someone else putting the blame on him, it's the man himself. And I have another piece of news. Jeonghan might want to sit down for this."

Jihoon obediently got off his seat and pulled Jeonghan down on it.

"Mr. Yoon is out of jail." 

Hoshi's jaw dropped. Seungcheol's brows furrowed. Wonwoo's eyes widened. 

Jeonghan bent over and held his face in his hands.

Jun looked sympathetically at Jeonghan before continuing. "I had some of my people go check on him, and all the records say he's still in there, but for the whole time, he hasn't been accepting visitors. Once this was brought up to the higher ups, they checked the officers in charged and had arrest almost all of them. Upon checking on Mrs. Yoon, she had no clue of the situation, but could guess what had happened once she found out who we were." Jun frowned but continued.

"She warned us to be aware of our surroundings, that Jeonghan is....bad luck."

Seungcheol paced in the little space he had. "Wait, so, ......Mr. Yoon is out of jail, god knows where he is,......and he was the one who pulled my brother into this." Running a hand through his hair, he clenched his teeth. "And that's why you don't want Jeonghan to get involved?"

"It's for both your company, and Jeonghan's safety, that we don't go through with this."

Wonwoo stayed silent on the side. He wasn't directly involved in this project so he could only stay quiet.

"....I won't make your video." Jeonghan mumbled through his hands. 

"We understand. Once the situation gets better, we can work together then." Hoshi comforted.

"....I'll be leaving first." Jeonghan got up slowly and left the room. Jun followed right after handing Seungcheol the tablet with the details.

The atmosphere in the room turned gloomy and it was making Jihoon nervous. Seungcheol could only put on a faint smile while putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. 

"Your music is amazing. I'll be sure to find the best to make the video." Having nothing more to say, this little meeting ended.

--------------

While Jeonghan was leaving, everything running through his head was getting louder and louder. Jun seemed to be talking to him, and he thinks he told him that he wanted to be alone. Walking quickly to his own room, he closed the door and flopped on the bed. Burrowing under his blanket, he covered his ears with his pillow.

What is his father going to do?

Is he going to look for him?

Will he hurt the people around him?

Is he really unlucky?

Maybe he should leave?

It's probably better for him to leave-

"Jeonghan?" A voice sounded beyond the door. A knock followed. "Jeonghan, I know you aren't feeling well. I'm coming in."

It was Joshua. Taking a peek at the door, he could see Jun leaving. Jun must of brought Joshua here.

Joshua looked at the lump on the bed. Moving closer, he narrated all his movements in order to not startle Jeonghan. "I'm going to sit on the bed now."

Sitting next to the Jeonghan shaped lump, Joshua hesitated to do more. He wasn't Jeonghan's significant other at this moment, so he didn't know if reaching for him was crossing the line. Sighing to himself, Joshua could only stay with him. 

"You know, despite being adults, we're quite pathetic aren't we?" Joshua quietly spoke, his eyes looking down at his hands on his lap. 

"Isn't Jun so amazing? He knows so much and is so helpful, his entire career was made by himself. 

We're on the same standing as him, conglomerate heirs with a lot of pocket money to spend daily.

Yet here we are, incapable of solving our own problems."

Joshua decided to place a hand on Jeonghan's back. Tapping as if soothing a child, he continued talking.

"On that note, look at Jihoon. Abandoned and alone, he raised others when there was no one to raise him. He also built his relations from scratch. 

Aren't these people amazing? They are all so lucky to have one another.

Then there's you. Your family caused trouble for you, you were saved by Seungcheol and Jun. I'm not poking your wounds on purpose, I'm just stating the...facts. It's not a bad thing to have others help you from time to time. It's a good thing that there are people that want to reach out to you.

Anyway, you got back up on your feet, now you're freelancing on the internet.

Then there's me.

I came back to Korea for a....visit. I haven't told the others this. I wasn't suppose to stay. What made me stay was because I found out.... that you were here.

Stubborn, aren't I?

Seungcheol seemed intent on me staying, I wasn't planning on leaving, I told him I was expanding my business here. Sure enough, I did expand my chain here, but that was only an excuse.

I know you might not look at me the same as before, especially from the way we parted, but I didn't want to give up without trying, and I plucked up the courage to confront you when Seungcheol told me of your arrangement.

I know, I must of been very stupid looking. Yelling in a public place, threatening to make you stay. Talking like I didn't care anymore. Yet I still came looking for you."

"....you came."

"Hmmm?"

"You helped me too. You took me away from that place." Jeonghan finally spoke up.

"Right, I drove a car and picked you up. That's all I did. Nothing much, really."

Jeonghan wanted to protest, but Joshua didn't seem to be done.

"I'm pathetic. I'm so pathetic that I'm satisfied with just living under the same roof as you. 

Jun told me somethings. You don't like your name? It's because of your last name right? But, I think a little differently. It's probably because I hangout with music junkies, but alias isn't a bad thing. Then again, people like learning about the face behind the mask, like Woozi.

There's just one thing I disagree with. That your name is beautiful. I don't care which district's Yoon you came from, but being a simpleton who can read Hangul and barely any Hanja, from the moment I met you until now, you've been my lucky(운) Jeonghan."

Jeonghan couldn't help feeling stunned. Did this man just pull a pun with my name? Maybe Jeonghan should smack some sense into him.

"Sorry sorry. I couldn't help it. 

 

 

If you really don't like your last name, if I still have a chance with you, won't you change your last name with mine?"