Special: Hoshi and Soonyoung

This is the Choi Family

Hello everyone~! I was going through comments and saw that they wanted more Hoshi and Jun with the children and I've been wrecking my brain to find a good opportunity to do it. According to what I have planned out, Jun will get his time with the children, please be patient :)

As for Hoshi, his interactions are rather limited, so! This is a 50th chapter special dedicated to the best dancer! I can't spoil the story too much, so here is all about Soonyoung!!! Enjoy~ <3

-------------

Kwon Soonyoung. 

Born in a poor family, his life was always hard. His parents were always busy, working to provide enough for him and never had enough time to stay around. Despite having both parents working, they worried about having enough money for the future so they were very frugal. Soonyoung didn't get new toys like all his same age friends, he didn't even get new supplies for school. 

Since he was young he didn't mind. He didn't mind that he had less than his friends, he was happy with the way he lived. Only when he went to his friend's house did he notice the huge gap. His friend wasn't rich, he was maybe about the same but he had toys. He didn't get the latest models that everyone who had money raved about, but at least he had something despite being a couple years old. That day, Soonyoung asked his parents if he could have toys. Those building legos, was it? Those blocks that could let his imagination run and never get bored of.

They said no. No wasting money.

He never asked again. He understood, his family couldn't afford it, he told himself. That's okay. Only babies play with toys anyway. It was like this all the way through elementary, through middle school. Entering high school, everyone had smart phones and nice gadgets. Since his parents were doing better, they were living in a better house with newer furniture and since they never bought anything for him, he could ask for a phone at least. This was when they began calling themselves middle class. They had enough money and their son was growing up. They needed their place in society to be heard so the moment their son asked for a phone, they bought him the best latest model smart phone.

It was then Soonyoung though, ah my family can finally afford things. Without asking him, his parents bought nicer clothes, nicer accessories, nicer everything. Soonyoung though nothing of it, but more and more, they began trying to mold him. More and more he wanted to stay out. Soonyoung followed a few of his friends around town everyday, just to keep from going home and being suffocated again. He liked the attention, he really did. But it's getting a bit much, he wouldn't have minded if this was when he was younger, but he can't go back in time. 

One day he ran out of the house on a weekend and wandered in the school neighborhood. Passing a bakery, passing a cafe, he was stopped by a person at a dance studio. "Got nothing to do? How about trying our free workshop?" The stranger's sunshine smile drew him in and he decided since he really had nothing better to do, why not try. 

Everyday from then on, after school he would visit the dance studio. He practiced, he danced, he made a few new friends. A year passed and his dance instructor was leaving. "Hoseok hyung, are you really leaving?" he asked his mentor, his savior. "Mm, I'm going back my hometown is in Gwangju, south of Namyangju. I'll come by and visit when I can ok?" Soonyoung grumbled, but he knew that his favorite hyung was only here for the year. "Come every weekend. I'll make sure you never forget me." 

His parents never told him off for leaving the house, but they demand that he comes home on the days that they go to functions. Some time without Soonyoung's notice, his family had become middle-high class. Dressing up according to his mother's taste, he went to those parties as their idiot son. "Oh, he is the sweetest thing ever. He comes home on time unlike those rowdy kids who stay out without a word." Lies. "My son is very smart, he's just not showing it in class so he could stay with his friends." More lies. He was okay at studying, not very good like his father said. "He is just the sweetest thing." The moment that he gets to run away from the adults, he stands by the back wall, waiting for it all to end. 

Someone else was standing there today, and the boy didn't look much happier than himself to be here. Since his spot was taken, what's the harm in sharing? "You don't like these function either?" The boy snapped his head in his direction, shocked that someone was talking to him.  "Uh, yea I don't like them. I assume you don't like it either?" He answered after a pause. Soonyoung was amused by him and stood next to him. They made small talk.

"This seems weird but we've been talking for a while but I'm Seungcheol. What's your name?"

"My name's Soonyoung. Kwon Soonyoung."

Soonyoung learned that his new friend's parents were the ones hosting the party and that Seungcheol didn't like math and business. When asked what he liked to do, he answered passionately; music. Seungcheol rapped online under a persona named S.Coups. He was recently caught by his parents but since he promised to do better in his math and business classes, they left his hobby alone. Soonyoung quickly caught interest and they began their length conversations about music. Starting a Youtube channel, Soonyoung was encouraged by Seungcheol to show the world his dance. It's just a pastime, why not share your passion with the world? They came up with a name for him together. 

"How about Hoshi? In Japanese it means star. In Korean it means a tiger's gaze. I like how fierce your eyes look when you're focused on your dancing. I want you to be a star, burning brighter than all those around you." Seungcheol suggested. Soonyoung loved it. Since then, he preferred going by Hoshi than Soonyoung.

"One day, if you make an entertainment company in your business ventures, hire me as a choreographer." 

"Will do bud."

And like Seungcheol promised, his company was made and Soonyoung was hired. He had moved out of his parent's house away from their grasps the moment he had a stable income and lived alone. With the money he made, he saved it, much like his parents. Occasionally his parents would call him back to family gathers, which he didn't mind as much, his cousins all younger than him. He'd go shopping for gifts for them, little clothing, little toys. He'd wander in the toy section for longer than he should but those Legos were just so cool. He lived alone, away from eyes, it wouldn't hurt to have something like that.

For the next few trips to the store, he bought Lego kits for himself. He couldn't get them as a child, he can now buy them for himself. He'd build them and display them in the spare room in his apartment. He enjoyed them a lot. It was like returning to his childhood. But a nagging feeling in his brain kept calling it childish. He was already more than 20 years old. What was he doing, playing with children's toys. The public would look pointedly at him. It's not like others would find out, the room was locked whenever someone came over. He knew he shouldn't be ashamed of his obsession with toys, but it just nagged at the back of his head. 

When Seungcheol's family grew by a number of 7, he was just as shocked as his he friend. He visited the children, he loved them. They were so cute, waddling around, playing with their toys. In someways it made him a bit jealous. But in someways he felt relived. They were happy even without parents. Returning home, he visited his room of displays. Giving them sad smiles, he packed them all up. He saw that the children didn't have Legos, just building blocks that had lots of chew marks from their younger days. This way he didn't have to throw away his Legos. The next time he visited, he brought tons of gifts. The children loved it. Mingyu held the Lego plane and ran around with it, leading little Seokmin and Myungho around the house in a chase full of giggles. Watching the children have fun warmed his heart.

As for the ones that he couldn't take apart, he gave them whole, Wonwoo helped him put them in higher places as decoration, so the children couldn't accidentally smash them. The children crowded into him, throwing themselves all over his squatted body. "Thank you Hoshi samchon~!!!"