46. Hurry

This is the Choi Family

Sitting in his makeshift office, Jun was reading over the information that his team sent him, a summary with all the children who have entered the country illegally not written in the entry papers from the port of Sokcho. Since the day he received his sister's letter, he had it sent to forensics to determine the date she wrote it and centered the team to get all the information they can on that time period, a couple months before and a couple months after. Since they were stationed in Korea, he had to wait until he returned to China before he can access the security footage from the other end. In addition, he had no idea which port his sister left from, a mystery they can solve after they find the right child. After days of speeding through security camera footage, the team came up with only 3 children within the time frame that were uncounted for.

From the reports the officials who keep the record of what comes in and out of the country from that port, there was a record of 12 unregistered children being admitted into the country. With a little looking into his sister's bad boyfriend, it wasn't hard to find his blood type, which is very useful in narrowing down the children. Matched with his sister's blood type of O, their child can only be a type O. However, every field research Jun did looking after those children in the orphanage, not a single one was his sister's child; none had the blood type O.  

Left with 3 children caught on camera, he ordered for the children to be found and all their information to be sent to him. "Please send me the footage of the 3 entering the country." His team responded quickly, the information in his inbox only a moment after. Clicking through the footage, he marked down the different ships that came in, even though he knew someone on the team probably had it done for him. The 3 different ships all came from a port in China, all could potentially be his nephew. 

Scrubbing his face with his hand, he sighed and traced the ships back the specific ports and saved the locations to find his sister's last moments with her child in their security footage. Tracing the children was going to be hard, seeing as the children that were marked in entering the country by the port were scattered to orphanages of the people's choosing. With only a video for a lead, they were going to have to use traffic cams to trace the whereabouts of the children. 

Jun sighed to himself and flipped his sister's letter with his fingers. "Jiě... couldn't you have left me some more clues..?"He mumbled into the night. He hasn't been sleeping well since the news of his sister's death, even worse once he learnt of the missing nephew that he was meant to find. If only she hadn't sent away her child and left him with him. It's been years since the child must have drifted through the system, anything could have happened to him. He really hopes that the child is... still alive. 

The letter was written around 2 years ago, and was only forced into his hands one month ago when he last saw her. The child could be anywhere in 2 years time. He worried greatly. Just then, his phone rang. Slowly picking up the phone, the caller id read Seungcheol. "Hello? What's up, Cheol-hyung?" It must of shown too much in his voice for Seungcheol pick up quickly on it. "...If you need someone, me and the boys are still here." Jun hummed in acknowledgement.  

"Thanks, I really appreciate it." Seungcheol chuckled lightly on the other end, knowing Jun wasn't too far down the rabbit hole. "Since I feel like you need it, it is the perfect time to invite you over for a drinking party." Jun scoffed at that. 

"I don't have to remind you that you have children in your house at the moment do I?" He could hear Seungcheol's brain working into realizing that his words were right. "Oh my gawwd, I completely forgot! But wait! It's like almost 3 am in the morning, how about I sneak out with Shua and let's go to a nearby pub? Aye?" Jun could hear it in Seungcheol's voice, the need to drink and get drunk for just the night. Stretching his other arm above his head and double checking the time, he supposes a drink wouldn't hurt. 

"Sure. I'll be over at your place in a moment. Is Shua-hyung still awake?" He could hear Seungcheol dashing to Joshua's room and knocking on the door. Distantly he could hear him asking Joshua if he wants to drink with a sound of agreement. Joshua doesn't drink but he is the best company. "Now that that is settled, see you in a bit bud." "Mhm. See you soon, Hyung."

-------------

Joshua sat there staring at his best friends drinking themselves silly. He grabbed another dried squid and teethed on it listening to their drunken speech. "Cheol hyung... did you kmnow how much I missed youuuuu??" Jun slurred. 

"Noooo I dunno 'bout thatttt....you misss meeee awwweeee~~" Seungcheol cooed back. "I missed you all back at hommeeee." Jun continued. "I neededyou guies when ma sister left meeee...." Joshua poured Jun another glass. He could hear it in Jun's voice that he was going through a rough patch. 

"Come on Jun, we're all here for you now, cheer up."Joshua placated. Jun immediately had a silly grin on his youthful face, squinting at Joshua."Yayyyy~~~Shua- hyung you da besssssstessst!!" Seungcheol also nodded in agreement. 

"I wuv all of youuuuuuu~~" he cooed completely hammered. Joshua only shook his head. "Boys, let's head home before the sun rises, you don't want to scare away the children now do you?" Paying for their drinks and snacks, he put one of Seungcheol's arm over his shoulder and side hugged Jun on his other side before lugging them back to Seungcheol's car. "Let's go home you big babies."