45. His decision

This is the Choi Family

He didn't have much as a child, his dad away making money, his mother making herself scarce. They could have been a normal family if not for his father's sudden of luck and began their snowball towards being one of the top richest families. All of a sudden, his mother was seen outside on the sides of buildings more often than he's seen her in his whole lifetime. Money became a common household item and it began setting him apart from others. Jeonghan didn't ask for much, he didn't need to ask and it was prepared. He finds that his lifestyle changed drastically, and if he wasn't careful, he was going to change just as much. 

Since his father's step into fame back when he was still a high school student, his father was offered by companies for deals and partnerships left and right, and these deals and partnerships began turning into marriage offers and money related friend making. Jeonghan didn't want any of it but since it was the first time in a long time that he saw his father so happy, he agreed to meet people and make friends. Once, another company offered him a scholarship in America, something he accepted immediately. He wasn't forced, he made the decision because the father he knew wasn't the same no more. Seeing as his father was so willing to agree as well, he took the opportunity to runaway for the rest of his schooling days.

And in those escapes, he met Joshua. A wholesome witty guy who was the best English teacher and friend he could ever ask for. Since their first time seeing each other, they clicked immediately, forming a bond lightning fast, dating in a month. Then, his father was only a shadow in the back of his head, he though he could stay with Joshua forever. They spoke of building a chain of cafes all across the world just for the two of them. They travel the nearby beach sharing moments of pure joy. Jeonghan thought he wouldn't mind if he could love Joshua forever and leave his own family.

But then change came again and his father wanted him back. Jeonghan had not said a word about his own family to Joshua, hoping to leave him out of his hectic family situation. His father demanded his return, that he knew about his male lover and threatened to remove Joshua's family from the business world. He continued to argue with his own father over the internet, some confidence he didn't know he had, but the moment he saw the said pictures of him and Joshua and several more of just Joshua and his family, he knew his father was really going to do something. 

He regrets leaving Joshua alone on the beach that day, the only person who loved him for him. Forced into a pawn for his father, he couldn't go back to find him, not that he believed he could get away. Perhaps it was for the better, he reflected, thinking of all the secrets he kept from Joshua and how Joshua had laid his soul bare. Maybe it's better this way, now that the threat on his life was removed by removing himself. Despite knowing all this, he still ached for Joshua. He was disappointed in himself for not explaining a word at their parting, disappearing just like that. 

After giving up on escaping, the first date was Choi Seungcheol. He has heard the name before, and evidently it was from Joshua back then. He was really hoping that it wasn't the case but fate is a cruel thing and Seungcheol was the same exact Seungcheol from Joshua's stories. He didn't want to marry Seungcheol, not at all, and even more so that he is related to Joshua. He didn't want to hurt Joshua more and especially didn't want Joshua to know how he has been doing. And as the story progressed, all the things he didn't want to happen happened. Joshua found out. He wasn't happy. Then he apologized and said he would move on. Jeonghan couldn't take much more of this, seeing but not seeing, protecting but not being there. 

Jeonghan was contemplating his next steps, running away again or continuing to be his father's pawn. Maybe even suicide was an option but just as he was about to make that true, Joshua with his impeccable timing called.

"Hey....I just heard something from Seungcheol and I need to know your opinion." Jeonghan said nothing, just listening to him. "Do... you want to marry my cousin?" He thought Joshua would continue, but it was silent beyond the line. "I don't want to marry Seungcheol." He said with a whisper. He doesn't know what Joshua is planning, but as long as Joshua isn't angry at him or deadpan talking to him, he was going to take it. The other side breathed a sigh before continuing. 

"Seungcheol has a plan to break the engagement between the two of you, and I thought it was only fair that I tell you about it." Joshua told him of how they were going to scare Jeonghan's father into running away. "Why are you telling me all this? Aren't you afraid that I'd tell this all to me father?" Jeonghan asked, unsure of Joshua's motive. Joshua's answer made his day. "I trust you. I trust that you believe in me too."

-------------

Hi everyone~!

I'm back from the other side of the world! So today is a little shorter...(jet lag is a *beep* :D) anyway, I think I'm doing a good job touching each individual story? If not do tell! Love you~ 

BlueMoonStone