73. Seeing more of each other pt.2

This is the Choi Family

Just awhile ago, Wonwoo and Jihoon finally returned to school, only to be stuck at home again today. Today was Saturday, a weekend. For Seungcheol, Joshua and Hoshi, this meant not having to go to work. For Jihoon and Wonwoo this meant no school, but that also meant they had to watch the kids the whole time. And lastly for the kids this meant FREEDOM!!!!

Seokmin was chasing Seungkwan in the yard!

Hansol was laughing so hard at them that he fell backwards on his !

Myungho and Mingyu were kicking the ball back and forth between them, Chan crawling in between chasing the ball.

Again, Joshua wanted to give Jihoon and Wonwoo some free time, so he ordered (yes, ordered) Seungcheol and Hoshi to take them out. Wonwoo declined saying he wanted to work on his project some more and Hoshi readily supported him. Besides, isn't so many kids hard to take care of by yourself? Joshua only shrugged. "You missed your chance. Staying here means I can give you more work."

Hoshi only hoped that today would go smoothly.

Since Seungcheol and Jihoon were left, Seungcheol definitely thought that Jihoon would want to stay too, for the kids. But contrary to his belief, Jihoon was all dressed and ready to go out. 

"Where do you want to go?"

"Grocery store."

"...." 

"?"

".....ok."

---------------

Seungcheol took Jihoon to the supermarket nearby and pushed the cart after Jihoon. "Didn't you and Joshua stock up the fridge just a couple days ago?"

"Ungh."

"And you need to buy all this again?"

"Ungh."

"....Maybe you should buy more so you don't run out?"

"Ah... n-no. W-we go shopping o-often. F-fresh food."

"...mhm."

Defeated, Seungcheol continued to push the cart. Jihoon meticulously picked out vegetables, fresh fish, some pre-washed greens, some frozen goods, moving on to the dry section. Each and every item was scrutinized; for each and every item, the expiration date was checked, he made sure to check the seals were air tight, the production dates had to be recent.

Observing the shorter, Seungcheol was quite amused. Jihoon made the same face whenever he read the labels; eyebrows furrowed in concentration, eyes almost going crossed, bottom lip in. If something wasn't to his liking, he would frown. If he found things in one go, his eyes glittered with clarity. 

Jihoon suddenly stopped after putting down the last item in the cart. "Mm? What else do you need?" Seungcheol prompted, wanting to hear what was going on in his pretty head. 

"....done."

"All done? Then let's go check out." Taking Jihoon by the hand and pushing the cart, he put everything on the conveyor belt and checked out smoothly. And just as smoothly, he put everything in the trunk of the car, not letting Jihoon move a muscle. "I'm more muscle than brain, lemme use my muscles."

"Anywhere else you wanna go? The frozen goods are in an igloo, we can stay out for a little longer."

"....."     (._.  )

"...no where?" (   'o') ?

".............." (._.  )

"......Is a cafe okay? We can get snacks for the children...." (=_=   ;)

"....Okay."

------------------

Wondering what kind of cupcake to buy the others, he asked Jihoon. "Which ones do you think they would like?"

Jihoon pondered for awhile but didn't comment on it. Maybe they would get jealous of each other and fight over flavors?

"How does half vanilla and half chocolate sound?" Jihoon was nodding the moment he heard vanilla, so to check again, Seungcheol couldn't help but say it again. "Vanilla?"

( ㆁ_ㆁ) nodnododnodnod*

......cute.

"Wanna eat one now? I'll ask them to package the cupcakes to go." Ordering a coffee and a vanilla latte for Jihoon, they sat and waited for the cupcakes. Jihoon pecked at his cupcake, the joy very visible in his eyes. Seungcheol absent-mindedly stared at Jihoon's expression, his hand automatically lifting the coffee to his lips. "A! Hotttttt......" ....He completely forgot that it was still scalding. Jihoon paused to look at this strange fellow, a little quirk of his lips, before returning to his cupcake. "...Do you enjoy me making a fool of myself?" Seungcheol asked quietly. Should I do something dumb more often? It was almost a smile. 

Jihoon ignored him. Instead, he popped the lid off his own drink and blew on it gently. Taking one more glance at Seungcheol, he looked away again as he sipped his drink carefully. It almost looked like he was mocking him. No no, Jihoon is an angel it must just be Seungcheol's eyes. 

The staff called out Seungcheol's name so he dejectedly went to retrieve the cupcakes. "Have a nice day!"

----------------

Back at home, he helped Jihoon move their groceries to the kitchen, leaving the cupcakes for last. Once Jihoon was satisfied with the organization of the goods, he let Seungcheol call them over. "Children~! Look what me and Jihoonie bought you~!!!!"

SQUEEEE!!!!! CUPCAKESSS!!!!!! Thunderous foot steps and squeals of happiness ricocheted off the walls of their home.