Crazy Host/ess

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was led downstairs by an armed guard. He didn’t miss the gun holstered on his hip. There were guards stationed at every main doorway. He counted fifteen in the house alone. Outside he’d counted ten patrolling the grounds. There were dogs as well. A command house in the front and back of the estate.

“Ah, here he is!”

The man was unfamiliar and Kris was pretty sure he’d remember meeting him because he was handsome, with a worldliness in his gestures and expressions. “Our latest tenant.”

Kris didn't miss that. How long was he expected to stay here? How was this man related to Lilly Kim? They were speaking Chinese He didn't need to be told that he was back in China. He  smelt it in the air. How they got him out of South Korea, he wasn't sure yet. He must have been drugged for the entire journey.

And then the strange dreams about her. They probably did permanent brain damage. Despite all this, he was treated well. The living quarters was spacious and kitted out with a full wardrobe and every personal hygiene product he had back home. Whoever these people were, they have done their homework.

“Welcome home Wu Yifan. Can I call you Yifan? I am Zhang Yifeng. You are familiar with my brother, Zhang Yixing.”

Of course! Kris was immediately on his guard. “If this is about Lee Sung-kyung…”

Yifeng barked with laughter. “I don’t care about her! That’s my brother’s obsession. No, you’re here Yifan because you annoyed the wrong people. Business associates of mine. Im

doinh them a favour and holding onto you.” He waved Kris into a chair, “Sit, sit.” He looked around and then rang the bell incessantly, “Where is she?” he demanded of the butler that serves the first meal? "We have a guest."

“The Madame says she is not hungry.” The butler whispered, keeping his head bowed.

“What?” Yifeng smiled quickly at Kris, he is embarrassed. “Tell her to get her down here,” he whispered furiously, “Or else…” his voice dropped menacingly.

Kris tried to ignore the uneasiness that crept up his legs and along his spine. There was a feeling that at any moment the calm could turn violent. Yifeng clapped his hands and laughed, “My wife,” he shrugged, “You know women. They sulk when you don’t spend time with them. I leave her alone to take care of business. Give her this beautiful home, but she sulks with me.” He shrugged again and suddenly snatched a hot bread roll from the basket and slathered it with creamy butter. Kris was hungry and he almost envied the easy take what I want attitude of Zhang Yifeng.

Yifeng notices him watching and held out the roll. Kris took a healthy bite. Yifeng grinned. “Try this…” he looked around the table, drumming his fingers impatiently as he searched for something. He rang the bell again and jumped up when a server came into the room. “Didn’t I tell you people that I want freshly chopped chilli on the table?”

“Yes Master Yifeng.” The young girl kept her head bowed, she was trembling. Kris wanted to tell him that he didn't need chilli but he's not sure how far his status as a guest extends. 

“Here it is,” the butler set the bright green chilli on the table.

“Ah!!!” Yifeng’s eyes shone, “What an embarrassment. You must excuse them. They are not used to having guests. It is usually just me, my wife, and two brothers.” Kris allowed Yifeng to drop a healthy dollop of chilli onto the bread.

“Delicious,”

The doors to his left swung open and she stormed in, sulky, hot and bothered. Kris clutches the arms of the chair. No, No, No, No, No…

His mind was blank, his throat was dry.

His eyes glazed over.

“Yifan, allow me to introduce my beautiful wife. My Davi.”

“Your Davi?”

“Did you say something?” Yifeng forced her into a chair opposite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter