Confrontation

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Hi everyone, really wanted to give you an update this weekend. Sorry, no pics in this one but I will add some when I get the time. 

I hope you enjoy and continue to support the story.

The engagement party was in full swing on the terrace of the Lee Household and all Consortium members were in attendance, minus Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok, currently on a world tour of Finite’s Hotels and Resorts. 

Kris, Minah and Chen separated after the blow up in the library where Chen accused his best friend of covering for his cheating wife.  Minah begged Chen to listen to her, to which he replied, "I'm done listening to you and you Wu Yifan. Maybe I should divorce both of you," All three were now miserable and Chanyeol, the only one in the know, tried his best by taking care of Yeji. Eventually he handed her off to the nanny and took a much-needed break. He loved Yeji but she was a baby and he knew nothing about babies and what they needed. He liked to do the fun things, like sitting her on his knee and playing her whatever piece he was working on or sneaking her ice cream when the nanny wasn't watching. Now, it felt like he was the parent. 

“What’s with you two?” Arran eyed her best friend and boyfriend. 

“I don’t know? What’s with you for like the last five years?” Kris retaliated with too much force. He stalked off, snatching a drink from a passing waiter. 

Arran turned expectantly to Minah, “Is there something I should know? Baek said you and Kris were alone in the library. What were you guys talking about?”

“Don’t worry chingu, it wasn’t about you.” Arran still looked unsure, “I promise.” She squeezed Arran's hand and nodded in Kris’ direction, “Don’t you think you should speak to him.”

Arran shrugged, “He’ll talk to me when he’s ready.”

Minah lowered her eyes to the floor, “Relationships don't work like that. Take it from me, don’t assume the other person will tell you what’s troubling them. Sometimes, they need you to ask." 

“You sound like an article from Grace!” Arran nudged her, “Hey, why don’t we go out for drinks soon? We can unwind and complain about the men in our lives. I mean Kai muscling us into attending this engagement party? I didn't even know he even knew there was a Consortium rulebook.” she laughed at her own joke. 

Minah released her breath in a quick gush, “You say that, but I’m starting to realise there was nothing to complain about. Kris is amazing but you take him for granted Arran. Doesn’t it bother you that he’s living with…” she looked around, “You know who,” she whispered. “Your incredibly hot boyfriend is sleeping under the same roof as another woman and not just any woman, the girl he used to take care of in high school. I’d be worried if I were you, considering you don’t put out anymore right? When was the last time you guys had ?”

“When was the last time you and Chen had ?” she quipped

“Tousche’” Minah was bitter. The question was, whether she’d ever be intimate with Chen again. The thought made her panic, “I need to find Chen.”

“No quickies in my room!” Arran warned.

***

“We should say hello to Lilly.” Chen advised Kyungsoo and Sehun, “I can see my mother giving us the evil eye.” Sure enough, Lee Jiyeon flicked her head in Lilly and Kai’s direction.

“Fine,” Sehun and Kyungsoo said. One sounded bored and the other sulky. Chen rolled his eyes, “Alright children.” He placed secure hands on their shoulders and guided them forward.

“They’re called the holy trinity.” Kai mocked the three as they approached.

“Why?” Lilly was curious.

“Because without us nothing works," Kyungsoo said plainly. 

“He’s always this modest,” Chen joked.
“Aren’t I though?” Kyungsoo returned smoothly, “Congratulations Lilly. As usual you are beautifully turned out.”

“Yes, congratulations for ensnaring our Jongin,” Sehun added. Kyungsoo tried not to laugh.  Chen shot them warning looks. They’d come to say hello and play nice, not cause a scene.

“After we’re married, he’ll be my Jongin,” Lilly teased back and looked up at Kai with adoration. Kai smiled but it didn’t quite reach his eyes.

Sehun shrugged, “You’re welcome to him. One less job for me.”

“Lilly, why don’t you go speak to my grandmother?” Kai didn’t want her exposed to the ugliness of the Consortium before they’d even tied the knot. Once, all the drama had been enough to scare one girl off. Not again.“Is that what I am to you?” Kai asked once Lilly left. He stepped forward so he was facing off with his younger brother, “A job? All these years, you must really have resented me. I thought you were being a good brother, but I was wrong.”

“Kai!” Chen placed a hand on his arm, but Kai shook him off.

“Stay out of it Chen. I don’t need your quiet diplomacy. Maybe it’s time for this kid to finally get a lesson.”

“And who’s going to give him that lesson? You?” Kyungsoo was incredulous, “Just relax and drink your orange juice.”

Kai turned to Kyungsoo, “Since when are you three insubordinate?”

“Insubordinate?” Chen echoed… “Wow…” he threw up his hands, “I really don’t have time for this . Not when my own house is crumbling around me.” Chen stormed off. Kyungsoo went after him, what had Chen meant just now?

“Nice one. Everyone runs a mile when you open your mouth. Some advice, leave the big words for the grownups.” Sehun turned to leave. Kai caught his arm, “Let go.”

Kai pulled him into the house, past the kitchen and Rau’s office, down the stairs and into the indoor pool area, “How many times do I have to say I’m sorry?” He asked earnestly, "I went about things the wrong way but it makes sense that we transfer Isa. The Lee Household needs the best. You know I'm ri..." 

“Stop now!” Sehun warned and yanked his arm free like he couldn’t bear to be touched by Kai one second longer than necessary.  

“Why do you hate me so much?” Kai asked quietly. Sehun’s eyes widened, “Did it start before my engagement to Lilly?”

“I don’t hate you,” A look of relief washed over Kai's face,  “But I don’t like you much either.” Sehun added, “Why don’t we do this, you stay out of my life and away from everything that’s mine, and I’ll do the same.”

“You realise you’re lett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter