Discovered

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“UURGHHHHHH”

The scream of anguish was followed by a loud crashing.

“I’m sorry, but you have no right to be reading my mail” Tao scolded, “Sung-kyung ssi, that is official Consortium business…” Tao wrung his hands. A habit when he was nervous and he had reason to be because nosy Sung-kyung had found the invitation to the official engagement announcement.

“Why is he doing this?!!!!” Sung-kyung glared at the piece of paper, heavy, beautifully designed, from the desk of Lee Soo-hyuk. Sung-kyung climbed on the couches to get away from Tao who was much taller than her, “This part, here…I am eager for my son to begin this wonderful stage of his life and so I hope you will be there to welcome Lilly Kim into our lives and family…” Tao made a swipe for the invite but she leapt from the couch to a chair, “Why is Lee Soo-hyuk doing this to me?!!!! He used to be so nice. He used to like me!” she pointed a manicured nail at her chest, “He once offered me food. Did I ever tell you?”

Tao placed hands on his knees and was bent over panting, “Please Lee Sung-kyung! Give it back. I have to respond to the Lee Household.”

“Is oppa planning on going? He can't! I would see it a betrayal!!”

“Unless he’s dead by Friday, he’s going.” Tao muttered, “Death and ocean is the only thing allowed to keep one from attending. Now hand it over.” He tried to sound stern but Sung-kyung was already hysterical.

“I have to speak to him. I have to stop him. He’s making a mistake. It should be me! It has to be…me.”

Tao shook his head at her behaviour, “How many times must we go through this. There is a plan…”

“Screw the plan. I want to speak to Kai. Now! If I wait for you people, he'll be married to that wench,” she leapt up and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, “You know where he is. Tell me!”

“If you think I’m going to tell you can ruin everything. You’re crazy.”

“Fine.” Sung-kyung shoved him away, “He must be at work. I’ll go to Lee Corp.”

“Sung-kyung!” Tao raced after her but she beat him to the garage and raced off in one of Yifan's favourite cars,

“Damn it…” he dialled September, “I – No, we have a problem. A big ing problem.”

***

September got off the phone with Tao. She was in the middle of Oracle. Could she get to Lee Corp in time?

She had to try. Song Gaelin would not take any excuses.

Her phone chimed. Tao had posted in their House Master chat group. The group that didn’t have Lee Taemin in it.

“SK heading for Lee Corp. Plan will be ruined. HELP!!!!”

Xiumin was next to post – “Are you ing kidding me? I’m in a meeting with board. Can’t leave now. Someone needs to do something!!!!”

Suho – Out of town. Site inspection with President. September where you at?

September – At Oracle. Leaving now.

Tao – You’re the closest to Lee Corp. I’ll meet you there, but we might be too late

September – I’ll contact Lee Arran. She might be at Lee Corp.

September dialled Arran, “Hi. I received the file on email.” Arran naturally thought she was phoning about her case file September had lifted from the campus security system that morning.

“Director, are you at Lee Corp?”

“Lee Corp? Uh no. I’m at the building on West with Park Haneul. Haneul ssi is designing the lighting system remember? Oracle, of course, will be awarded the security contract so don’t worry…”

“Thank you, Director. We’ll speak at home.” September hung up. It was times like this she wished they could trust the Lee House Master. September hurried to the elevator. It was taking too long, so she opted for the stairwell.

 

Tao - Tell me you’re on your way! I have traffic!!!!  

Suho – hello, can someone update us?

Xiumin – maybe she should face Kai now. Why not? I mean it’s not like we haven’t spent millions on renovating her store.

Suho – don’t forget the wrath of the Lee Household when they realise we were keeping it all a secret.

Tao – guys, you’re not helping.

 

September had made it to the garage and raced down the rows to her car. Now that defensive driving cert she was always throwing in the Director’s face would be put to the test.

***

Sung-kyung gripped the steering wheel. Lee Corp was before her. Inside was Kai. It was time to march in there and make herself known. It was silly to plan a whole big entrance. Why did she need it. He loved her. Kris had shown her that. If she…her breath caught, stuck in as Kai walked out the front entrance. He was on his phone. Smiling as he listened to something the other person said.

Sung-kyung watched him. Her heart racing.

She needed to do things her way. She got out the car. It was a warm day. Hope was in the air. The trees swayed playfully. Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow tree’s sweet fragrance filled the air.

There was always hope after the rains and she was going to carpe diem the out of it.

She started to walk forward...

Kai was walking toward her, any minute now he’d look up and see her. He’d be shocked. Maybe a bit angry – he always reacted too quickly, but then they’d talk. He’d confess. It would be difficult to cancel the engagement, but rat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter