WE ARE ONE

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo felt like all he’d been doing was running. ing Sehun, all that running up and down. That punk was really capable and that’s why he knew they’d see each other again. He refused to believe that Sehun would give in - he was way too stubborn. 

Something moved on his left. He was sure of it. 

He had to keep going. , now there was something to the right. Figures running through the tall grass, racing to cut him off. 

How many of them? He couldn’t be sure, but he was unarmed. Kyungsoo just had to make it over that hill, over that hill was the flag. 

The shadows drew in closer. He caught a glimpse of their weapons - it could be swords or slashers - guillotine-like weapons. 

*

Arran raced up the embankment and tackled the first hostile in her path. Kris took out the second and third and threw the extra sword to Arran. They saw Kyungsoo running toward the hill and more Federation Guards moving through the long grass. 

Protect oppa,” she ordered Kris.

Kris spun the sword, “With pleasure.” 

*

“Hey Hyung!” Baekhyun cut in beside Kyungsoo, “How’s it going?” 

Kyungsoo skidded to a stop. “How did you get here? Where have you been this whole time?” Kyungsoo saw Hana facing off against the guards, “WAIT…” he pointed at Hana and then at Baekhyun…"Does that mean?” 

Baekhyun nodded eagerly as Kyungsoo realised, “Isa too. Everyone is alive!”  

“You left your girlfriend to fight off all those guys?” Kyungsoo scolded, “I didn’t raise you this way.”  

“She’s not my girlfriend.” Baekhyun blushed, “besides I call it anger management therapy.” 

“Done - Next?” Hana wiped her brow and dumped the weapons she garnered at Baekhyun’s feet. “Spoils of war,” she told them and rubbed her shoulder. 

Kyungsoo studied her with severe eyes, “What do you have to say for yourself?” 

Hana looked at Baekhyun. She’d only found out about this Jung Kyungsoo from the conversations she overheard between the friends. She concluded that Jung Kyungsoo was formidable both in ability and character. When she asked Baekhyun who she should take him to, he said, “take me to Kyungsoo hyung.” 

Hana didn’t say anything but bowed low to show him her extreme respect. 

Kyungsoo sighed, she was stylish, “Well said.” 

“We took out 5 Federation Guards.” Arran and Kris approached. Kris asked for anyone's water. He was still working out the effects of the hallucinogen. Kyungsoo handed over his bottle. 

“6,” Baekhyun boasted on Hana’s behalf. 

“More are on the way.” Taeyoon joined them, “I managed to evade a group on my way up here. They're headed straight for us.” she looked around for Chanyeol. Was he alright?  

“It has to be the endurance and strength test.” Arran studied the sword, she was ready to take on an entire army if it’s what they needed. 

A baby gurgling announced Yeji, Chanyeol and her parents' arrival. Taeyoon hugged Chanyeol. “Hey? Kwenchana?” she nodded, her eyes bright. “Really?” she hugged him tighter.

Chen carried Yeji over to Kyungsoo. “Thank you for keeping Yeji safe.” 

“What are you guys doing standing around?” Kyungsoo demanded angrily, “The flag is that way...Kai is out there alone…” 

“Don’t worry we have Kai covered,” Baekhyun revealed. “Hyung…” 

Kyungsoo shook his head before Baekhyun could say any more, “I don’t want to hear it. I’m going to find Kai. I’m going to stop Taemin…” 

‘Sounds like a Leader to me.” Chen stepped in his path. 

Baekhyun tried again to get through to Kyungsoo, “Don't you remember after you were in that coma and I stayed away from training camp. Who made me go back? Who has always been there to knock me back into reality? Literally” Baekhyun rubbed his jaw, “You stayed with me when I mourned Hyeran. You basically moved into the Song Estate so I would have company.” 

Kyungsoo sighed, "Of course I had to be there Baek. You were conjuring up this fool's ghost."

"I was alive." Kris defended, hurt. 

Taeyoon spoke up, “You could have stopped me and Chanyeol, you could have made it really hard but you accepted our relationship. You didn’t even argue.” Taeyoon placed her hands together, “I’m supposed to be the older one, but you’re the one I turn to.” 

“Back then when I was an outsider, it was you and Sehun who heard my story and formed the bridge between me and Kai. If it wasn’t for you and Sehun, I might not be standing here today.” Kris admitted, “Thank you for giving me that chance.” 

Kyungsoo pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter