It's Yours

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were getting ready to have dinner. The mood in the house had shifted. Everyone was on edge. The judges could pitch up any day now and it was two days till the Zhang Family Competition. 

Tonight was Hana’s first day back on service. Baekhyun, Kris and Tao all gave her encouraging signs. She rolled her eyes and ignored them.
“She’s so cold.” Kris complained, “It hurts in here.” he touched his chest.
“Our child is embarrassed to be seen with us.” Tao agreed, “Ungrateful brat.”

Baekhyun smiled at their banter. That night, Yifeng was late down, but their whole schedule was thrown off with training. He was incredibly unhappy that day because September had performed badly during training. They quietened down and stood, waiting for Yifeng to take his seat at the head of the table.

“Couple of things…” he went straight in with the evening’s torture session. “As you know, the Zhang Family Competition is upon us, and as such, I have to do a bit of house cleaning. In case the unforeseeable happens.” 

What was this nutjob on about now?  Sung-kyung was really thirsty but they weren’t allowed to drink or eat anything until the Great Yifeng made his pre-dinner speech. It usually was a summary of his observations of their behaviour. He walked around - she called it lurking and when he saw them, he would make notes in a pocketbook and snicker to himself.

“Item one,” he pulled out a small piece of paper from his pocket. 

September blinked. It couldn’t be - please, he wouldn’t have gone into her room and checked her bag. 

“September care to explain this?” he dropped the picture on the table. Yixing stared at it. He picked it up and then turned it over. 

“No, no...show everyone what this has been doing.” Yifeng accused and snatched the sonogram from Yixing, “Whose is it?” 

From the conversation, Sung-kyung could guess what this was about, “Is this why you’ve been throwing up?” 

“Exactly!” Yifeng looked gratefully at Sung-kyung for helping him. 

“Let me see that…” Tao held out his hand and Yifeng flung the picture across the table. Tao stood and grabbed it, he stared at it. 

“What?” Kris stood and leaned over his shoulder. He stilled. 

“What is it? Why are you looking like that?” Yifeng demanded.
“Nothing...we’re just shocked cause I mean…” Kris blabbered and then trailed off miserably.” He wiped the corner of his eye and glared. 

“Are you - crying?” Yifeng couldn’t believe it. 

“Whose is it?” he turned his attention back to September, ‘Is it that bastard Lee Sehun?” 

September’s eyes widened and she hurriedly shook her head.
“It’s mine.” Baekhyun raised his hand and stood. “We…” he motioned between him and September, “We were together b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter