Baekhyun's Plan

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris Baekhyun and Tao were shoved into Kris’ bedroom with two guards positioned on the outside. The door was left open and from across the hall, they could see the passage leading to Yixing’s section of the house. 

Kris knew Sung-kyung would manage Yixing, she’d done it for the better part of ten years but that didn’t mean he had to be okay with this new situation. He had been trapped here for close onto a month, and now Baekhyun! Lee Soo-hyuk and Song Gaelin’s son was too. He was so screwed. Kai was going to find some way to blame this on him. 

From the way Kris was pacing, Tao knew he was right now caught up in how he was going to best wiggle his way out of this mess. That was the Kris style. But it was a natural survival instinct from his tough childhood. Tao had witnessed Kris’ kindness and others first every day. All he had to do was look at Sung-kyung and himself - for that matter.

“So let me get this straight.” Kris faced Baekhyun who sat numbly on the bed, looking but not really seeing. Kris’ features relaxed and he sat beside Baekhyun. Tao sat on the other side, “Lets whisper” Kris cautioned. “There are no cameras in the bedrooms but everywhere else…” he looked around to demonstrate this point, “there are at least 30 guards that I’ve counted and reinforcements I’m sure.” 

“Hyung…” Baekhyun started breathing heavily. His eyes darted to the guards walking up and down. Hana, Yixing’s psycho scary butler was also on the prowl. All he could think about was not he should have stayed at home or never followed Isa here. He thought because it was his nature - thank God I’m here. 

“Right…” Kris screwed up his mouth. He was getting off point, “Give me the rundown of what I missed.” 

“Hyeran died in stunt accident on set. I went to check if there was any foul play but…” he shook his head. Tao pressed his shoulders comforting the younger man.” he neglected to bring up the part where he’d spent the better part of the time afterwards, conjuring up Kris’ supposed spirit like some Luke and Yoda moment. 

Kris nodded, “Go on. What next?” 

“Things were tense but then Emi’s death day.” Tao and Kris exchanged a quick look over Baekhyun’s head. “Kai basically told Sung-kyung that he still cared for her but he also cared for Lilly. Kai told me later that Lilly had been through the most with her parents dying.” 

Kris snorted but Baekhyun didn’t pay attention now that he was talking freely, the words tumbling out. “Hyung said so I must drop everything for Sung-kyung when she arrives and forget the woman who stood by me all this time? Lilly doesn’t run. Sung-kyung runs every time.” 

They were silent because it was kinda true.
“When did your hyung become the rational one?” Kris muttered. Damn, he actually missed that guy. 

“Anyway, the store was launched and OMO!” the guards looked back when Baekhyun unexpectantly explained, “Pabo. I forgot. Hyung...there’s a secret Lee heir. Well that’s what we calling him” 

“A what?” Tao and Kris echoed. 

“Harabeoji had an affair with some lady and his son was…” Tao and Kris were hanging on every word, “Lee Taemin.” Baekhyun’s breath released in a big gush. He looked from Tao to Kris. Their faces were frozen. Baekhyun waved his hand in front of Tao’s face, “Appa has allowed him to compete in the competition since he missed his chance during the last competition.” 

“Wait - wait just a minute…” Kris couldn’t stop the laughter and started pacing again. “I know I shouldn’t laugh but…” 

“I know he looks young...remember he was our driver during the Madame incident and he shot the Madame even - how old was he then?” 

“Didn’t he say 20s?” Kris tried to think back. His brain hurt, “Motherers.”

“Maybe he had plastic surgery.” he snuck a look at Kris, “People think you had work hyung. I mean the face is too perfect right?” he looked at Tao. 

“Yah…” Kris warned. 

 “Has the competition been announced?” Kris demanded. He was stuck here on this stupid island and he’d miss his chance to compete in the biggest arena of his life. He’d worked the better part of his adult life to get here and he wouldn’t even be there. “Motherers.” 

Tao shook his head at the swearing. 

“Not officially,” Baekhyun was explaining about the competition, “But we all think Appa is trying to buy Kai time and he already called for it.” 

“Lee Soo-hyuk!” Kris began but Baekhyun shot him a dark look. Kris held up both hands and crouched before Baek on the bed. “Baekyunah…” he took his hands, “Tell me about Sehunah…” 

“Isa...I guess you know now that she’s this guy’s butler. They made some sort of deal without Sehunah knowing. Isa said she’d come back because that guy has her friend kept here.” 

Tao shook his head, “Baek…” Kris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter