Taken

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your name is not on the list,” the women scanned the guest list at the entrance of the Mutuality fundraising party, “Please if you could move to one side and let me help the people behind you?”

“Check again,” Sana held out her prosecutor’s office identification, “Find it now?” she asked sweetly.

“Of course.” The woman exchanged a look with a man behind her, a much stricter looking man, he nodded.

“You probably have 5 minutes to slip away before someone comes to check why we’re here,” Sana whispered to Isa and snatched a glass of champagne off a passing waiter, “.” She smiled sweetly at some weird guy who winked at her, “I hate these things.”

“There’s a prosecutor here?”

“I know, I invited the head Prosecutor myself. It’s always good to keep the law happy We do have to work with them from time to time Ji-sung hyung.” Siwon explained, “Now I have to greet some guests.”

“I understand Sajangnim, but this Prosecutor was not on the list.”

“Who is it?”

Ji-sung brought up the profile he’d found on the prosecutor’s website, “Kim Sana”

Siwon grabbed the tablet, “Never heard of her.” He craned his neck, “Where is she?”

“Last time I checked, at the bar enjoying the complimentary service.”
“Watch the tone. She’s a representative of our great legal system.” Siwon ran a hand through his hair. “I’ll handle it. I’ll Find out what she’s doing here. You probably have better things to do.”

Ji-sung rolled his eyes, “Yes, Sajangnim.” He bowed and went back to supervise the rest of the arrivals.

Siwon circled the room, he now had a view of the bar. A striking figure in a red dress caught his attention. It was her; he’d first seen her before at the courthouse during a visit with his uncle. About to leave the judge’s chambers he’d heard someone swearing. He’d gone up the flight of stairs and there was a woman dressed in one of those magnificent power suits, sheer stockings, high heels, red lips and that anger. She’d been kicking the out of the dustbin. He’d got a hardon right there and fallen in love. The natural thing to do after that was to attend as many of her cases and run a background check. He was surprised to find that she’d worked for a corp giant like Finite but had come home to take care of her ailing father. If she could work under Jung Kyungsoo then she must be tough as nails. She was tough, he’d seen it in every court appearance.

“Evening Prosecutor.”

Sana gulped down some more free champagne, “Evening…” she looked around, “Nice party huh?”

“Yeah, some fundraiser thing by some boring CEO” He shrugged.

“Yeah, I hear he’s a real douche.”

“And he’s only doing this to impress some girl.”

She pointed toward the stage, there was his face floating on a big screen, “So that’s not you?”

“I see the resemblance, but that’s not me.”

She broke into a grin, “You’re terrible Siwonah.”

He grew serious, “I heard you’re not on the guest list. If you’d just agreed to come with me, then you wouldn’t need to sneak in.”

“Maybe I’m here to pick up guys,” she scanned the room, pretending to look for a suitable candidate. He stepped into her line of vision. When she met his eyes, she recognised desire.

“Quick,” she warned as he led her to a side door and out into the garden, down a path and into a meeting room, “I had meetings in here this afternoon.” He said, “no one will come in.” he locked the door for good measure and watched her, “I like the dress on you. See I do know your size.”

“You want me to be impressed?”

“No, I am beyond trying to impress you. This whole thing was to impress you and you couldn’t even be bothered to come out publicly with me.”

Sana shrugged, “I’m not interested in dating some chaebol with the keys to the kingdom.”

“What are you so afraid of?” he’d been going crazy trying to figure her out. Why wouldn’t she give him a chance?

“Are we doing this? There’s free champagne I could be drinking.”

he undid his tie and grabbed her waist, yanking her against him so she could feel how up he was for her, “You seriously drive me crazy,”

Sana kissed him “Less talking more undressing.” She ed his pants, “I’m just gonna skip ahead here,” he hoisted her onto the desk an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter