Emi's Anniversary

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lilly was waiting for Kai when he came to see her. He’d been spending a lot of time with his father and wouldn’t tell her what it was about. She only knew because the Master said the competition would start – Jongin would win – she’d be the next Chairlady of the Lee Estate and then she’d show those ers who was boss! But, she had to get Jongin to marry her and it had to be done before the competition.

The Master said someone went in one way and got spat out another – never the same. They might love you now and hate you after.“Do not ever underestimate what those judges know about you. They know exactly who you are and what you’re trying to do and they have the authority to release that knowledge into the world”

Lilly shivered. No ing way would she allow that. She had to marry Jongin – now. “Jongin!!!!” she wrapped her arms around him, “I missed you, I missed you so much but, I know you need to spend time with your family too. Hopefully when we’re married spending time with me and them will be one and same?”

“Oh, I don’t know…” Kai had a mischievous smile, “I could name a couple of differences.” Lilly took it as an opening and slid her hands up his firm chest. “I went to see Sung-kyung ssi this afternoon…” she raised uncertain eyes to his. Would he be angry? Kai looked like he wanted to say something but then he held back. He never used to do that. Now it felt like he was deliberating what to say. “Your sister and Jung Minah were there with Kyungsoo ssi’s new girlfriend.”

“She’s more than that.” Kai replied irritated by her choice in words, “We don’t just have new girlfriends like we're picking a new car.”

Lilly needed to be careful. This was starting to feel like the old Consortium – when she’d first met Kai and had to work tirelessly to worm her way into his life and create a distance between him and them.

“What about it? They are helping Sung-kyung renovate the store. Isn’t that a good thing?” Kai continued. 

Big tears formed in her eyes, "but they didn’t know I’d arrived and I could hear them talking. Sung-kyung said she didn’t need to design my stupid wedding dress to get you back.” Lilly burst into tears, “I don’t know what’s happening! Why would she say something like that?” she searched his face, “Di…did you two.” She hiccupped, “Know each other?”

Kai tensed, he really wanted to avoid this conversation. He took her hands and pulled her gently to the couch, “We went to school together. That is all!” he said when her eyes widened in shock. 

“It’s more than that. She’s in love with you.”

Kai blushed. Lilly didn’t miss it. “That’s hilarious.”

“But not absurd?” Lilly snapped, “I can’t compete with a memory.”

His phone beeped. Thank God. This conversion was awkward AF. It was from Baek. “Today is Emi’s death day.” Baek who ‘d tried so hard to save Emi and managed to pull her body out of the cold water and onto the hard bank. For months after that, Baek had nightmares about Emi’s floating body. Kai and Sehun took turns sleeping with him. Of course, Baek being Baek, didn’t tell them when the nightmares faded because he enjoyed ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter