Chappie 87

Shy Confession

Writer’s side:

“Wait, do we have to ride your car?” Hera stopped a bit. “Yeah why?” Daehyun asked. “Oppa, you always take your car for jobs?” Hera replied. “Of course not. I park it quite far from the shop.” Daehyun laughed. “Come on let’s go, or else we’ll be late.” Daehyun said, rushed her.

       

“We’re here.” Daehyun parked his car. ‘We’re really here.’ Hera blankly gazed at the road in front of her as her mind drifted to many things that could happen. “Don’t worry. You’ll be fine.” Daehyun once again comforted her.

“Finally here.” Hera sighed. It was her first time, in a completely different society she used to live in. Back then it was just her old school and her house. Although her status and condition has changed, it was still the same, went back and forth from school, home, school, then back to home. She never actually feel the real world out there, for a homey girl like her, this is a big challenge, interacting with others, no, strangers.

 

“Hello.” Daehyun bowed, followed by the timid girl behind him. The shop’s manager let out a smile, “Your job will start today, and that guy over there will help you guys in the meantime.” He explained, then pointing at the figure of a man behind the cashier. “Yes.” Daehyun and Hera bowed for the last time before putting their aprons.

“Oppa, I’m nervous.” Hera bit her lips. Daehyun looked at her cutely, “Our little missy is scared huh?” He laughed. “Stop it. You’re not even helping.” Hera frowned. “You’ll be fine.” Daehyun said. He must be saying that for thousand times today.

When the two are ‘teasing and frowning and laughing’ with each other, a figure walked to them.

“Hello, please take care of us well!” both Daehyun and Hera automatically bowed. “No need for that.” The man laughed. “Ah I forgot. I’m Song Minho, just call me Minho. If you need any help, just tell me.” He said, rested for a bit then he continued, “So… Jung Daehyun and Seo Hera?” he took a good look of the two. ‘Ah this is frustrating. How can I make them together … Kim Himchan seriously’ he spat his diva friend of his. ‘This is so awkward.’ He grunted. If it wasn’t for his dearest friend, he’ll give no damn about working in this coffee shop.

“Jung Daehyun, you’ll be the cashier. Hera ssi? You’ll be with me.” Mino said. He pitied the couple … no soon-to-be couple tho, not having the courage to express anything is such a pain, and well that’s what everyone thought except the two oblivious persons standing in front of him.

‘So I need to make this stubborn guy jealous.’ ‘How do I make this guy jealous?’ Mino yelped, fighting with his own self, and cursing that damn Himchan for the nth time.

‘Okay. Nevermind. The first step of making this guy jealous is to keep his girl with me.’ Mino concluded, hence the choice he chose.

Daehyun frowned, but he couldn’t complain, since Mino is his senior in the workplace. “Yes.” Daehyun slowly answered.

 

“That’ll be 12000 won.” Daehyun said, smiling to the customer who clearly fell for him. But his eyes definitely drifted to Mino and Hera side.

“No, that goes here.” Mino held Hera’s hands as he showed the right mixture. “Oh. I’m sorry.” Hera timidly said. Mino smiled “Nah that’s okay, it’s your first time anyway.”

 

“Erm.. Sunbae, how long did you work here?” Hera got the courage to ask. “1 year and a half?” Mino ‘skilfully’ lied. Okay, truthfully he never work. Never ever, just this once since Himchan had been practically begging and whining for days.

 

Minho is still clumsy himself at making drinks, although he learned privately with his fellow friends at a café. He occasionally peeked at Daehyun whose eyes are burning with jealousy. (Completely burning, he might have burned down the café)

 

 

>> Special lounge<<

 

“YO!!!Dudee!!” Youngjae literally screamed, overly excited to see his best friend. “What?”Daehyun curtly said. “Dude, please don’t return to the old ridiculously cold self-proclaimed ice prince Jung Daehyun.” Youngjae rolled his eyes as the said boy gave him the coldest stare ever.

But the brainy Yoo definitely knows what’s going on with his lifetime friend, he’s just jelly over the fact some unknown-unidentified boy is messing with his self-claimed girl.

Youngjae brushed the fact that the grumpy friend of his is still giving him the cold and lifeless gaze, “So, how’s work?” he tapped his friend’s shoulder.

“It . Totally . It has been what? 4 days since we started working and that Minho Minha Mocha dude is still a glue.” Daehyun grunted. “Who? What? Someone’s a glue?” Youngjae acted oblivious.

 

“You’re no help either.” Daehyun sighed and helped himself with some drink. “AH I don’t even want to drink coffee. It made me sick.” He complained. ‘Sure sure help yourself grumpy-pants.’ Youngjae at the back, quietly crunching some snacks he grabbed. “Alright then.” Youngjae shrugged leaving the grumpy-pants alone.  

 

Well, it’s not his fault to make his dearest friend of him to suffer from jealousy but after since the girl whom Daehyun loved or the one who could not be named betrayed him, he was too scared to show his emotions, too scared to interact, too scared to go out, and he was more than glad to know that the-now-grumpy boy is back to his old self when Hera came along.

Even sometimes Youngjae is disgusted by Daehyun’s overwhelming emotions. That kid knows no control seriously.

 

“Hyung seems like your trick works.” Youngjae smirked. “Right!! What did your hyung tell you, rascal.” The voice came from the other line of the phone.

 

“Ah… I’m curious as hell.” Himchan said. “Where are you?”

“Err… just outside of the lounge? Where are you hyung?” Youngjae asked back, today the hyungs are taking leave to prepare you-know-what things, and the maknaes are skipping classes, which results in super quiet situation and their muse, Hera is nowhere to be seen.

 

“House. Spa. I need my massage.” Himchan replied. “tch. This hyung.” Youngjae ended their phone call and still wondering around the corridor, in order to avoid the mr-grumpy-pants.

 

“Oh! Pres Yoo!” Hera greeted, as cheery as ever. “Hey!” Youngjae waved back. “How’s work?” he asked. “Work? Great! I got to experience things thanks to you guys.” Hera grinned, ear to ear and gave Youngjae a warm light hug. “Thank you.” She smiled. “What’s wrong with you being cheesy and all in the morning?” Youngjae shrieked from the sudden hug he received. “Just because..?” Hera replied back and still grinning widely.

“Oh you came.” Daehyun coldness ran through the whole corridor. “Gonna go get some snacks outside.”he quickly went out from the special floor, leaving the two dumbfounded.

“Ya, what’s wrong with him?” Hera asked, Youngjae shrugged “Don’t know.”

“The old Jung rude Daehyun is back I guess?” Youngjae sighed. “I guess you might be right.” Hera mumbled as she headed to the class.

 

>> End of writer’s side <<