Chappie 78

Shy Confession

Daehyun’s side:

Hera finished her introduction, although she’s a little bit trembling. But she did it the crowds are clapping although it shows no sincerity. I sighed. We walked down the stage, everyone congratulated her. I’m surprised they’re acting kindly, but Hera should have noticed it already.

“Heraaa!!” someone hugged her from behind. “Ha Kyung-ah~~” she squealed. “How? Was it good? Am I trembling?” she asked numerous questions. Ha Kyung-ssi just laughed and tapped her shoulder, “You did well.”How I really wish I was the one who did that.

Hera let out a big sigh, “I’m glad.” She flashed a big smile. I’m glad she’s relieved, I put my mask back. And smiled, like an idiot (Youngjae elbowed me). That’s right, I’m an idiot.

I tapped her shoulders. “Let’s get some fresh air.” I whispered. She nodded, and followed me along. I brought her to the garden, quite far from the hall so I’m pretty sure the others won’t check us out.

Hera let out a sigh “Oppa, you totally saved me.” She stated. I laughed, and put out my mask. “I thought you loved it there?” I , since we got close, it’s always fun to , and not to mention that I enjoyed seeing her reactions. “Oppa!!” she hit me, lightly. “You must be kidding me, I thought I was dying out there.” She smiled, and let out her nervous chuckles from before.

 

“What to do Seo Hera? I think you might collapse at the debutante ball.” I laughed, she pouted. The way she pouts though… it made her look adorable. I smiled, grinning mischievously. “Well, practice makes perfect. Just see Jung Daehyun.” Hera warned. “You don’t dance today?” I asked her, she was either talking or observing us eating, and eat. She laughed, “I’m sick of dancing. Lin unnie tortured me with those dance steps.” She whined. I laughed along with her. I hoped, we’d stay like this forever, talking, laughing, and staring at each other. What hurts me the most was the fact I haven’t claimed her yet.

 

“How about oppa?” she asked, “Oppa haven’t dance either.” She pointed out. “Well, I rather eating than dancing with other..” I paused, thinking of any good words to say “girls?” she guessed. Bingo.

“It’s overwhelming and a bit uncomfortable.” I explained, it’s true though, sometimes dancing, with several partners could get you into several uncomfortable situations.

“I got it.” Hera signaled. “But oppa…” she hesitated, a bit. I wonder what she is hesitating about. “Can you… erm…” Hera blushed, a lot. I don’t want to be self-conceited or somewhat, but I hope she has a tiny bit feelings for me.

“Can I what?” I to get the right answer. “Be my dance partner!” Hera kind of yelped. She’s squinting her eyes, maybe is embarrassed. I chuckled, I pat her head “Oppa! Don’t, it’ll ruin my hair.” Though she complained, “of course~” I agreed, but she happily started her position.

 

End of Daehyun’s side.

Writer’s side:

Daehyun grabbed Hera delicately; well he shows his affections now, just now. It was surprising how he could handle it. And Hera still, just still in confusion.

It does make her heart flutter whenever she’s with him, and she likes it. She likes how he could make her felt, useless, in no power. His each stare made her felt safe. She doesn’t hope for more, his acquaintance is enough for her.

While Daehyun, seems to be in the pathetic one. He surely couldn’t handle his feelings for her, it was only Hera who’s oblivious and too tacky to begin with, everyone could see he has something for her, from the start. But what he can’t handle is his fear, fear of being betrayed like what he had experienced, but now, he was 100% sure it wasn’t the betrayal he was feared of, it was rejection and denial. He wanted to overcome his fear, but he can’t bear it.

 

“Oppa, for someone who dislikes dancing…” Hera judged, “Oppa is good.” She laughed. “It was all practice~” Daehyun cooed. “With who? B.A.P? Youngjae?” Hera laughed oh imagining him dancing along with Youngjae would have been a great pleasure.

 

“Sometimes~” Daehyun agreed. “Did Youngjae wear a wig?” Hera asked. “Unfortunately, he isn’t.” Daehyun said. “That’s too bad.” She laughed along him.

Daehyun loves how her laugh sounded like a sweet ringing bells, repeatedly. It made him crazy, basically. He loves how she always, widened her eyes when she’s curious about something, it made him want to squish her, bad. He loves it when everything about her drives him insane.

Daehyunn gripped her shoulders, examining her face, so sudden. “Oppa? Why? Is there something on my face?” Hera couldn’t help it but to stutter, he’s definitely giving her some chills, and butterflies?

“There is.” Daehyun gulped. He stared at her beautiful eyes, nose, and last, her lips. Her cherry lips.

“Where?” Hera asked, staring at the boy’s eyes. “Right here.” He planted his lips above hers.

It made them froze.

End of writer’s side.