Chappie 4

Shy Confession

 

      Writer’s side:

The next semester started and the dreamy vacation has ended. Students groaned and the teachers started working.

Hera walked to the hall towards her new class. As expected, she was ignored by everyone.

High school for Hera seems like to be her previous days like, being ignored with no friends.

Time flies so fast for others but time flies slowly for Hera. She didn’t have any friends…yet.

      End of writer’s side.

 

                       

Humph, when will I show up to her? She believed me already. It’s up to her parents now.

 

This school year went boring in my opinion I mean Hera didn’t wear her glasses anymore. Are they blind? She’s pretty no, she’s way beyond beauty can’t they see? I’m mad. But still I can’t be furious and show up in front of them they’ll freak out. Just thinking of their expressions makes me laugh.

Unknowingly, the boring school year finally came to an end. As usual, Hera ranked first again. And guess what? It’s time for my most favorite time of all summer vacation!

 

It’s June 6 and what I see each this day, Hera’s parents and grandfather wear black attire and their eyes were all tear up except for Hera. Hera does not seem to know what’s happen on this day since she didn’t wear any black attire as the others.

“Hera, come out from your room, we need something to explain to you.” Mrs. Seo said with a loud voice.

“Yes mum just wait a minute.” Hera replied. She went to the living room where the elders at.

“Hera, sit down and listen well please don’t freaked out after hearing the story.” Seo Chun Song, Hera’s father said while motioning her to sit down.

Now, that’s weird. Seo Kyung Pyo, Hera’s grandfather cleared his throat. Hera’s family is always comfy to be with, their humors and their comforting really comforts you and makes you felt warm and cozy all around. But, I wonder what makes them to be so nervous this time.

“Hera, actually… you have a twin sister.” Hera’s father said slowly and hesitantly afraid if Hera will be freaked out at his statement.

“What? Me? Twin sister? How come I haven’t met her even for once? I don’t believe this. It’s better for me to believe in fairy rather than I having a twin sister which her face I never see.” Hera blurted not believing what she just heard.

“Hera please believes this. I know it’s ridiculous but yes you have a twin sister. But…” Seo Kyung Hee, Hera’s mother stopped holding her tears.

“W-what happened to her?” Hera asked stuttering as she adding interest to her twin sister.

“S-she…” Hera’s mother couldn’t continue as she wiped her flowing tears.

“She’s dead.” Seo Kyung Pyo said firmly and calmly. “What? How come?” Hera asked now she’s totally put interest to the topic.

While me… I’m still in a shock. Then the dream she dreamt a year ago does make sense.

“Hera, we should put this topic down first. Now go to the next topic.” Hera’s father cut the topic. Now, the atmosphere around the living room lifted up. I felt something weird but fun.

“You will be transferring school.” Hera’s mother said with a big smile pasted on her face. Hera looked around and seeing her father and grandfather grinned.

“Transfer? Me? Why? And where?” Hera asked blankly pointing her point finger to her face.

“You’ll be transferring to TS High dear. It’s one of my best friend recommendations to transfer you there since he is the principal there.” Hera’s grandfather explained.

“TS High?? That TS?” Hera asked. Maybe I know the reason why she’s surprised. TS High is the most elite school in this country. All of the sons or daughters from successful and powerful family study there. Their ranking systems were also a no joke. Hera always dreamt going there as she know the subjects there would be a match to her level but she always knew it will makes no sense since she always think her parents cannot pay for the incredibly high tuition fees.

“Yes honey and I think you need some makeover to your appearance.” Hera’s mother smiled.

“What do you mean by change my appearance?” Hera asked.

“Makeover dear~” Hera’s mother beamed. “But, we’ll be superb busy tomorrow till several months to prepare something big for you which we’ll explain it to you tomorrow. So, I need some help but my friends could not help me makeover my pretty daughter here… How to do now?” she continued then lower her face.

Wait, does she say help? I guess time for me to show up.

“Did you just say help?” I finally show up in my teen look. Surprisingly, they didn’t look frightened or freaked out.

“Who are you?” Hera’s father asked. I’m impressed they didn’t look like they see a ghost or something. Wait, I still don’t have a name.

“I’m Lin.” I replied blurted the first name I could think of. “How can you sneak in here?” Hera’s grandfather asked. I guess I must tell them the truth.

“Actually, I’m Hera’s helper and protector I’ve been here since Hera was around 3 years old. But, I couldn’t show up before so I’m sincerely sorry. And about the makeover, I could help. I have fashion powers.” I said.

“Show us and make us believe.” Hera said while the others nodded then seeing me in sparkling eyes.

I raised my fingers and turned Hera’s hair into side French mini braid. Which in my opinion it works well with her wavy hair. Then, I changed her clothes into mini floral print dress. They all gasped and I smiled.

“Lin, could you help us?” Mrs. Seo asked again.

“Of course I would like to!” I beamed. Since, I showed up to them already I can show myself in spirit form or human form in spirit form, only Hera and the person here right now could see me, if I’m in my human form, everyone could see me.

“Okay, the problem number one is settled. We’ll talk again tomorrow morning. Since it’s late already, let’s go to bed.” Hera’s father said as he and Mrs. Seo excuse themselves, while Seo Kyung Pyo, Hera’s grandfather walked to the guest’s room.

Hera and I stand there awkwardly until, Hera break the ice.

“So, Lin… hmm unnie, is it okay if I call you that?” Hera asked me and I nodded "Of course."

“Why are you here?” She asked me curiously. “Well, I don’t know maybe helping you, protecting you, or even stalking you?” I joked and we laughed. Okay, being comfortable check.

“Unnie… Thank you!” She suddenly hugged me and I pat her back. “Why are you thanking me?” I asked.

“Well, you helped me a lot, you courage me for not crying when I don’t have any friends to talk with. It was  yours right?” she told me and then she grinnedear to ear.

“Yeah, I’ve been with you since you were like… three? So, I know your habits now. Like, when you’re lying you always make sounds from your nail or scratching your toes and blink your eyes faster, when you have some trouble you would always sleep earlier than before and…” I blurted and she closed my mouth with her hands.

“Okay unnie I got it. Stop it now before you spoiled my secrets.” She said and chuckled.

“Okay now let’s go back to your room, get some sleep, and hearing the stories tomorrow morning.” I said.

“Yes unnie!” she beamed. She’s so adorable, the weird thing is what will the elders say tomorrow morning, and I think it’s something big and important and secretive.