Chappie 3

Shy Confession

3

The ceremony came to an end. And it’s finally came the day Hera went to the eye clinic to do her surgery. How come? Let’s take a look.

 >>Earlier week before today <<

      Writer’s side:

“Hera dear, I registered you to do the eye surgery next week from today!” Hera’s mum beamed happily as she stormed out Hera’s room.

“Mum, I didn’t tell you to do so.” Hera groaned. Apart from the reason she felt bad for her parents she’s also actually afraid from doing the surgery and hospital. She hated clinics and hospital so much even the hearing the word hospital makes her want to puke.  ‘Hospital… it means I must go to the hospital’ Hera thought.

“Honey, it’s alright. I know you tired from wearing your glasses right? Also you hated contacts right? This is for your own good dear.” Mrs. Seo said as she picking up the laundry from Hera’s room.

Hera knows she can’t beat her mum as she telling the truth. “Okay I’ll do it.” She agreed.

      End of writer’s side.

Now let’s go back to the present alright?

     Hera’s side:

“Mum on second thought, do I really have to do this surgery?” I asked my mum hoping she would think the same way as I do.

“Of course… not dear, I saw you tired wearing those thick glasses but you hated eye contacts so this is the only way honey.” My mum said. She was right I never liked wearing my glasses but because of my bad sight I must wear them, but I hated contacts since it was always irritated my eyes. 

So, here we are standing in front of the clinic where the surgery will take place. I walked in and hoped the surgery went well. The doctor said it will take probably a month for me to recover depends on the patient it frightened me more. But, some voices in my heart and on my mind whispered to me it was all for my own good I believed it was my protector and my helper voice, those voices always come when I’m having hard situations for me to handle on. I trusted the voice I trusted her existence also, it feels cool to have your own hidden protector.

I went for the surgery and it didn’t look bad as I always thought. It will just take a month Hera you could do this. I cheered myself tighten my fist and then cheered myself again.

I think it’s not that bad. But, I wonder what happened to the guys I bumped with on my graduation day. Okay now stop thinking about them but I really wonder when will I ever meet them again?

      End of Hera’s side.

I saw Hera trembling when she heard the doctor said it will take a month for her to recover. How cute of her. I talk to myself.

“Hera you will be okay it’s for your own good. You always are a social butterfly with Nana right? You wanted to have friends right? Hera I’m not saying this hoping you would be the mean queens at school no, I just hoped you made some friends instead of talking by yourself. It hurts for me to see you like that. I promise one day if you could sense me I’ll show up and be your best friend. Also, you are tired for having to wear those glasses right? It’s time for you to change Hera, don’t change but always be yourself Hera, your true self.” I softly whispered to her. I really meant my words. I meant every single word. But then I felt something strong went through me and I know Hera started to sense my existence I’m so happy. But, I can’t just show up right now, her parents need to sense me also. I sighed knowing it would be a long way for waiting her parents or even her grandfather to sense my existence. I badly want to try on my fashion powers and my girly powers on Hera. I bet she would love my powers a lot.

Hera went to the clinic and did the surgery well. It now depends on her for the recovery.

 

Let me fast forward.

1 month has passed and it time for Hera to remove the bandage covering her eyes. I never can see Hera’s eyes clearly since she always wore her glasses. But now I could see it and her eyes are sparkling like a diamond.

I always knew it she’s a goddess inside. Except for her awful fashion taste, she’s an innocent and pure beauty. She’ll look gorgeous if she’s wearing miniskirts or shorts or everything it would all look good on her.

I admired her beauty and those sparkling eyes gave her extra points! It’s now up to her if she wants to change her awful hair style and fashion taste.

 

      Hera’s side:

I’m really worried, the new semester will coming up in 1 month and I’m afraid for not having friends or will I get bullied by the others?

I’m happy enough to finally free from wearing my glasses. I’ll miss you glasses. I don’t know about my hair though. I don’t want to be a queen there who’ll act as they want. I promise I’ll not.

Ah, I remember that sound. When they come back? Those soothing voice comforting me I miss them even though it does not make any sense, I believe in God Mother in Cinderella fairytale. But, why doesn’t she show up? Oh, well. I must go prepare for the next semester.

      End of Hera’s side.