Chappie 64

Shy Confession

Writer’s side:

Hera sits there, right beside him. ‘Damn… ‘ Daehyun thought, he can’t control his rapidly heart beat nor he can control his eyes for not staring at her.

“Can’t sleep?” Daehyun asked, gathered lots of courage and determination to say it. Hera nodded “Well since it’s a new environment.” She awkwardly said. “How about you? Can’t sleep also?” Hera asked the boy sitting beside her back. He nodded, “It brings back memories.” He bitterly said.

“Memories?” Hera muttered. Daehyun tries to hold his tears and memories from the past, guess even though he has move on, he still can’t forget the sweet but both bitter memories from the past eh?

“I guess it’s her right?” Hera carefully asked him. Daehyun looked straightly at her eyes, Hera blushed but she still maintains to carefully look at his eyebrows since she can’t look straightly at his eyes. “Are you cold?” she asked again and offered one of her blanket to him, “Thank you, and yeah. It’s her, Kang Eun Mi.” Daehyun said.  Hera let out an ‘ah’ sound, quite nervous for even let a small sound.

“We went with the whole crew to here each summer. We went playing, barbeque and many more.” Daehyun reminisced the day when he and his friends went to the beach for the first time. Hera doesn’t know what to say, but he continued. “I worked hard to buy this penthouse, every day I worked for about 3 part time jobs or even more. I just can’t believe she would do that.” Daehyun said, covered in the warmness of Hera’s blanket, the soft fragrance of her blanket calmed him down.

“Is it okay if I ask?” Hera said, with her soft and soothing sound Daehyun replied “Sure”. “What did she do?” Hera asked, she thinks she is more comfortable with him now. At least is not as uncomfortable as before.

Daehyun looked at her, observing her perfect face, her almond eyes. He smiled and closed his eyes “She betrayed us. Not only me, but B.A.P, Nam Soon, Heung Soo, and the whole school. She left just like that, left a big deep scar for everyone. It is too hurt for saying what had she done before.” Daehyun said then opened his eyes back. Hera examined him closely when he closed his eyes, she felt so safe. Daehyun peeked, “But I think that scar is healed, everyone is healed because of someone.” He then held his smile with his hand. “Who is that someone?” Hera curiously asked, leaned to him further. Daehyun faked his cough “Well… that’s our secret of course~” he snickered.

“tch.” Hera said then covered herself with blanket she brought and let out her curiosity away. “Hera-ssi…?” Daehyun asked, carefully said her first name. “Yes?” Hera replied “Is it okay for you to call each other more comfortably… and drop the formalities?” Daehyun asked her. “Sure! Should we be friends?” Hera asked, offered him hands shake. Daehyun replied that handshake. “Let’s be friends from now on, Seo Hera.” He smiled. “Of course Jung Daehyun.” Hera spelled his name word by word.

The two both laughed “Okay so the awkwardness between us is gone! It’s relieving.” Hera said now in her usual casual tone. “Why?” Daehyun asked her, “Well… since I lived most of my life being alone, and it just felt good to know that I have friends now.” Hera explained. “Is it difficult for you?” he asked again “What kind of difficulty?” Hera asked, confused. “Hmm… Everything.” Daehyun said. “It’s not I meant being as a loner but it is lonely of course , but when I knew the truth it was difficult at first, but you all helped me.” Hera said, straightly at his eyebrows.

“So we’re your savior.” Daehyun proudly said, “Well, it’s not we, but they. You’re not included.” Hera said, Daehyun pouted “Unfair…”. “Daehyun-ah, it feels so weird saying your name with a ssi at the end.” Hera said then laughed, tapping his shoulders. “Make me a nickname.” Daehyun said, put some cute tone.

“Pft. Aegyo wang? Dae? Daedae? Fattie? Since you ate a lot on the BBQ? Squid? Hm…” Hera said listing all of possible nicknames for him. “Squid? Do I look like a squid?” Daehyun protested, “What? You said you want a nickname.” Hera defended. “Just Dae is fine.” Daehyun said. “So, you’re an only child?” Daehyun asked trying to get rid of the squid image out of his brain, forgot that she had an older twin sister “They said I had an older twin sister.” She replied. “Ah right! I forgot, sorry.” Daehyun apologized, “You? Only child? Or siblings?” Hera asked the same thing to him. His face hardened. “ Was,  was siblings. I had an older brother.”. “What happened to your brother?” Hera said.

“Well, there isn’t much who knows that I have an older brother, so you better keep it as a secret.” Daehyun playfully warned her. Hera zipped and threw the key to the ocean. “Your secret is safe with me.” She smiled. Daehyun explained “He left the household, got erased from the family, all of it. The elders got shock from his actions and decided to erase his name from the Jung household and hyung agreed to it. Well, it’s a peace agreement, and the throne transferred to me.”

“Do you miss him?” Hera covered herself with more blankets. “Of course, I do. We played and grew up together.” He replied. “When hyung left, the house felt empty.” He continued.

“Do you ever contact your hyung?” Hera asked Daehyun shook his head “He completely cut off the connections between us. It’s been 2 years ever since.” 2 years, 2 years since her death, 2 years since his brother left the family. It was a hard year for him. Hera stared at him, not out of pity but out of amazement for his hard condition from his luxurious life.

Daehyun finished his ‘back to past’ time and he stared and observed Hera closely, a girl, wearing thin dress (or a pajama) with lots of blankets over her. Daehyun chuckled. “Yah, aren’t you cold?” Hera tilted her head “Huh?” Hera asked. “That.” He pointed at her clothes. Hera looked at her clothes, “Ah… this one? Tch. Unnie… You know Dae, I packed my clothes already but then she changed it! She only packed me these.” She pouted. Daehyunlaughed, “Why? Why laugh?” Hera asked. “Don’t you think sitting here would make your pajama dirty? I bet Lin noona will complain to you.” He explained. Hera stiffened, “Ah… Unnie. I forgot!” Hera quickly stood up as soon as she widened her eyes in horror, you’ll never know when will Lin came and spying, and then at the middle of night, she’ll appear and nag you about why would the clothes which bring romance, she said, dirty?

Hera dusted the sands, Daehyun peeked and he laughed “Are you going to sleep like that? With that?” he pointed again at her dirty spot. Hera nodded, “Of course, she only packed me these.” She frowned, showing a complete sign that she doesn’t like the dress as a pajama. Daehyun offered his hand “Help me to get up.” He whined like a little kid who of course surprised Hera over there, but she handed him her hand despite of the tingling feeling she felt. Daehyun, seems like to have his happiest moment in his life.

 

“Here you can use my sweater and maybe long trousers.” Daehyun said, offered her his sweater and pajama trousers. Hera observed the room, his room. Everything is left simple, with more black and white also some neon colors ornaments.

Hera took the sweater with her “I think I can wear shorts.” And refused Daehyun’s pajama trousers because she thinks it’d be too big for her. “Thanks.” Hera continued. Daehyun coughed “Now, I’ll go out and you go… change.” And he walked away. Hera smiled.

“Daehyun?” Hera peeked, he’s standing right there, right beside the opened door. “Finished?” Daehyun asked he looked at her, wearing the over-sized sweater with her saved from the sands shorts. “Yah… You look good~” Daehyun . Hera frowned, “Anyway, thanks for borrowing me these… and it’s really nice to know you and… erm… goodnight Jung Daheyun!” Hera stuttered, saying those things right in front of him made her blushed; she felt tensed and somehow could not say the things she wanted to say. She rushed to her room, leaving Daehyun the boy still standing before he could say, “Goodnight for you too, Seo Hera.”

End of writer’s side.