Chappie 72

Shy Confession

Writer’s side:

As if it was like a magic, Hera woke up with just a few move from her blankets. Lin sighed. She knew it. She should have done it sooner, yesterday. She was too busy fanning herself over Daehyun and Hera stupidness. But, hey it’s not her fault!

“Unnie… Can’t you give me a five?” Hera, gathering her blankets and started to zone off, “Nope and will never.” Lin snickered. “Unnie…” Hera pouted, but she has no choice but to get out from her bed. It has been Lin’s habit, waking up Hera from time to time reminding her to always, always keep her classy and all she need to do, she may think that she wouldn’t be able to leave Hera alone.

“Oh my… look at those horrible eyes, what did I say about eye bags? Eye bags are one of your flaws gee.” Lin, complained well of course she would, judging from both f Hera’s eyes right now, it looked like Hera hasn’t been able to sleep for days, nope, weeks. When, in reality she only sleeps late. “Do I really need to look flawless? No one really interested in me anyway, and I don’t really care.”

Hera is obviously not a genius when it comes to society, parties, and of course the dumbest of all, about love. And men, she hasn’t get a glimpse of how crush would felt like, quite surprising isn’t it huh? But let us guess that one certain spirit can make her experiencing the joy of crushes and love.

 

 

“Oppa!” the petite girl called over the feminine boy. Himchan smiled, greeting his little sister. Technically yes. “Tsk tsk tsk…” He shook his head, judging her. “What?” Hera asked, “Noona was right, your dark circles are horrible.” Himchan chuckled. “Noona~!!” the tall boy came not long after. “Morning Junhong-ah!” Zelo took a closer look to his favorite noona in the whole wide world “Noona, is that a make-up?” he pointed below of her eyes, there a big dark circles are visible. Hera took a laugh “No it’s not Junhong-ie.” Hera frowned, is it that horrible? Okay, she never thought her dark circles are that horrifying.

Each of the other boys came out from their slumber and each one of them notices how big is Hera’s dark circles. Well, “You’re not even the one who stayed up all night..” well said Yoo Youngjae, well said. “Then do you?” Hera asked him back “Ha! As if Youngjae hyung would stay up late” Zelo, joined the argument. “You Choi Junhong!”

“Anyway, Mr.Fattie hasn’t waked up yet?” Hera asked, out of nowhere. “Who, ahh Daehyun?” Himchan replied. “That boy, he’s the reason we’re always late.”Yongguk blurted. “Bingo, he’s either still sleeping, just woke up, gathering all of his senses” Youngjae continued. “And what you rascal.” Daehyun came with his uniform, ready to swoon all of the girls in the hallway. Daehyun mischievously smiled and greeted them. “Good morning!” “Come on hurry up we’re late.” Youngjae hurried him.

 

“Wait, wait. We’re going to go together?” Hera asked. “Eung? Yes?” Lin said. “Oh! And be very careful from going down, since you guys are nearly… late, many students will be in front! Oh go and grab your breakfast!” Lin said, pushed the crowd. Daehyun widen his eyes, wait what? No breakfast. But Youngjae got a quick eye for his best friend’s actions “That’s why we’re going to go and grab our breakfast idiot, it’ll take us a long time to fill that stomach of yours.” He commented.

Sensing the argument going on, Jongup took the lead (with his angelic smile) “Hyung, noona let’s go~!!”

 

The group was getting kicked out by Lin, holding their school bags, waiting for their turn to get in the van they rented okay, or Youngjae rented.

“Ah… school again.” Himchan complained. “Oppa, you guys are in the special class what so difficult about it?” Hera asked. “It’s difficult! You may get more rest, but trust me. The subjects are urgghh..” “The work just gets doubled.” Zelo joined Himchan. The other boys shook their heads “That difficult?” Hera, well she never experienced this kind of things. “It feels like our hair would fell one by one.” Himchan continued. “It’s just hyung’s not ours.” Youngjae replied in disagreement. “Kim Himchan, don’t scare her.” Yongguk said, scolding Himchan this early in the morning. “Actually, it’s not difficult you just need some extra little hard work than the rest.” Yongguk smiled and ruffled her hair.

 

“Ya Hera, go in front.” Youngjae asked her. “Why?” Hera pointed at herself. “Just go.” “Okay then, it’s not really a big deal anyway.” Hera muttered. “Wait, where’s Chongji?” “Nope, hyung is taking a rest well that’s what noona said to us.” Youngjae said. “So, that’s why our Daehyuunie will drive~” Himchan said. “Wait what? Me? Again?” Daehyun shrieked. “Of course~~” Himchan smiled brightly as he claimed his seat at the back. “Tch. You all, stop arguing we’ll be late. Oi driver go fast” Youngjae ordered. Daehyun has no choice but to drive, oh man Youngjae is late? The world is ending guys. “Everyone get on, we only have for like 15 minutes to go.” Daehyun said. “What!” Youngjae for the last time, screamed.

“Aish, what’s up with the bad luck I got these days…” Youngjae muttered on his seat. “Yoo Youngjae, if you’re going to ask me to hurry, then I’d stop.” Daehyun said. Hera silently chuckled. “Ah you forgot the breakfast.”she reminded. “Breakfast!” “That’s right I haven’t eat my breakfast yet.” Daehyun muttered to himself but was loud enough for the whole van to hear. “Hyung let’s eat our breakfast first! I’m starving.” Zelo pouted, so did Jongup. Yongguk quickly covered his ears as he knew what is going to happen. “Ah! No! School first, and then we eat.” Youngjae almost screamed. Oh gosh, hearing Youngjae’s scream early in the morning is bad for your ears you know? “Aigoo, our son must be starving right? My daughter too.” Himchan pouted. “Daehyun-ah let’s stop by to buy some burgers.” Himchan commanded. “Ah hyung!!” Youngjae put his best pitiful look towards Yongguk who’s been observing and enjoying his time.

Yongguk just smiled; well he is the leader after all. “Since we all are starving, how abut we skip some periods and go grab our breakfast at the cafeteria?” Yongguk asked. “Youngjae can attend the classes we can eat our breakfast.” “Deal?” he said, “Okay! It’s been a long time since we skip class!” Himchan cheered.

The whole breakfast argument thingy ended with Youngjae’s stomach growl. It’s now a completely back-to-awkward moment for Hera. She sighed, and looking over and over again to the mirror. Is it that dark? No, is it that worse? Well, but on one side it doesn’t really bother her but of course it would be bad if she got teased because of her raccoon-like eyes or certain someone cuaght it.

“Okay! Finally! Exactly 3 minutes left! Whoo! I love you Daehyun!!” Youngjae cheered, they arrived exactly 3 minutes before the bell rang, oh well due to Daehyun’s speed drive. “Hyung, but I heard your stomach’s growling again.” Jongup said, poking Youngjae’s stomach. Ha. It growled for the nth time.

End of writer’s side.

 

Daehyun’s side:

“Ah you forgot the breakfast.” Hera said, oh gee how can I forget the most important thing in the whole wide world? Okay screw that. I forgot… to eat my breakfast. I saw Hera today, again and I’ll see her tomorrow, tomorrow, and tomorrow again! Even skipping a meal doesn’t matter for me, as long as I can see her. Why am I so cheesy these days?

Hera, she looked beautiful today. (well, she always looks so beautiful every day). I can’t concentrate on driving! Youngjae is crazy, how can he make Hera seat beside me! But, geez that bastard I’m thankful to him anyway. (Except for receiving his screams early in the morning, I forgive you this time buddy).Sure dude, you want me to drive fast right? And I don’t want to make myself die from nervousness either plus to hear my own heart beating and sweating sure.

 

End of Daehyun’s side.

 

Writer’s side:

“So, Yoo Young Jae? Eat and full or study but starving?” Himchan asked. Youngjae was in a difficult situation whether to maintain his figure as the cool-wise-smart (and handsome) school president or eat and not starving? But hey, it would be embarrassing if the school pres’s stomach is growling right?

“Then, I guess I have to eat.” He said slowly. “Then, skipping school today that’s it?” Jongup asked. “Everyone! This’ll be the last time okay?” Yongguk assured the rest, well… to be sure this is not their first time to skip either, but hey the ball is counting down with Seo heiress re-appearance and with that they can’t do anything ‘bad’.

 

While the others are busy, sneaking out from the security’s hawk eyes, Daehyun and Hera are still hiding in the garden. “Ya, we’ll be heading first and making sure the security team is asleep so wait here!”

“Ah, Jung Daehyun! Keep her safe!” Himchan mouthed. Daehyun snorted. He’s no longer jealous, since he got closer to his dream girl, but one thing bothered him, what if he is ‘friendzoned’?  He and the boys (plus a highly spirited spirit, or an angel) won’t let that happen right? And it’s not forcing his dream girl, but to avoid being in a hurtful zone called as a friend.

 

Daehyun sighed, badly. “Why are you sighing?” Hera, peeked him from the back. “Just…”in other, he’s quite nervous to talk, well he always been nervous all the time, the reality hits him, she doesn’t know his feelings and it hurts him. It hurts him to watch her from the back hiding his feelings to protect their newly made friendship, he decided to take it slowly, although his heart won’t do it.

 

“Yah, Seo Hera? Should I call you a raccoon from now on?” he snorted. “W-why?”Hera gulped, defending herself. “Because of these?” she pointed out at her dark circles. “Ah, I’ve should have just listened to unnie’s words.” She pouted. “Please don’t tell me you’re like the others.” She whimpered.

 

Daehyun took a step closer to her face, observing it as if there’s something wrong. “It’s quite cute, raccoon.” he smiled.

 

End of writer’s side.

Hera’s side:

“Yah, Seo Hera? Should I call you a raccoon from now on?” Mr. Fattie seemed like mocking me right now. Why? My dark circles? Is it that bad really? I should have just listened to unnie. What if he found out that I’m not that interesting? Wait what? Wake up, Seo Hera it’s a big no, there’s a big no way if the ‘Jung Daehyun’ might take a look for you. Don’t get your hopes up okay?

 

No, please don’t come closer, please don’t (I might think I could burst from anytime, I don’t know I need to consult with unnie later). He looked at me with those ‘hawk’ eyes, is he scanning me right now? He’s quite… interesting. For a time he changed into the cold and shiny prince from fairytales, then he became the boy-next-door type of guy, and being a dork. What is this guy’s real-self? Jung Daehyun, congrats. You’ve made Seo Hera, the biggest loner might think you are interesting. Congratulations.

 

“It’s quite cute, raccoon.” Daehyun smiled, like widely and his eyes are twinkling, his dimples under his eyes. And what? I’m cute? I’m cute? Unnie! He says I’m cute! What am I going to do? I’m bursting; it’s racing, for him.

 

End of Hera’s side.